long weekend break: discuss the latest here #102

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion and even though I respect yours.......here is mine. This is a victim who was senselessly and brutally murdered viscously by a cold blooded psychopath. A psychopath that has taken the stand in her defense giving the jury and the public a chance to see how they truly act. That within itself makes this case far different than most.

I don't dismiss horrible murders like Travis was subjected to just because another defendant may have done something just as horrific or in a different manner. It certainly does not make Travis less worthy of justice nor does it make Jodi Arias less worthy of death. This is no way is a standard domestic violence case. Even those who have lost their lives from DV homicides,,, both men and women... rarely are murdered three different ways like Travis suffered.

Well I do fear psychopaths. We have seen how cold, unfeeling, remorseless she is and what she is capable of doing to an innocent victim who never harmed anyone. Society doesn't need Arias in it and while you wouldn't worry in the slightest if she roamed around imo the majority of the public would and rightly so.

In fact if this had been a female victim that suffered such horror most would want the death penalty for the male defendant due to the heinousness of the crime.

It gives me satisfaction and hope because the majority of posters I have seen in this case all across the net are not making one bit of difference in wanting justice for Travis because he is a male victim and thinks the DP is appropriate for the female defendant. That shows me we are finally taking abuse and DV homicides seriously that are done by a female against a male victim.

But IMO no one is going to have to worry about this creepy getting out anyway.

IMO

BBM If the gender roles were reversed and a male victim killed Jodi Arias in the identical crime, we'd be seeing Alyce LaViolette testifying for the State. Same case, same circumstances, she'd take the position of Jodi being the "battered". I can't stand her sight unseen.

The LIES !

I've been thinking about why this case is so captivating when, boiled down to its essence, it really is a routine case of domestic homicide. Here is what I have come up with:
Both victim and perpetrator were very attractive, people always take more interest when this is the case.
The brutality, especially at the hands of a woman.
It's a DP trial.
Jodi's media tour from jail didn't hurt either.
The photos, the sex photos, the shower photos, the accidental photos, when has there ever been a case of a victim's last minutes alive, with their murderer, preserved on film?
Finally, and this may seem out of left field, the travel aspect has something to do with it. Someone flipping out and driving 15 minutes to a have a showdown with their ex isn't really headline news. But to make this long distance trip, one so meticulously planned, it's so diabolical.

I'd be interested to hear ant additions other WS'ers may have to. This list.

What "hooked" me in to this trial really was seeing he 48 Hrs. interview of Jodi herself. At that time Iknew virtually nothing about Travis but I watched her strange glib demeanor telling Maureen Maher such obviously crafted lies with such ease and almost delight...I thought "what IS this monster?" (and I've seen monsters). I rewound my dvr, went to the beginning and watched it all over again as it was blowing my mind.

I saved it and would occasionally watch this show (also knowing it occured in my backyard basically) at times over the years until it went to trial. Of course since then I've gotten to "know" Travis, attended the trial, gotten to know his family and it's gotten much deeper. But the "freak of nature" aspect of Jodi Arias is what sucked me in. In some ways she's very ordinary and in others the most evil thing I've ever seen.

I've said before that I didn't follow this case too much before the trial actually started. I thought Jodi was guilty but still didn't have really strong feelings about it. It wasn't until she got on the stand and I saw the real her that I came to see her as a dangerous, murderous psychopath. Which is one of the reasons I'm not too concerned about the verdict.

ITA about the two sides of Jodi, if I can call it that. I think there's still a lot hidden that we don't, perhaps can't see. That's probably the source of a lot of our fascination.

The thing with JA's mother is this.. she dropped off the rental car in the early morning hours of the day JA was arrested. This is the car that the 9mm was hidden in the engine of and during the time that JA was under surveillance. Who hid the 9mm in the engine?

And also, she was visiting with JA late the night before she dropped that car off.

"...a successful Mormon businessman from Mesa..."

I'm tired of seeing this. It was a pyramid scheme, a multilevel marketing scam.

It's a little like titling Jodi Arias as a photographer.

I've seen this comment a few times over the weeks. I'm just curious to know how this has been confirmed.

BBM If the gender roles were reversed and a male victim killed Jodi Arias in the identical crime, we'd be seeing Alyce LaViolette testifying for the State. Same case, same circumstances, she'd take the position of Jodi being the "battered". I can't stand her sight unseen.

I read an article she'd written, and I noticed that she does admit that women can be perpetrators of DV but she downplays it. I'm still somewhat hopeful that she will be honest on the stand if JM confronts her with evidence of the reality of the relationship between Travis and Jodi, as opposed to the cherry-picked evidence the defense has given her. It's not much of a hope, but it's something. She doesn't seem to be the hack that Samuels was. But she's got a definite bias, that's for sure.

:seeya:Folks: why is my snark meter going off on a sunday? Please address the post and not the postER.. Thanks so much:seeya:

:werk:
:tos:
:nurse:

Jodi Arias isn't even slightly the worst criminal who's walked the face of the earth. Not even close. If she were to be out of prison tomorrow, I wouldn't worry myself about her in the slightest. jm

I take it you're not a male.

For you folks that are not that familiar with handguns and the different calibers/bullet size etc. I recommend this site www.genitron.com. It should give give you all the info that you need to identify the handgun calbers. Pay special attention to the muzzle velocity and the energy per foot lbs generated by each.
The video posted by Mykeru shows the shock wave generated as the bullet passes through the testing material. Ballistic gel is used to represent body tissue as close as possible. You can clearly see the path of the bullet and the "shock" value to the tissue here. IMO the 25 cal could have created enough shock to seriously stun Travis. For how long I don't know. Also compare the 25 Cal with the 9MM Parabellum and you will see a much larger and hence more powerful cartridge. I have owned a 25 Cal pistol and a 9MM pistol among others. I would in no way trust that 25 Cal for home protection or self defense. Hope this info will help some of you who need clarification concerning ht gun issues.

I've seen this comment a few times over the weeks. I'm just curious to know how this has been confirmed.

Not that this is in any way confirmation but I've always found all these "events," and "training sessions'" that PPL had odd. It's not something normal companies do, at least not with that frequency. Generally, when you see a company working that hard to hype their own employes up about the "selling" the product, you have to wonder about the product itself.

What "hooked" me in to this trial really was seeing he 48 Hrs. interview of Jodi herself. At that time Iknew virtually nothing about Travis but I watched her strange glib demeanor telling Maureen Maher such obviously crafted lies with such ease and almost delight...I thought "what IS this monster?" (and I've seen monsters). I rewound my dvr, went to the beginning and watched it all over again as it was blowing my mind.

I saved it and would occasionally watch this show (also knowing it occured in my backyard basically) at times over the years until it went to trial. Of course since then I've gotten to "know" Travis, attended the trial, gotten to know his family and it's gotten much deeper. But the "freak of nature" aspect of Jodi Arias is what sucked me in. In some ways she's very ordinary and in others the most evil thing I've ever seen.

Same here! I've been following since that interview. I told my husband THEN, "I have NEVER seen anything like her!" and I've tried to keep up with it via the internet since 2008.

I didn't start watching the trial live until she started testifying. It was sickening and horrifying watching her demonize TA in front of his family as part of some psychotic power play. She is beyond evil. There's not even a word for it.

I have always wanted to write about true crime. I read "Helter Skelter" when I was very young and was fascinated, not by Manson, but by Vince Bugliosi. Juan Martinez reminds me of him. A man with a passion for justice. This case has convinced me that, if I ever DO get the chance to pursue my dream, I will write from the victim's perspective. I hope someone will do that in this case. TA deserves a legacy beyond that courtroom and apart from JA. So does his family. God bless them! :twocents:

Newbie here! So glad I found this site! I've been a trial watcher since the old Court TV days. Our family lost a loved one ...Jessica Cain went missing on the Gulf Freeway near Galveston in 1997...and and we're still looking for any info. Thanks for being here guys! You do a great job and now I feel I have a place to come and be among friends who understand. BTW...re: the Arias trial...I have PTSD as a result of a horrible car accident and I can tell you that I remember EVERY second of it.

Just an observation I made while rewatching JM cross examine JA. She comes across so horribly. A lot of people think she is being smug, cocky, or unemotional. Does anyone think that when she's being 'smug', she's trying to smile and seem nice but just can't get there, and when she's being cocky, she's trying to convey a poor little me i suffer from low self esteem, and when she's unemotional she's trying to look reflective. I can't imagine her DT doesn't tell her how to appear to gain sympathy or favor, but she can't convey her emotions without looking like an undesirable person. I think JM brings that out in her because she isn't being coddled by him.

I read an article she'd written, and I noticed that she does admit that women can be perpetrators of DV but she downplays it. I'm still somewhat hopeful that she will be honest on the stand if JM confronts her with evidence of the reality of the relationship between Travis and Jodi, as opposed to the cherry-picked evidence the defense has given her. It's not much of a hope, but it's something. She doesn't seem to be the hack that Samuels was. But she's got a definite bias, that's for sure.

Prepare yourself for the worst! They would not be putting her on the stand if she wasn't going to help the defendant.

I think we might see a very indignant and fiery Martinez on this cross. :rocker:

Despite detectives' original reservations that a woman who lived eight hours away in Denver could be responsible for these homicides, the victims' families had long suspected Mike's ex-wife, Dana Chandler. It became more feasible when they discovered that she had a 27-hour window where no one heard from her, and that she had bought two 5-gallon gas tanks the day before the murders. While we were researching, we made sure to check into alternative theories to ensure that no stone was left unturned. http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...ve-years-pursuing-the-harkness-sisco-murders/

Dana Chandler...murderer of Harkness/Sisco, she walked around the bed and shot Mike 3 more times--making it personal, after he was already down. Convicted of 2-1st degree premeditated murders....oh and did this woman stalk and seek revenge! '48 Hours' helped the family get this solved.

She's a chameleon and can morph like an actress?- that's what I find intriguing.

But the "freak of nature" aspect of Jodi Arias is what sucked me in. In some ways she's very ordinary and in others the most evil thing I've ever seen.

The thing with JA's mother is this.. she dropped off the rental car in the early morning hours of the day JA was arrested. This is the car that the 9mm was hidden in the engine of and during the time that JA was under surveillance. Who hid the 9mm in the engine?

And also, she was visiting with JA late the night before she dropped that car off.

Jodi must have been planning to run somewhere she knew she would have to go through a checkpoint where she would need to conceal the 9mm. Canadian border? Mexican border?

I'm really wondering if JM will take a tack with her where he starts asking her questions about Jodi's behavior and line it up to an abuser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500