Legal Questions for Our VERIFIED Lawyers #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
:HHJP: DENIED! :HHJP:

That didn't take too long actually. :) As HHJP said in his order setting the hearing, the order was crystal clear. JB and CM either didn't read it or (including, but not limited to) decided to ignore it.
Alittle edit for you, lol.

AZLawyer....

May I just say a heartfelt THANK YOU for all the time you put in answering our questions?

It is hugely appreciated, especially in a case where the defense makes everything very muddy. ( Hmmmmm...maybe that is the idea...just confuse everyone & everything).

I have a feeling you are going to be even more besieged after the hearing tomorrow...
so I thank you in advance....
....and again, this mostly-lurker thanks you for all the months of answering questions. I have learned a great deal.

AZ, let me add my thanks to all the others for helping us understand all these "goings-ons".

Will the attorneys be allowed to "object" during the questioning of witnesses tomorrow and Thursday?

If they will be, I'm afraid JB will be interrupting every two minutes, and nothing will be accomplished.

AZ, let me add my thanks to all the others for helping us understand all these "goings-ons".

Will the attorneys be allowed to "object" during the questioning of witnesses tomorrow and Thursday?

If they will be, I'm afraid JB will be interrupting every two minutes, and nothing will be accomplished.

Oh, yes. It will be a mini-trial on the issues listed for hearing that day.

Will All Evidence used in Trial be displayed for ICA, GA, CA and LA, to see? In other words, is there anything that the SA or the DT have that the Anthony family would not EVER get to see or even HAVE to see?

I understand ICA will be present for the entire trial but would CA and GA be there to see Autopsy photos of Caylee?

Given the sketchy amount of actual information or scientific opinion that the defense has been providing, is there a possibility that HHJP will strike the Frye motions outright and call off or severely limit any Frye hearings or challenges? And what happens if he does? Does it become a major appeal issue? or does the fact that the defense has missed or blown the deadlines limit their avenues of appeal in any way?

Will All Evidence used in Trial be displayed for ICA, GA, CA and LA, to see? In other words, is there anything that the SA or the DT have that the Anthony family would not EVER get to see or even HAVE to see?

I understand ICA will be present for the entire trial but would CA and GA be there to see Autopsy photos of Caylee?

They won't see it unless they're in the courtroom, and they will most likely be excluded from the courtroom for practically the whole trial as they are witnesses.

Probably they wouldn't see the autopsy photos, because they would have no testimony to give about them.

Given the sketchy amount of actual information or scientific opinion that the defense has been providing, is there a possibility that HHJP will strike the Frye motions outright and call off or severely limit any Frye hearings or challenges? And what happens if he does? Does it become a major appeal issue? or does the fact that the defense has missed or blown the deadlines limit their avenues of appeal in any way?

No, the defense is not required to give the scientific information in the motions, just at the hearing. And the state has the burden of proof anyway.

ETA: What was it that JB said was the problem with the chloroform test? That it was a "do it as you go bench type procedure"? Hopefully he will have a witness who can do better than that. ;)

Hi AZ

Can mr mason not just take over as lead on this case he is the death qualified lawye,r should he not be trying this case. Mr baez is completely inadequate. I know he is lead counsel , does that mean as long as he has a death qualified lawyer on side he can still be the" main man" and no one can say " right move over its time for the big boys to take over"

I cannot believe a DQ Lawyer would sit there and allow himself to be dragged down like this, with all the nonsense going on surely there comes a time when enough is enough and you would say ok smart a$$ weve done it your way now were doing it mine.

thanks

Hi AZ

Can mr mason not just take over as lead on this case he is the death qualified lawye,r should he not be trying this case. Mr baez is completely inadequate. I know he is lead counsel , does that mean as long as he has a death qualified lawyer on side he can still be the" main man" and no one can say " right move over its time for the big boys to take over"

I cannot believe a DQ Lawyer would sit there and allow himself to be dragged down like this, with all the nonsense going on surely there comes a time when enough is enough and you would say ok smart a$$ weve done it your way now were doing it mine.

thanks

"Lead counsel" is a meaningless designation. The attorneys can and will switch off taking the "lead" for different witnesses, arguments, etc.

IMO CM is more qualified to try this case, but that's KC's call to make. :)

Hi AZ :seeya:

Just read that in the event of a guilty verdict, CJBP will apparently sentence KC immediately after the verdict is rendered. Article here and relevant snip below:

"Officials also said that if Anthony is found guilty, Perry does not intend to take a long break before a penalty phase, if there is a break at all."

How common is this practice? And what is the subtext here? What is the Court telegraphing by making this known now?

As always, :blowkiss: and thank you for being here for us. Are you excited for the next couple of days? I wish we could send you a paralegal to assist you in keeping up with what will likely be a rapidly-growing "AZ, HAAAALLP!" thread...

Hi AZ :seeya:

Just read that in the event of a guilty verdict, CJBP will apparently sentence KC immediately after the verdict is rendered. Article here and relevant snip below:

"Officials also said that if Anthony is found guilty, Perry does not intend to take a long break before a penalty phase, if there is a break at all."

How common is this practice? And what is the subtext here? What is the Court telegraphing by making this known now?

As always, :blowkiss: and thank you for being here for us. Are you excited for the next couple of days? I wish we could send you a paralegal to assist you in keeping up with what will likely be a rapidly-growing "AZ, HAAAALLP!" thread...

I think this is the usual way it's done--at least in AZ it is. IMO HHJP is making this crystal clear because IIRC when Andrea Lyon was involved she seemed to assume there would be a whole new phase of depositions, etc. for the penalty witnesses after trial. Maybe that's how they do it in Illinois?

I am excited but worried that I won't be able to keep up since I have meetings, etc. the next 2 days. :banghead: Hopefully someone will do one of those helpful "summary" threads!

AZLawyer....

May I just say a heartfelt THANK YOU for all the time you put in answering our questions?

It is hugely appreciated, especially in a case where the defense makes everything very muddy. ( Hmmmmm...maybe that is the idea...just confuse everyone & everything).

I have a feeling you are going to be even more besieged after the hearing tomorrow...
so I thank you in advance....
....and again, this mostly-lurker thanks you for all the months of answering questions. I have learned a great deal.

ITA...and along the same O/T line....Do you get enough sleep...I'm thinking we are on the same time zone (I'm Seattle)---but you have some late nights !!!!!!! But thanks for all you do!!!!!:seeya:

I am excited but worried that I won't be able to keep up since I have meetings, etc. the next 2 days. :banghead: Hopefully someone will do one of those helpful "summary" threads!

Why does work always have to get in the way of hobbies? :waitasec:

ITA...and along the same O/T line....Do you get enough sleep...I'm thinking we are on the same time zone (I'm Seattle)---but you have some late nights !!!!!!! But thanks for all you do!!!!!:seeya:

Sleep....I remember that...

SA to call GA to testify.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What will he be called to testify about?
snipped Prosecutors also plan to call George Anthony to testify.

http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news...ucial-hearings

What would Ga be called to testify about in the hearing? TIA

SA to call GA to testify.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What will he be called to testify about?
snipped Prosecutors also plan to call George Anthony to testify.

http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news...ucial-hearings

What would Ga be called to testify about in the hearing? TIA

I believe the State and Defense witness lists (in the motions thread) specify for which motion each witness will testify. For sure GA would have to testify about whether he was or was not acting on behalf of the prosecution when he interrogated his daughter--which, by the way, I must have missed in those jail visits. IIRC CA and GA barely asked her anything at all.

I believe the State and Defense witness lists (in the motions thread) specify for which motion each witness will testify. For sure GA would have to testify about whether he was or was not acting on behalf of the prosecution when he interrogated his daughter--which, by the way, I must have missed in those jail visits. IIRC CA and GA barely asked her anything at all.

I remember CA asking a few questions of her, but GA only asked a couple of times if there was anything she could tell him that would help him (in his detective mode). Mostly the visits were them telling her, "There, there sweetheart. We will get you out of this, just stay strong." :banghead:

I also remember both GA & CA saying - on national TV even - that they would lie to "save" Casey. I'm eager to see if they were telling the truth about that!!! :sick:

Tomorrow is going to be a longgggggg day. I bet it will take me more than a couple of days to catch up on reading here. You are all so smart/funny/astute/insert complimentary adjective here. :rocker:

Off to take some Niquil (I really do have a sore throat & the sniffles, lol).

Would GA, CA and LA have signed something in order for them to be Agents of the State, OR, can they just say they were and everyone take that as the truth? How does it work? We all know how these people tell the truth.... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheGingerSnoop