Looking for podcast recommendations

Wow! I am impressed by the dedication of podcast listeners. I am a newbie at this, still have to be doing something else besides listening....but I do love the variety that is out there. I salute you all, websleuths.

I am truly loving the Podcast "COLD", regarding the disappearance/murder of Susan Powell. This is never ending. It has tentacles and nuances and is certainly my current obsession. There is so much information out there, it is endless. I don't know how I will ever be finished with it.

Wow! I am impressed by the dedication of podcast listeners. I am a newbie at this, still have to be doing something else besides listening....but I do love the variety that is out there. I salute you all, websleuths.

I listen in the dark in my bed to go to sleep for the night. I can’t do quiet.
Being near-sided, constantly adjusting my glasses and watching the room lightening tv is over. Yay!

I am currently working on re-producing a different way, the podcast I started with my friend. She left us... which... sucks as I was working on making the quality better for us so now... I am flying solo! lol What is posted up now is just my friend and I talking about cases etc. if you guys are interested, please listen to Crime Dolls Podcast.

:) I'm working on getting my hat back in the game in May, more than likely.

Hello! Thanks for recommending this. I just listened to the whole thing. Very well done, and the host has an easygoing voice and manner. So exciting to hear about new science being developed to ID the Unidentified...

You all might also enjoy Finding Cleo. You can find it on Canadian Broadcasting
Finding Cleo is exceptional. Heartbreaking story and so sad that these families were broken up.

The Vanished podcast with Marissa Jones.

I listen to several podcasts but always look forward to this one. The host is also very active on her FB discussion group and answers questions about the cases she covers.
I like the podcast as well. Very well done, her voice is pleasant and she engages with family members.

I do not like Podcasts where it seems like the host is reading their script very quickly or has a monotone voice. Do not like where every other word they use is the F-word. Not necessary if you want it to be professional and classy. Some sound like they get their information from Wikipedia, whereas others actually obtain court records and interview family members. I appreciate the hard, hard work it takes to put out a cast every week, that most are very consistent and take their commitment seriously. I don't mind some banter between hosts ie; True Crime All the Time and True Crime All the Time Unsolved. These guys are funny and during the storytelling, they stop and have some discussion, which I do like. There are many exceptional Podcasts out there, just depending on what type of true crime you like. My favorites are cold cases, disappearances and serial stories.

I am a teacher and currently going through a podcast unit in our contemporary literature class. It is insane how podcasting is actually investigative journalism in action.

My students are listening to Up and Vanished, Bear Brook, Heaven's Gate, and Last Scene. Everyday in class we listen to a different (CLEAN for school obviously) episode of Crime Junkie or Criminal. The students love some podcasts showcase a crime in one episode and how other dissect into MANY episodes. Keep in mind, these are seniors who hate reading so this is perfect.

If you have any recommendations of CLEAN true crime podcasts sort of like the ones listed above, please let me know.

A few clean podcasts I've found interesting is
-Crimeline
-Crime Junkie Podcast
-Criminology
-Generation Why
-Casefile
-True Crime All The Time
-True Crime All The Time Unsolved
All very good podcasts!!! I listen to podcasts all night at work, and these are great clean ones!

I am a teacher and currently going through a podcast unit in our contemporary literature class. It is insane how podcasting is actually investigative journalism in action.

My students are listening to Up and Vanished, Bear Brook, Heaven's Gate, and Last Scene. Everyday in class we listen to a different (CLEAN for school obviously) episode of Crime Junkie or Criminal. The students love some podcasts showcase a crime in one episode and how other dissect into MANY episodes. Keep in mind, these are seniors who hate reading so this is perfect.

If you have any recommendations of CLEAN true crime podcasts sort of like the ones listed above, please let me know.
Someone knows something is excellent! Very well done, David Ridgen is an investigative journalist as well as a film maker and has won awards. He is also going to be at crimecon this year. Season 3 was especially good.

Court Junkie and Casefile are my two favorite podcasts. I like no nonsense and no hamming it up. Does anybody know of any other podcasts similar that are not that heralded.
S Town by Serial was stellar. It got popular and I don't typically follow trends, but found it on accident. It’s not so much about actual murder as it is about dysfunctional crime and ongoings in a small town. At the least, it’s a time filler.

Last edited:
S Town by Serial was stellar. It got popular and I don't typically follow trends, but found it on accident. It’s not so much about actual murder as it is about dysfunctional crime and ongoings in a small town. At the least, it’s a time filler.
Yes this was a really good one. Couldn’t stop listening. I laughed, I cried- so good

There seem to be hundreds of t/c podcasts but still plenty of room for actual good ones. I was disappointed in Dateline's entry into the fray, 13 Alibis. Halfway through the first episode I had lost interest in the case and the central focus of it, the guy who had been convicted, entirely. Also, even tried and true ones which have scores of episodes under their belts run into trouble maintaining interest, inventiveness, quality. Difficult to do.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back