LeRoy Parents Want Answers about Tourette-Like Symptoms of 12 Female Students

If TCE is really oozing from the ground, and staining the kids PE clothes when they run on the field, then how could the authorities have said there was no evidence of any thing that could be causing these symptoms?

Mass hysteria in this day and age makes me balk-- there are just so many things bombarding our lives, brains, nervous systems, not to be certain it's one of them is negligent, imo.

If it's only the cheerleaders, personally, I'd look straight to the manufacturing of their uniforms and pompoms-- I'd check the chemical composition of the finished product, how they are laundered, if they were laundered before being worn, how they were stored at the manufacturer (ruling out any contamination from rodent urine/feces, for instance). As the girls are athletes, it seems possible the unis could leach into their systems if contaminated (contact absorption). I'd check the paint/dye of any hand held item-- pompoms for example. We all know how toxic some of the cheap jewelry and toys from China can be (lead, cadmium), I don't think these girls' choice of jewelry or hair ornaments (from Claire's, for instance) would be any different. (I can immediately add bejeweling their cell phones to the list of things to check.) jmo

Whatever it is, I hope the symptoms clear up for all of them...

My thoughts exactly after hearing the report of all being cheerleaders...IF true. If they told me my daughter was suffering from mass hysteria, I'd find a way to take her on a month long vacation...and try to entertain her to get her mind on other things...and isolated from the other girls, the media and anything with a hint of "the hysteria", imo.

And since when can't a parent of a child know what the "diagnosis" is! Someone's drawing a picture with a crapola crayon!

JMO

I wouldn't trust the Gov. to give an honest answer....panic, lawsuits, all kinds of issues. Of course the Gov. would want to blame it on something where no blame is involved.

My first gut instinct was a drug, and some how by the time the CDC tested it was out of the system.

I live not too far from Leroy. I can't find local coverage of Erin B's investigation.
Not even on the TV station whose reporter appeared in the Dr. Drew segment.
The school district also owns gas wells that surround the school where fracking has been used.
It seems like someone is being told to keep quiet . . . wouldn't you think it would be reported that Erin B and Dr. Drew's show were coming to town?

very suspicious

Misizzy's post makes me wish I knew the parents I would tell them to start them on 10mg of 5MTHF I bet it would help these girls. Read Misizzy's thread and then watch the long video that she suggested to learn more about it.

Perhaps the original stimulus was from one or more of the girls - a cri de couer for attention, the "symptoms" initially invented; and then it spread as others heard of it and learned details. The subconscious is a very delicate matter; once one has begun to mimic any sort of behavior, the behavior itself can eventually take hold. "O the mind, mind has mountains, cliffs of fall/Frightful," Father Hopkins reminds us (in his sonnet "No Worst, There Is None"). Whatever the case, prayers for those involved, and their families.

Misizzy's post makes me wish I knew the parents I would tell them to start them on 10mg of 5MTHF I bet it would help these girls. Read Misizzy's thread and then watch the long video that she suggested to learn more about it.

Lera, with all due respect, 5-MTHF is nothing but a vitamin supplement...and the Naturopathic Dr peddling it on his website. It's like anything prescribed to be taken...and should be prescribed only after proper testing and diagnosis. imo Supplements can be just as dangerous if in the wrong hands. (Her blood serum should have showed this deficiency to uptake---years ago, JMO)

I hope the NIH is able to shed some light on this. Conversion disorder typically affects young girls as opposed to boys. I read that two girls from another county who visited that town during he summer are now displaying symptoms. I swear if my child went to that school, I'd take her out until there were some real answers. Very scary.

I am sure someone has asked this..do we have any idea why it seems to only be
affecting girls? ^i^

My understanding is that one boy has also developed symptoms.

I am sure someone has asked this..do we have any idea why it seems to only be
affecting girls? ^i^

Hate to answer my own question..but I see that it obviously have been asked..if it's not psychological..then I'd think males would have to be
able to contract it (unless tampon, feminine hygiene related)..
This just feels like the Salem witch trials...^i^

Every time I see another blurb about this case, I can't help but think that the one girl - the one that has had seizures all her life - is genuine, but that the others are mimicking. One girl seems to keep repeating the same broad gestures with her arms ... it hardly looks involuntary. I keep thinking that if she would sit on her hands, it would stop.

Every time I see another blurb about this case, I can't help but think that the one girl - the one that has had seizures all her life - is genuine, but that the others are mimicking. One girl seems to keep repeating the same broad gestures with her arms ... it hardly looks involuntary. I keep thinking that if she would sit on her hands, it would stop.

I think that is usually the case with conversion disorder, there is one 'target case' that is legitimate, and the others are 'mimicking'-however it is not something they are doing on purpose, or are in control of.

I don't know how they prove conversion disorder, maybe by process of elimination?

I think that is usually the case with conversion disorder, there is one 'target case' that is legitimate, and the others are 'mimicking'-however it is not something they are doing on purpose, or are in control of.

I don't know how they prove conversion disorder, maybe by process of elimination?

I suspect that if the others - like the ones that are hitting themselves in the head with the phone - would sit on their hands when they feel the urge to repetitively move an arm in a broad gesture, they would eventually learn to sit still with control over their limbs again.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard
Back