List of Electronic Devices Containing and/or Supected to Contain *advertiser censored*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys....... sorry I know you are frustrated. Letter writing campaigns are not allowed on WS. Please no don't continue this line of conversation.

Think about this...... don't you think maybe if they found enough CP that it has gone FEDERAL? Especially if the CP was found to include multiple people? I think it is a real possibility. We cannot use WS to demand what won't be given because of an ongoing investigation.

I am glad you mentioned the federal investigation thing,

I question if it did go federal of course, but didnt Howard county release stuff to the media under the FOIA? If the case was federal and under Federal investigation then I question if they would have released the information about what was found at all . Since they had denied attempts by the media before and then suddenly released it I question if it is under federal investiation. MOO and if anyone can help with information on federal releases of information that would be great.

I know there are different rules for state and federal releases I am just not sure Howard County would be able to released federal information, as it wouldnt be their investigation.

Soul they released some affidavits. But all that testing had to be done. And of course it takes time with other cases not involving this one, also having a place in Que.

I don't know, I'm as frustrated as the rest of you. But if more than a few oooops (I clicked on the wrong link) type child *advertiser censored* pics were found, I would say the Feds got involved to possibly follow a trail. And the Feds are much slower.

As far as Hailey I think it is bumped up higher also. MO. Gosh I really wish I knew more to give me more patience. But, I think like most of what has happened in this case one day we will wake up and something is going to hit.

everybody...
nobody...
apparently.

So this is one of my hangups... NO ONE noticed a thing wrong here?? No one??? Or no one knew to do anything? or maybe what to do, but didn't? But people in these positions are mandated reporters. I just can't buy that no one thought a thing about this situation, until Hailey went missing.

Did any of the MR's report ANYTHING prior to her missing? Obviously someone was on it shortly after, when DD was removed. (?)

Oriah,

I havent seen where there was anything to report before Hailey went missing. I havent heard of anything that should have been reported other then DD's tap out thing, which was reported.As were the death threats.

I am unaware of anyone who was a MR having any knowledge of anything worthy of reporting.
I suspect I may be missing a bigger point you may be trying to make. If so I need a vowel.:crazy:

Oriah,

I havent seen where there was anything to report before Hailey went missing. I havent heard of anything that should have been reported other then DD's tap out thing, which was reported.As were the death threats.

I am unaware of anyone who was a MR having any knowledge of anything worthy of reporting.
I suspect I may be missing a bigger point you may be trying to make. If so I need a vowel.:crazy:

Perhaps no one was aware.

But my point in revisiting the thought was because it seems like a lot of people in Colorado City either:

A- thought Hailey was a runaway (and didn't worry too much about it)
B- did NOT think she was a runaway (and knew to worry why they thought that.)

There's got to be a MR or two in there who noticed she was either a potential runaway or a potential victim of a crime.

Or maybe I'm just wishing there had been. :(

There was a picture of Hailey with one of her counselors at school. I recall she loved this person and was said to be close to her? I am going to assume that Hailey was familiar with CPS protocols and mandatory reporting. I say this because of the two occasions we know of; DD's Tatoo and CD's brother/drugs. Billie said Hailey was questioned in both. I would imagine she was schooled on her answers in advance.

My point is, Hailey would know that if she said certain things she could be removed from the home and adults could be in trouble. If she told her counselor at school any of her concerns about Shawn, drugs in the home, etc. I wonder if we would even be here talking today?

There was a picture of Hailey with one of her counselors at school. I recall she loved this person and was said to be close to her? I am going to assume that Hailey was familiar with CPS protocols and mandatory reporting. I say this because of the two occasions we know of; DD's Tatoo and CD's brother/drugs. Billie said Hailey was questioned in both. I would imagine she was schooled on her answers in advance.

My point is, Hailey would know that if she said certain things she could be removed from the home and adults could be in trouble. If she told her counselor at school any of her concerns about Shawn, drugs in the home, etc. I wonder if we would even be here talking today?

That was kind of my point as well, Knox. Except in addition to that- what if she told someone (who was a mandated reporter) about a situation at home that she was uncomfortable with, and they didn't report it because it had something to do with them as well?

The electronic devices might be a component there. There are specific laws against children viewing certain types of *advertiser censored*.
I wonder if any of the information found on the devices that were seized involved anyone who might also be a mandated reporter.

Sorry, that was kind of a scattered way of trying to explain my thoughts!

I see what you saying Oriah. Yes, it is possible.

Trying to recall a statement PK made early in the case. Something about increasing awareness in the schools, keeping an eye on children who may be at risk. Do you recall reading that news story?

I see what you saying Oriah. Yes, it is possible.

Trying to recall a statement PK made early in the case. Something about increasing awareness in the schools, keeping an eye on children who may be at risk. Do you recall reading that news story?

I do recall that news story- and now I'm going off to try and dig it up again.

I was coming here to say that somewhere in all this,IMHO there was a big FAIL on Hailey's behalf. There were family members who mentioned that Hailey was possibly uncomfortable with the home situation....but did they report? Not that I know of- WHY? Afraid of calling attention to themselves?
Was anyone outside of family aware? Well one parent supposedly had doubts about their own child staying at Hailey's, due to ahh, lack of supervision?? Did they report their concerns??
Then you have other professionals in the community that she may have interacted with...did they have any concerns? If so, did they not alert the proper authority to investigate?

Did this poor child fall through a crack?

Here you go Oriah-
snipped-

Kampfer said that he wants to work with school counselors and others to better track children in "dysfunctional situations" to help prevent such a scenario from happening again.

"It's about churches being involved, schools, the police department," he said.

from -http://www.mywesttexas.com/top_stories/article_866f96aa-2c33-11e0-a0c4-001cc4c03286.html

Here you go Oriah-
snipped-

Kampfer said that he wants to work with school counselors and others to better track children in "dysfunctional situations" to help prevent such a scenario from happening again.

from -http://www.mywesttexas.com/top_stories/article_866f96aa-2c33-11e0-a0c4-001cc4c03286.html

Well, now- thank you Sre. ;)

I was coming here to say that somewhere in all this,IMHO there was a big FAIL on Hailey's behalf. There were family members who mentioned that Hailey was possibly uncomfortable with the home situation....but did they report? Not that I know of- WHY? Afraid of calling attention to themselves?
Was anyone outside of family aware? Well one parent supposedly had doubts about their own child staying at Hailey's, due to ahh, lack of supervision?? Did they report their concerns??
Then you have other professionals in the community that she may have interacted with...did they have any concerns? If so, did they not alert the proper authority to investigate?

Did this poor child fall through a crack?

Sre, thank you- that's my biggest issue right now (besides Hailey not being found). FAIL doesn't even come close, you know?? How is it that after Hailey went missing, a lot of people in the community noticed something was wrong that perhaps they should have done something about....but not before?

That 'crack'- I feel like it's more of a crevasse. :banghead:

And this is O/T but jeez people- pay attention to your children. Pay attention to your neighbors children. Pay attention to the children you see that might seem uncomfortable, or seem like they have something to say- but aren't saying anything. And if you feel a little worried or uncomfortable about the way a child is being treated, or concerned about how one is behaving because it seems out of character - call LE and say "Child so-and-so does not seem ok to me."

Ok- sorry mods- off rant now. Will behave- I promise.

Here you go Oriah-
snipped-

This statement from PK, written so early in the case (January 29th), is what made me feel Hailey's home life was a mess. Was it a coincidence that PK mentioned "school counselors" within the frame of reference "helping children"?

I may be reading too much into the story quotes, but to me it said LE thought Hailey's situation should have been looked into long before she disappeared.

I was just sitting and thinking- okay how to put this...seems like law enforcement was familiar with many in Hailey's life...even threats on peoples lives...did they even refer that the minors in the household get welfare checks, or however they handle stuff in Texas? Seems like after a call or 2 , someone would want to know children are okay...
Gah, you know what I mean and can't ask right. Or was there just a bunch of shoulder shrugging.

Here you go Oriah-
snipped-

Great link .Other interesting tidbits from the article.

Shortly after the disappearance of Colorado City girl Hailey Dunn, City Manager Pete Kampfer remembers talking with a visibly fatigued chief of police about a case that "just would not quit

And
But sustaining the effort will take considerable work, especially as help from other law enforcement agencies drops off

Then
"Every time the phone rang, we would think, 'This is going to be the phone call we need,' " he said. "'This is going to be the information that helps us, one way or the other

http://www.mywesttexas.com/top_stories/article_866f96aa-2c33-11e0-a0c4-001cc4c03286.html

This was on Jan 29th. I do not believe the teachers or churches had any idea anything was amiss in the house and I also do not think Hasiley knew about the *advertiser censored*. The locations report on where the *advertiser censored* was found (The 4th right hand drawer seems like it was hidden in something uninteresting and behind the DVDS) also clues me in that it wasnt just left about.MOO

Respectfully asking here soul, because I want to make sure I understand what you believe. You believe that none of the adults in Hailey's life had any idea that something might be amiss with Hailey, or her situation at home? And you believe that she was not aware of, could ever have stumbled across, or possibly saw other people in her household- viewing *advertiser censored*?

We don't really know when the flash drives (or any electronic devices for that matter) were placed where they were seized from, do we? I mean- we're not sure when Hailey actually went missing... and there was some time for items to be moved around before they were seized.

Just thinking out loud here, but if I knew I'd be getting a visit from LE- and I had something out in view that I would be sort of embarrassed by- I'd stick it in my underwear drawer or something. It would seem like a good idea at the time, you know? But that wouldn't mean that ten minutes earlier it hadn't been laying on the coffee table.

Idk. Just a thought that there may have been a bit of a frantic rearranging of electronic devices.

Perhaps no one was aware.

But my point in revisiting the thought was because it seems like a lot of people in Colorado City either:

A- thought Hailey was a runaway (and didn't worry too much about it)
B- did NOT think she was a runaway (and knew to worry why they thought that.)

There's got to be a MR or two in there who noticed she was either a potential runaway or a potential victim of a crime.

Or maybe I'm just wishing there had been. :(

Being from a small town, and having "run ins" with LE from both parents, I'm sure LE had an idea what the kid's life were like...maybe just not how bad? However, since SA made threats on someone's life, I might have tried to do a little background check and google. If LE saw his videos how might they have construed them? LE knew of this bunch...how much? imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname