List - What didn't the jury hear?

I don't think it would have mattered. Alternate juror #14 stated that pretty much that JB's opening statment was what made him think she was not guilty.

And yet the Judge specifically instructed jurors that none of what the lawyers say in opening statements is evidence. Ugh. I am just so disgusted with this jury.

I don't think they heard the names and contents of the movies she and TL rented at blockbuster on June 16.

Nothing would have mattered. They wanted very badly to buy into the DT opening statements because they didn't want to imagine a young pretty white female murdering her daughter.

That jury would have believed whatever bunk the DT would have thrown out to rebut the stuff that never came in. They didn't want to step outside that cocoon that says the world is a safe place and mommies are good.

They didn't even look at the evidence. They didn't want to know the truth.

The jury consisted of the leftovers. Anyone with a job, responsibilities, concern enough about their community to have heard about the case, those with logic and ability to be honest with themselves about the circumstances and honest enough to tell the judge they couldn't be biased were tossed.

I am not saying the jurors were bad people. I am saying they were exactly what Baez and Mason knew they were.

State misjudged their audience. Defense knew exactly who they were and exactly what to say.

I really don't think they were duped. Even if the state had more information, they still would not have listened. The jurors did not listen to anything beyond opening statements.

Why they thought that what the attorney's said was evidence, I will never know.

IMO they were duped by SO MUCH info that was disallowed.

We are all shocked because we have been following this for 3 years. We know what all is in discovery.

These jurors don't know a tenth of what evidence is out there.

I was just listening to alternate juror #14 on Greta. About every few words he says, his voice cuts out. Maybe that's the way the jurors heard the evidence - every few words were missing.

The $200,000 she made off selling pictures/videos

I think that is what truly disgusts me the most...the fact she was making money like that after an "accident" while having an army of LE and volunteers searching for her "alive" daughter...while she and her team knew exactly where her body was the entire time...it does not get any clearer

Nothing would have mattered. They wanted very badly to buy into the DT opening statements because they didn't want to imagine a young pretty white female murdering her daughter.

That jury would have believed whatever bunk the DT would have thrown out to rebut the stuff that never came in. They didn't want to step outside that cocoon that says the world is a safe place and mommies are good.

The jury consisted of the leftovers. Anyone with a job, responsibilities, concern enough about their community to have heard about the case, those with logic and ability to be honest with themselves about the circumstances and honest enough to tell the judge they couldn't be biased were tossed.

I am not saying the jurors were bad people. I am saying they were exactly what Baez and Mason knew they were.

State misjudged their audience. Defense knew exactly who they were and exactly what to say.

With all due respect the Pro's helped to choose this jury didn't they? IIRC both sides had concerns about a couple of them for different reasons.

In my State I know that the lawyer's can interview the jury after the case to find out why they voted like they did. Is Fla. the same way?

I don't think it would have mattered. Alternate juror #14 stated that pretty much that JB's opening statment was what made him think she was not guilty.

I believe I heard him say it was 'not' evidence

The physical and verbal fight she and CA got into the night before she killed Caylee.

I think this was the motive.
To spite and hurt CA.

After CA's proven perjury it is very obvious, IMO, that Cindy was lying about what a beautiful evening that was.

Oh yeah! That's a good one.

Her reaction to the "bones" found at the park and then the reaction to the remains being found on Suburban.

The jury could see the difference.

I think this is very important. Yeah, it could have made a difference. If they were listening. : (

Which that, in itself, is a a travesty of justice! Not to bash ANY of the jurors or alts, but if they aren't intelligent enough to reach a verdict on the FACTS, not the OPENING STATEMENT, which isn't a FACT, then perhaps they shouldn't be allowed to serve on a jury? :banghead:

What information, if any, that was not admissible in court or was not presented to the jurors do you think would have swayed their decision?

What do/did we know that they didn't - ?????

Let's list it all here so they can read this and have an OMG moment like we did yesterday......

Hey all you WS ers. I just checked my little "last logged in" message and the last time that I logged in on here was exactly a year ago on July 6, 2010. So much has happened since then. I must say that I am so shocked still and distressed over the verdict. I woke up this morning and the first thing I thought was that I will not mention this to my 12 year old son. He's away at camp and does not know the verdict. We have been following the case since the very beginning since poor Caylee was missing and even watched the trial together and the poor child had to witness his mom act like a crazy lady and scream and yell at the screen. He thinks that Casey was not guilty b/c he did not understand how "they know it's her" b/c according to him there was no proof. But, we adults know better. I just cannot bring myself to tell my son that if you lie, hide evidence, let you child go missing for 31 days, party after your child goes missing, drive around with the body in the car, steal from your friends, etc, etc, then you still be a free citizen allowed to roam the earth and as Mark Klass so well put it last night on Nancy Grace "continue to victimize".

For me I cannot understand how the jury was not bothered with the lack of sympathy from Casey and the 31 days non reporting. All they had to ask themselves was would they not report their own child or grandchild for 31 days.

I was always irritated by the prosecution's motive theory. I never understood why they did not bring up the fact that this idea was planted in her mind when Cindy forbade Casey to go on that trip with her buddies and she was stuck in Florida watching Caylee. I really believe in my heart that is when she started to plot to kill her.

The last thing that I wanted to ask the jury is THE DUCTAPE!! How do you wrap that around your own head??????? I cannot wrap it around my head on how they let her walk.

Cindy Myspace entry and partial email recovered from the computer.
And they didn't know about "everyone lies, everyone dies," did they?
BBM Wasn't that from ICA's MySpace photos? They were entered into evidence, but the jury never bothered to look at them. I really thought they would. I think they were very telling.
Wish they could have read the IMs between ICA and that police officer--can't remember his name.

BBM Wasn't that from ICA's MySpace photos? They were entered into evidence, but the jury never bothered to look at them. I really thought they would. I think they were very telling.
Wish they could have read the IMs between ICA and that police officer--can't remember his name.

I don't remember all her myspace pictures being entered into evidence, but maybe I missed it... IMO those images of skulls, cartoons of little girls with hearts, teddy bears, and poems about death were HUGE! I also wish the state would have been allowed to show the real motive, which IMO was the tension and resentment that Casey had for her mother. She said it herself to Lee on July 16th that she's a "spiteful b*tch", and Cindy's mother said it in one of her emails how Casey hated Cindy more than she loved Caylee. THAT is motive!

The diary that was dated '03 but was determined wasn't sold until 2004.

I know this is prejudicial and not directly related to the murder of Caylee, but if they would have gone back and told of her stealing (all of it including the routing numbers from grandparents acct following Cindy cutting her off from BofA) and patterns of lies.

Then done real research to figure out who was watching Caylee during the times when no one can account for her, when many of feel she was using xanax pre chloroform and then included the testimony of the other inmates.

I saw a guy and I am now unsure on what program say that the prosecution should have admited from the get go that this was a highly dysfucntional family versus trying to say that they were loving and act like they were normal.

The only thing they were sure of is that the family was a mess, mess, mess if the pros had dealth with this head on, maybe the outcome would have been different.

But think how hard it must have been for the most critical testimony to be coming from those who love and support ICA?

Sadly, the house should have been treated like a crime scene on 7-16-08 not December 11 08..... who knows there might have been more evidence than what remained in december. Maybe whatever went on in the back yard would have been more evident - we will never know and some things hinge on our rights as americans to be free from un merited searches, or to be treated like a criminal when we are not quite sure if a crime has been commited? We will never know.

I do feel she will not be warmly received, as many comparisons to OJ as we have had the last day, her celebrity only began because of the death of Caylee and she has no money, so even if she gets one book deal or one movie deal - it is not a lifetime of money to ride her to the end of her days - she will suffer and at some point meet the real judge to all of this life

Kathy

George's very candid FBI taped interview where he is clearly struggling

She was jealous of Caylee, they didn't hear about that much

Tony not wanting kids or only a boy. Tony didn't think his apartment was a good environment for Caylee.

The fight

The stealing

They did hear enough, IMHO, to convict. At the end of the prosecutions case, I was a little concerned that they didn't prove it. However, I made of list of what they did prove.

Dead body in car - clearly proven
Casey buying time
Body found dumped

For me, these three things alone leaves me with no reasonable doubt.

<snip>

They didn't want to step outside that cocoon that says the world is a safe place and mommies are good.

<snip>

:furious: You hit the nail on the head.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back