Lowell Correctional Institution - Questions

Where is KC being held, if not in prison ?? Or is she in prison ?? I am sorry, but I don't understand why she isn't in jail . I thought she was, in her own little corner or something.

She is in jail and has been since being endicted on October 14th 2008. She is being held in a protective custody unit at Orange County Jail. Ironically, Baez waived her right to a speedy trial the morning Caylee's remains were found.

If she's in Closed Management, there is no other contact with any other inmate at all....

Forgive me if you answered, but I don't think so.

What if KC is in a cell with one other - which I think is what it will be. I don't see her getting the death penalty and I don't see her in the "dorms".

My question is does she stay there 23 hours a day?

Forgive me if you answered, but I don't think so.

What if KC is in a cell with one other - which I think is what it will be. I don't see her getting the death penalty and I don't see her in the "dorms".

My question is does she stay there 23 hours a day?

If she gets LWOP and is put in genpop, she'll be able to roam about and start her new bella vita.

If she gets LWOP and is put in genpop, she'll be able to roam about and start her new bella vita.

Yes drip, but in Lowell, per their site, for "at risk" inmates, they are put in a secure two bed cell. That is what I am wondering. Are they allowed out in a separate area and for how long during the day? What do you think?

Yes drip, but in Lowell, per their site, for "at risk" inmates, they are put in a secure two bed cell. That is what I am wondering. Are they allowed out in a separate area and for how long during the day? What do you think?

I can only guess but if it's a whole seperate place, they roam there. OTOH, they may be dangerous to one another and be on a 23/1 schedule.
Just guessing.:waitasec:

I can only guess but if it's a whole seperate place, they roam there. OTOH, they may be dangerous to one another and be on a 23/1 schedule.
Just guessing.:waitasec:

Thanks Drip. Can't find the answer either and if anyone knows, please let me know. I am assuming they would be kept from general population, but i really want to know how many hours a day they will be in the cell.

She is in jail and has been since being endicted on October 14th 2008. She is being held in a protective custody unit at Orange County Jail. Ironically, Baez waived her right to a speedy trial the morning Caylee's remains were found.
Yep, you're right... and she also passes Orange County's "Jailhouse Milestone"...

The jail's longest serving inmate was booked in May of 2006, logging 1,752 days.

Anthony is expected to continue that run until at least the completion of her first degree murder trial, which is scheduled to begin May 9.

http://www.wesh.com/r/26876925/detail.html

IMO, things are going to be sooooo different for her when she gets to Lowell. Jail and PRISON are sooo different. She's going to be in for a shock!! :eek: :)

Yep, you're right... and she also passes Orange County's "Jailhouse Milestone"...

The jail's longest serving inmate was booked in May of 2006, logging 1,752 days.

Anthony is expected to continue that run until at least the completion of her first degree murder trial, which is scheduled to begin May 9.

http://www.wesh.com/r/26876925/detail.html

IMO, things are going to be sooooo different for her when she gets to Lowell. Jail and PRISON are sooo different. She's going to be in for a shock!! :eek: :)

I am shocked just looking at the virtual tour. This is going to be your house FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE. THE REST OF YOUR LIFE.

AND if she gets the death penalty, which I do not think she will (if it were Texas, I would say yes), then she is in her cell 23 hours a day. TWENTY - THREE HOURS A DAY. OMG! And they wake you at 5 to eat breakfast. So you have plenty of time for the rest of the day.

Awww, shucks...<kicking feet in the dirt>

Yes, overall she's a good kid, she made a mistake that she'll never make again, and she paid for it. I couldn't deny what she did, she was arrested in my yard, by an officer that I used to work with (talk about your OMG moment), as a matter of fact, I argued with him that it couldn't be her, till I opened the trunk of her car for him, at that point I just handed him my keys to her car and asked if I could hug her goodbye (he let me btw).

I never sent money other than her birthday and holidays, just because it went against everything I believed in, she understood (she didn't like it, but she understood), but she got something in the mail from me every day, a letter, a postcard, occasionally a book (those have to be sent from amazon). And I drove up once a month to visit her (and it's hike from where we live).

I supported the fact that she never tried to blame it on anyone else, or tried to say she had been framed...

She now works full time and goes to school part-time, and is doing really well.

Thanks for all the good wishes and support :)

Your Daughter sounds like an ANGEL. It's so refreshing to hear about someone who didn't lie and took responsibility for what they did.

If Casey gets sentenced to Life in Prison will she go to Lowell or will she go to some other state prison?

If Casey gets sentenced to Life in Prison will she go to Lowell or will she go to some other state prison?

As I understand it, she will go to Lowell. What I want to know, if anyone has any knowledge, if she gets LWOP, and if she is assigned to two person secured cell (for inmates who are at risk or otherwise) how long does she spend in her cell each day. Thanks again.

As I understand it, she will go to Lowell. What I want to know, if anyone has any knowledge, if she gets LWOP, and if she is assigned to two person secured cell (for inmates who are at risk or otherwise) how long does she spend in her cell each day. Thanks again.

It all depends. Upon arrival at the facility, she'll likely spend a period of time undergoing an evaluation, to determine where to place her and at what classification/level. It goes without saying, that baby killers aren't the most popular of inmates. It's possible that for a while, she'll be housed in a single cell, with limited time out alone for exercise/showers/etc. At some point, the prison would likely transition her into a less restrictive custody, and that would involve her more access to communication and interaction with other inmates. Within the system, inmates are required to "earn" privileges. And, for bad behavior, privileges are removed.

It all depends. Upon arrival at the facility, she'll likely spend a period of time undergoing an evaluation, to determine where to place her and at what classification/level. It goes without saying, that baby killers aren't the most popular of inmates. It's possible that for a while, she'll be housed in a single cell, with limited time out alone for exercise/showers/etc. At some point, the prison would likely transition her into a less restrictive custody, and that would involve her more access to communication and interaction with other inmates. Within the system, inmates are required to "earn" privileges. And, for bad behavior, privileges are removed.

I thought it would be something like that and thanks so much for your reply. Was looking at Susan Smith yesterday and the woman looks downright serene. A lot happier and better looking than when she went in. I don't know What can I say - humans adjust. Maybe some of these people want a very structured way of life - because Susan Smith, from her photo, looks just fine, actually happy.

I realize that Susan Smith is a different case. But KC is a sociopath and they seem to adjust. Although I have not heard a thing about Scott Peterson and how he is doing in prison.

I think Maya was in Lowell and she said the jail is a WHOLE lot better than prison and she would give up all visitation forever just to be in jail rather than prison.

Do prisons have to report inmate suicides?

Does Lowell have a suicide watch- type program?

I believe that if Casey is sentenced to either LWOP or Death, she will be a high risk for suicide based upon her psychopathy.
As I posted recently in another CA thread, sociopaths WILL choose suicide over incarceration if possible. I'd hate to see her cheat the legal justice system.

Maria

Great thread, it answered so many questions. One I was very curious about was if female inmates are as brutal as males when it comes to convicts who are child killers. It's good to know they are.

As for her current situation - is she handcuffed during lunch breaks & does she get the full leg & waist restraint during transport to & from the court house ? How much time is she allowed for primping before entering the court room @ 9am ? When she leaves the court room through that door, what happens to her ?

Great thread, it answered so many questions. One I was very curious about was if female inmates are as brutal as males when it comes to convicts who are child killers. It's good to know they are.

As for her current situation - is she handcuffed during lunch breaks & does she get the full leg & waist restraint during transport to & from the court house ? How much time is she allowed for primping before entering the court room @ 9am ? When she leaves the court room through that door, what happens to her ?

Casey is brought to the court house in full prison garb, with ankle shackles and handcuffs (they are mounted to a waist chain)
She will then go into a bathroom to change into trial clothing and get cuffed back up again until she gets to the courtroom door. The guard will unshackle her (Judge Strickland's orders - she must not go into the courtroom in restraints & prison clothing)
Once she walks out the door and the door is closed, she is put back into restraints and then taken back to change into prison clothing, restrained again and is put in a holding cell in the basement until they transport her back. Any time she's not in the court room, she's restrained and held in a holding cell.

One of the news sites had a full run down during the pre trial hearings. I think she gets sandwiches and fruit for lunch every day too... The prison sends a lunch with her.

Casey is brought to the court house in full prison garb, with ankle shackles and handcuffs (they are mounted to a waist chain)
She will then go into a bathroom to change into trial clothing and get cuffed back up again until she gets to the courtroom door. The guard will unshackle her (Judge Strickland's orders - she must not go into the courtroom in restraints & prison clothing)
Once she walks out the door and the door is closed, she is put back into restraints and then taken back to change into prison clothing, restrained again and is put in a holding cell in the basement until they transport her back. Any time she's not in the court room, she's restrained and held in a holding cell.

One of the news sites had a full run down during the pre trial hearings. I think she gets sandwiches and fruit for lunch every day too... The prison sends a lunch with her.

Wow, that answers all my questions about that ! Thank you so much.

One has to wonder if Lowell is cleaning up her cage yet???

And for those who have posted on another thread about how the Inmate will "fair" in jail or prison, and have said they think she'll do just fine, I have to say:

She's doing great in jail right now. Firstly, jail is a fry cry from prison.
Currently the inmate is the centre of attention and gets out of her cell ALOT to chat it up with her dream team.
No doubt her dream team is sharing and relaying all of the hype and hysteria to her - which continues to make her shine.
Random idiots IMHO are still sending money to her commissary. With time I think (HOPE) this, too, shall pass. Outta sigh, outta mind.
Once the inmate is found guilty, sentenced incarcerated the rest of the world will get on with their lives. So will ICA - only it'll be a brand new, LONELY LONELY LONELY repetetive, hopelessly restricted one....and very, very different from

a Beautiful Life.

One has to wonder if Lowell is cleaning up her cage yet???

And for those who have posted on another thread about how the Inmate will "fair" in jail or prison, and have said they think she'll do just fine, I have to say:

She's doing great in jail right now. Firstly, jail is a fry cry from prison.
Currently the inmate is the centre of attention and gets out of her cell ALOT to chat it up with her dream team.
No doubt her dream team is sharing and relaying all of the hype and hysteria to her - which continues to make her shine.
Random idiots IMHO are still sending money to her commissary. With time I think (HOPE) this, too, shall pass. Outta sigh, outta mind.
Once the inmate is found guilty, sentenced incarcerated the rest of the world will get on with their lives. So will ICA - only it'll be a brand new, LONELY LONELY LONELY repetetive, hopelessly restricted one....and very, very different from

a Beautiful Life.

Thank you for this post, every time I think of her yakking with her lawyers day or night for hours on end, and buying snacks and sneaking notes and loving every minute of having this circus she created be about HER, it turns my stomach. I would like her put away, no lawyer visits, no JOSE to get dolled up for and bat eyes with and just do her 23 hours in the cell. See how Beautiful that might be...not very.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustFab
Back