Looking for podcast recommendations

I would heartily recommend FBI Retired Case File Review hosted by Jerri Williams who is a retired FBI Special Agent. She is a super host, intelligent, asks great questions, does not interrupt her guests unless for a very valid question or comment, and is able, through her contacts, to invite and interview some of the most interesting, brave, and fascinating retired agents to discuss their most significant solved cases. They cover crime and cases from all areas in the domestic and international criminal world, and offer mesmerising insight into how the FBI works, and also how devoted, loyal and frankly courageous their agents and whole FBI family are.
The Polly Klaas episodes stand out for me, as do the latest two episodes on white collar crime and the ups and downs of using Cooperating Witnesses.
Just go to jerriwilliams.com or you can listen to the podcast on Stitcher, and other outlets.
Thank you and I hope you enjoy her show as much as I do!

I have listened to five or six so far. Some are better than others, depends on the case and the agent. One knock is the sound audio is terrible. This should be an easy fix, not sure why it continues. And Jerri can sometimes bother me. But still, good info, educates you, which is what I want.

I personally LOVE "Who Killed Amy Mihaljevic"! <3 may be the case, could be the fact that I love James Renner, but the Podcast is very well done! Sound quality, everything! A+++

A standard of course is sword and scale. It's kind of gone Haywire in the last few months, but the original ones are great.

I'm glad I have this opportunity to do a shout-out, to who I cannot remember on which thread that recommended it about a month ago, but it is a podcast called *ear hustle*. It is a podcast from San Quentin prison about prison life. Excellent. If you start from the beginning, you will definitely binge listen to this one.

I listen to these on * Google podcasts* app.

Thanks for the 'Ear Hustle' recommendation! I enjoy ALL true crime *says everyone who is secretly wondering when their search history will be analyzed by FBI agents even though they've never done anything wrong* *<--HA HA* but having worked in the system, I love hearing the stories of 'where are they now-duh prison'! So if you know of any more like that, please do share!

~*MMcG*~

I have listened to five or six so far. Some are better than others, depends on the case and the agent. One knock is the sound audio is terrible. This should be an easy fix, not sure why it continues. And Jerri can sometimes bother me. But still, good info, educates you, which is what I want.

I like Welcome to Casefile: True Crime Podcast These are well done, concise, informative, with a pleasant reader. The Aussie accent is quite lovely. There are no loud commercials that break up the podcast. The podcasts aren't filled with the same repeated information like some are. Nothing is unnecessarily sensationalized. There is a wide range of podcasts to choose from. The web page is easy to navigate.

I didn’t see CBC’s Someone Knows Something, Hell and Gone, Cold, or In the Dark listed. Also a big fan of Unfound.

What I like about CBC's Someone Knows Something is the complex level of investigative detail that is revealed during the season. David Ridgin talks to suspects, detectives, POI's, witnesses, and families to uncover new evidence in cold cases. He has a kind voice. The whole season is dedicated to a single case.

My favourite season was, Mississippi Cold Case, which led Mississippi state officials to re-open their investigation into the murder of two young men, Henry Hezekiah Dee and Charles Eddie Moore. The story is haunting. As a result, a Klansman, who doesn't deserve to be named, was recently handed three concurrent life sentences. David Ridgen and Mississippi Cold Case won many awards, including the top medal for investigative reporting.

Last edited:
I tend to like podcasts that focus on a single case over multiple episodes. Here are some of my favorites in that category that haven't been listed so far. I am including those that, IMO, feature interesting cases and good production

- S-Town - I wasn't sure I would like this after the first episode, but very glad I stuck with it, its a very interesting story and well-produced

- Ponzi Supernova - about the Bernie Madoff case

- Finding Cleo - this is by the CBC, really well-produced, about a young Canadian Cree girl who was adopted out of her family in the 1970's.; well-produced and researched, very interesting and sad story

- Transmissions from Jonestown - about the Jonestown masscre

- Heaven's Gate - about the 1997 mass suicide of the Heaven's Gate group

- Emma Fillipoff is Missing - a Canadian podcast featuring the unsolved disappearance of Emma Fillipoff in Vancouver BC

- The Dream - exploring multi-level-marketing companies

- Believed - about the case of Larry Nassar, Olympic gymnastic coach

- Sleuth - about the case of Rachel Buffett and Daniel Wozniak who murdered Sam Herr and Julie Kibushi; this is by an investigative reporter who has done an amazing job examining this case, and is one of my top five favorite podcasts

- Happy Face - by Melissa Moore, the daughter of serial killer Keith Hunter Jesperson

- Missing Alissa - exploring the disappearance of Alissa Turney

- Broken Harts - about the Hart family

- Gladiator - about the Aaron Hernandez case

- Faded Out - about the Johnny Gosch case, and now starting a new case;

- Uncover - from CBC - first season explores the self-help group NXIVM, second explores a bomb explosion on a plane in Canada in 1965

- Who the Hell is Hamish? - new Australian podcast, I like it so far

- Over My Dead Body - about the murder of Dan Markel

- Unforgotten - featuring the unsolved murder of Matthew Ryan Stewart in 2009

Last, I will add two more podcasts I really like but that feature more than one case-

- Who Killed Theresa? - this is by the brother of Theresa Allore and he explores unsolved murders in Quebec in the 1970's. Very detail-oriented and based on research.

- The Night-Time Podcast - a Canadian podcast that explores various cases

Last edited:
I tend to like podcasts that focus on a single case over multiple episodes. Here are some of my favorites in that category that haven't been listed so far. I am including those that, IMO, feature interesting cases and good production

- S-Town - I wasn't sure I would like this after the first episode, but very glad I stuck with it, its a very interesting story and well-produced

- Ponzi Supernova - about the Bernie Madoff case

- Finding Cleo - this is by the CBC, really well-produced, about a young Canadian Cree girl who was adopted out of her family in the 1970's.; well-produced and researched, very interesting and sad story

- Transmissions from Jonestown - about the Jonestown masscre

- Heaven's Gate - about the 1997 mass suicide of the Heaven's Gate group

- Emma Fillipoff is Missing - a Canadian podcast featuring the unsolved disappearance of Emma Fillipoff in Vancouver BC

- The Dream - exploring multi-level-marketing companies

- Believed - about the case of Larry Nassar, Olympic gymnastic coach

- Sleuth - about the case of Rachel Buffett and Daniel Wozniak who murdered Sam Herr and Julie Kibushi; this is by an investigative reporter who has done an amazing job examining this case, and is one of my top five favorite podcasts

- Happy Face - by Melissa Moore, the daughter of serial killer Keith Hunter Jesperson

- Missing Alissa - exploring the disappearance of Alissa Turney

- Broken Harts - about the Hart family

- Gladiator - about the Aaron Hernandez case

- Faded Out - about the Johnny Gosch case, and now starting a new case;

- Uncover - from CBC - first season explores the self-help group NXIVM, second explores a bomb explosion on a plane in Canada in 1965

- Who the Hell is Hamish? - new Australian podcast, I like it so far

- Over My Dead Body - about the murder of Dan Markel

- Unforgotten - featuring the unsolved murder of Matthew Ryan Stewart in 2009

Last, I will add two more podcasts I really like but that feature more than one case-

- Who Killed Theresa? - this is by the brother of Theresa Allore and he explores unsolved murders in Quebec in the 1970's. Very detail-oriented and based on research.

- The Night-Time Podcast - a Canadian podcast that explores various cases

Great list - thank you! i'm going to check out some of these.

I think we have similar tastes - I just discovered Over My Dead Body ! It's incredibly well done & very well researched. Finding Cleo was also excellent - heartbreaking but so so good.

Come Sail Away is a good one, too. Story of a woman who went sailing for a year with her husband & went missing. I also recently listed to Looking For Logan Tucker. Another heartbreaker about a missing child.

Great list - thank you! i'm going to check out some of these.

I think we have similar tastes - I just discovered Over My Dead Body ! It's incredibly well done & very well researched. Finding Cleo was also excellent - heartbreaking but so so good.

Come Sail Away is a good one, too. Story of a woman who went sailing for a year with her husband & went missing. I also recently listed to Looking For Logan Tucker. Another heartbreaker about a missing child.

I am glad to see someone else who has listened to Finding Cleo. That is a really good one, very informative and also sad.

I will check out the two you mentioned - I am always looking for new ones to listen to.

You will need to come back and let me know what you think if you get a chance to listen to any of those.

Four True Crime Podcasts You Need to Listen to in 2019

"Serial, the true crime podcast that first followed the case of Adnan Syed, turned the true crime genre on its head. Not only was the series wildly popular, forcing audiences to debate the merits of the state’s case and Syed’s guilt, but it completely changed the genre. Today there are hundreds of podcasters dedicated to bringing light to the world’s most notorious and sometimes long-forgotten crimes. From cold cases to prosecutorial misconduct, true crime podcasts run the gamut. So, which shows should you be listening to this year?..."

Four True Crime Podcasts You Need to Listen to in 2019

Listen: In the Dark

"Season Two continues March 19 with new episodes

Our second season spanned a year in Mississippi where we revealed misconduct, injustice and racial divide in the six trials of Curtis Flowers. The U.S. Supreme Court will now decide if the prosecutor racially discriminated in jury selection. In four new episodes, we'll go into the courtroom for oral arguments, report the decision and examine the effect of the ruling. Here's a preview:..."

In the Dark Podcast | APM Reports

I am glad to see someone else who has listened to Finding Cleo. That is a really good one, very informative and also sad.

I will check out the two you mentioned - I am always looking for new ones to listen to.

You will need to come back and let me know what you think if you get a chance to listen to any of those.
I just started Unforgotten and I am loving it!!!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keziah16
Back