Life Is Not Fair to Sex Offenders

Jeana (DP) said:
Well she's old enough to have a baby, but not mature enough to understand how her folks feel about it. I suspect one day her child will show her just what her folks are going through and she'll have a better understanding just how they feel.

she will never have a baby. her parents got her on birth control when she was 13, so they either knew she was having sex or just wanted to make sure of no 'accidents'. they did this because their little princess wasnt sleeping with the high school president, she had one night with the farm boy.

another guy who raped a 13 year old got 6 months probation and i dont think he has to register anywhere, and lives a block from the girl he raped. he has lawyer money. i guess that is justice in many peoples thinking.

Mathew said:
The major problem with "sex offender" laws and in particular sex offender registration is that a wide variety of behavior is painted with the same brush. I am unaware of any state that has a very comprehensive apporach to this problem. It is hard to get support for a law that may treat Joseph Duncan and the young women relieving her self behind a bush the same. The ACLU loves it when we go after the later with sex registration because it gives them an appealing case to debate the wisdom of sex registry. Our bushes are in greater danger than our children. We need clear catigories of sex registration with the effects of that regristration clearly explained. Those toward the Duncan types should never ever get released from some sort of confinement period. Urinating on a bush should never have been charged as a sex offense. The lines blur a bit with cases like the 15 year old girl and the 20 year old "boy". If it were my daughter I may want to beat him so bad that she would be 25 yrs old before he was in any condition to be interested in her. However that rarely works and some individualality must be applied. If, as it may be in the noted case, the couple are destine and she becomes of age the authorities need to have some flexability. In most states there would be some relief for a case like the one mentioned but the parties never seem to know how to go about it. We need to focus our attention on the Duncan types and develope very strong and restrictive laws.

I can agree with that.

Mira said:
she will never have a baby. her parents got her on birth control when she was 13, so they either knew she was having sex or just wanted to make sure of no 'accidents'. they did this because their little princess wasnt sleeping with the high school president, she had one night with the farm boy.

another guy who raped a 13 year old got 6 months probation and i dont think he has to register anywhere, and lives a block from the girl he raped. he has lawyer money. i guess that is justice in many peoples thinking.
Well Mira, I have a different opinion. I was the 13 year old girl sneaking out to date a boy in high school. Not only was he in high school, but he stayed back so he was older than his peers and was 4-5 years older than me. In my mind we had a lot in common and were only kissing and holding hands. My parents knew best. I started to come to my senses and realized that we had no business dating each other, so I intended to end it. We were watching a movie in my basement one night (I snuck him in - my parents forbid me to spend time with him) when I attempted to end it. He brutally raped me and now I wonder constantly what made me think his interest was okay. I was a foolish, immature school girl with a crush - he was almost a man who had no business with someone my age.

I am sorry about your horrible experience, masterj. I know how much damage emotionally that causes.

Mira said:
i think real sexual predators should be watched like mad dogs, have to wear ankle thingys, castrated, anything to keep them from harming another victim. however, not all of those labeled 'sex offenders' deserve a lifetime of punishment.

my cousin lonnie is labeled a 'sex offender'. about 7 years ago, when he was 20, his long time girlfriend's parents found out they were 'doing it' and went after him like a pack of wolves. she was about 6 weeks from 16.

he was charged with all kinds of heinous acts, even though the girlfriend told the law and her parents that he never 'raped' her, they had been going together for over a year, and planned to marry when she could marry without consent. she came from a fairly well off family, he was dirt poor, no way would her parents have consented. he spent 2 years in jail.

7 years later, they are married, but dont dare have children, because of this old mess. they live out here in the boonies, by choice, but if they wanted to live in town they would be tainted with this. he had a lot of trouble finding a decent job, eventually he started a small produce farm on rent-to-own land, and now they own it. she works at a nursing home. she has no contact with her family whatsoever.

yes, he was too old to be having a relationship with a 15 year old, but he didnt do her harm. now both of them live with this shadow.

it isnt just black and white.

My 20 yr old granddaughter's boyfriend was in the same position when he was around 20 yrs old. He went to a party and they were all drinking and drugging. He ended up having sex with a girl about 15 yrs who said she was older and looked older. She had snuck out of her bedroom window and when she went home her parents were waiting for her and she said that she had been raped so that the parents would focus on the rape instead of her sneaking out. She snuck out all of the time but hadn't gotten caught before that. When they went to trial the girl's best friend took the stand and said that it was not a rape but it didn't matter. He went to prison for a year. He has to register as a sex offender. I just wish that the notices that LE send out to the neighbors said "it wasn't a little child." I honestly wish my granddaughter would dump him because he is so darn immature and kind of a jerk but she won't. I've told her that if they end up getting married that she shouldn't have any children. The reason....because that stigma will follow them everywhere they go. There will be notices sent to every neighborhood they ever live in and eventually her children will be the ones to pay a high price. Neighbors won't want their children playing with theirs, the kids will be tormented in school because the other kids will find out...they always do. I don't want that for her children. My granddaughter would make a wonderful mother but not with him. All we can do is pray that the relationship will somehow come to an end. She wasn't with him at the time of the trouble but this is not what I want for my most precious first granddaughter.

My almost 18 yr old granddaughter is in a relationship with a guy that is 23 yrs and I have no problem with that. She met him when she was 14 yrs and I had to tell him to back of unless he liked the idea of spending a few years in prison. He backed off. She is older now and he is a respectful young man who leads a clean life. She is more mature in a lot of ways because of things that she has been through during her lifetime...some of you know...she also is very strong willed and can be very controlling and he knows just how to handle her where a younger guy might let her walk all over him. She took him to meet all of her aunts and uncles and they approved and really liked him. Totally different then my oldest granddaughter's relationship.

kidzndogznme said:
I am sorry to say this but if I were that girl's parents, I would have given him the bum's rush to jail as well. 15 is way too young to be making decisions about who one wants to marry and a grown man had no business messing around with someone that young. That is why teens that young are referred to as jail bait. If one doesn't put oneself in that situation to begin with, there will be no temptation to break the law. It is nice that things are working out for them now but putting myself in the shoes of her parents, there is no way in hell I would be able to deal with that. Just MHO.

My first boyfriend was 20 and I was 15. I am now 51 and I can say that I knew what I was doing. My parents tried to stop me from seeing him, but I snuck away to meet him. They finally relented and let me see him. Of course, I would have had a fit if any of my daughters had a boyfriend that old or at all at age 15.

JBean said:
I have a friend who's absolutely darling daughter went off to college. Bright, ambitious and 18.

She had too much to drink one night and went behind a bush to pee. She was stopped by the police and now has to register as a sex offender.

I will agree she should not have been drinking nor should she have pee'd behind a bush, both punishable offenses. But to register as a sex offender? It does make me wonder who else is on that list.
Shame, real shame.

make no mistake i am all for punishing sex offenders, i am just not really sure who they are.

Oops! I glad no one caught me the one time I couldn't find a bathroon and used a bush. Wasn't drinking and it wasn't night time......daylight.
I didn't know behind a bush was against the law.

JBean said:
I have a friend who's absolutely darling daughter went off to college. Bright, ambitious and 18.

She had too much to drink one night and went behind a bush to pee. She was stopped by the police and now has to register as a sex offender.

I will agree she should not have been drinking nor should she have pee'd behind a bush, both punishable offenses. But to register as a sex offender? It does make me wonder who else is on that list.
Shame, real shame.

make no mistake i am all for punishing sex offenders, i am just not really sure who they are.
thats just crazy- cant she get a pardon?
how did it make her a sex offender if noone saw her
such a child?
to me that seems like something to take to the higer courts-thats just wrong
I peed outside often when growing up-I mean thats what u do when u have to pee and u are not near a bathroom- or if u are drunk and silly and there is a bush near.

I cant grasp this one to be honest..I cant grasp anyone having to register as a sex offender for that..how many times on a long journey do men stop and pee..or because they can conceal it better they can pee almost anywhere and do when drinking I am sure..

Thats nutty..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back