Luka Magotta AKA Eric Newman Trial, Week beginning Oct 13, 2014 - Trial Thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
So today was more of establishing that LM committed this murder. Which seems unnecessary now that he's confirmed that he did via his lawyer. However, as is usually the case, the crown had this whole case ready to go with his not guilty plea. So the jury will get the entire case as it was put together to establish his guilt. So there is no question that it was him.

I'll never understand how the prosecution has to spend months/years putting a case together just for the defendant to throw a big wrench in everything right at the start of the trial. So now that the prosecution has not prepared for months/years for his NCR plea, they have to scramble with that while putting on their original case at the same time. For those that followed the Caylee Anthony case, you'll know what I mean. So wrong that they can do this IMO. Make your plea at the beginning and that's it. Unless you want to change it prior to trial to guilty in the first degree and take your full sentence with no trial and no appeals.

MOO

OK so now I'm seeing what he did, I think. He baited some guy, tied him up to create his ADVERTISEMENT for the murder and then posted it on the internet and hyped it. He dressed up the same, posed with icepick, etc, and posted his AD. JMO

But there doesn't seem to be much logic behind who he sent the packages to, the return addresses he used and the notes he wrote... Why these names? It seems pretty random to me, like something a person with random, irrational fixations would do :p

I'm also wondering why he would reveal the location of the head! He obviously knew exactly where it was, which may indicate that he was clear-headed when he left it there - so why reveal it? To strike some kind of a bargain, maybe? Or to show remorse?

Perhaps the logic in LM's mind for these names and places to use for mailing body parts could be to get the biggest bang for his buck IYKWIM. Use names associated to the country's most notorious murderers (well at least that he knows of because PB/KH were from his area of the country and were probably in the news all the time in his young memory) and to the Prime Minister's family, both past and present..Liberal and Conservative. Mail packages to government offices for the shock value and elementary schools to make it even more horrific. Not sure why the two choices in Vancouver but messing with schools and government offices is always a high alert situation that is going to garner a LOT of press. Only someone thinking somewhat "rationally" would know this IMO.

Revealing the head location? Well once he was caught, I'm sure he wanted to take full responsibility for this crime to get his name on the "most notorious killer's list". I think he always wanted people to know it was him. Now he apparently wants to have some hope of getting back out into society. No doubt to continue his killing and propel himself into another league altogether.

I still maintain he can NEVER be allowed to walk among us. There isn't enough medication in the world that will ever make that option safe IMO.

MOO

OK so now I'm seeing what he did, I think. He baited some guy, tied him up to create his ADVERTISEMENT for the murder and then posted it on the internet and hyped it. He dressed up the same, posed with icepick, etc, and posted his AD. JMO

Yes, that is exactly it, IMO. It shows premeditation.

Did the jury see any of the contents of the video camera?

Thank you matou and No_Stone_Unturned ~ Tiffany Blue ~!!

And thank you for the warm welcome, as well.

BorgQueen? Your Kermit avatar cheers me up each time I see it! :)

Can I just jump in here for a quick clarification? Are you guys saying that the watching karla homolka blog was written by Magnotta?

Can I just jump in here for a quick clarification? Are you guys saying that the watching karla homolka blog was written by Magnotta?

Other than the similar writing style, here are some coincidences I noticed:

It contains pretty much the same text from this blog, one change being LM's location from Arizona to Paris:
http://thierry-karla-homolka-luka-magnotta-2.blogspot.co.uk/

It was has a post on the same day (29th December) as this LM "Python Cat Bath Video" blog was created: (non-graphic but may contain links to graphic material):
http://luka-magnotta-python-kitten-.../12/luka-magnotta-python-kitten-bath-cat.html

The above blog also contains the same list of links as this Scam Informer regarding LM posted the day of the murder (contains a brief description of his animal cruelty videos and may contain graphic links):
http://www.scamexposure.com/scam-re...avior-and-psychopathic-tendencies-c78766.html

I noticed that this 'blog' focuses on Magnotta just as much as, if not more than, Homolka. Like it was intended to put their names together in google search results.

Wow! I remember reading those blogs YEARS ago! Crazy...

I agree that he should never be released, even if he did do it because of his mental illness he's shown that he can't be trusted to take his meds. Good theory about the packages... I'm not Canadian so the names he used mean very little to me.

I'm glad the prosecution are going to great lengths to prove that LM killed JL, because even though he admitted doing it he might try to retract that later on and say he was framed and he confessed to a crime he didn't commit because of his pathological need for attention...*Or that "Manny" was there in his apartmemt with him with a gun pointed at him forcing him to commit the crime.

Many people do confess to crimes they never committed, that guy who said he killed JonBenet for example, or Otis Toole. You can't take a confession at face value, especially when the confessor has been diagnosed with a serious mental illness. Luckily the prosection do have tons of evidence proving that it was LM and LM alone who commited this atrocity.

This is for Everyones updates & news !!

thanks_1151.gif

PLEASE READ FROM BOTTOM UP:

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 31s 32 seconds ago

The man speaking denieshas anything to do w/ online kitten videos. I've been advised by my lawyer not to say anything about this. #Magnotta
0 replies 0 retweets 0 favorites
Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 1m 1 minute ago

There's some story about you leaving in the Caribbean. What are you doing in London now? West keeps asking why he's in London. #Magnotta
Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 2m 2 minutes ago

Hotel manager said he was getting death threats so I went downstairs to ask them to leave me in peace. #Magnotta
Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 3m 3 minutes ago

So I asked why are you here, and he said there's a reporter, from the Sun or the Daily Mail, bothering the hotel manager. #Magnotta

Can I come in? I'd rather just come out for a minute. #Magnotta

Don't want to talk because of all the harassment, journalist calling the hotel. #Magnotta
Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 4m 4 minutes ago

It's Alexander. I'm not filming, it's just me and a notepad. You don't want to chat?No, not really. #Magnotta
Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 5m 5 minutes ago

Hello dog, West is heard saying. #Magnotta

More whispered words. #Magnotta

Muffled voice in the background. A telephone ringing. A car engine starting. #Magnotta
Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 6m 6 minutes ago

Hello, My name is Alex West, I'm a journalist with the Sun newspaper. #Magnotta

"Luka." "Could I have a quick word.?" #Magnotta

Lots of crunching noises, paper shuffling, background voices. Footsteps, knocking on door. #Magnotta
Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 7m 7 minutes ago

Audio is very loud, lots of background noise. #Magnotta
Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 8m 8 minutes ago

West says he met #Magnotta at an inn in Wembley (West London) home of the famous football stadium.
Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 9m 9 minutes ago

West says intent was to see whether or not he was the author or not of certain videos and website entries on line. #Magnotta
Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 10m 10 minutes ago

West on the stand testifying about his interview with #Magnotta about online kitten videos. He is testifying from the UK via videolink.
Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 11m 11 minutes ago

London Sun reporter Alex West says interview with Luka #Magnotta lasted 1/2 hr. Dec 8, 2011. Listening to recording now.
0 replies 0 retweets 1 favorite

READ FROM TOP TO BOTTOM:

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 41s 42 seconds ago

I am 100% adamant, I want to be left in peace, I don't want to receive any more death threats. #Magnotta

Man also denying he dated convicted killer Karla Homolka. #Magnotta

How do these people know you're here? We believe you're the person who did the videos. I'm not, the man says to West. #Magnotta

You seem to have created multiple personalities, through these email addresses, West says. Man denies. #Magnotta

I don't want anything to do with the media, the man keeps saying to West. #Magnotta

The man West is speaking to keeps saying he wants to be left alone, to be left in peace, "I have nothing to say to anybody." #Magnotta

The man speaking denieshas anything to do w/ online kitten videos. I've been advised by my lawyer not to say anything about this. #Magnotta

There's some story about you leaving in the Caribbean. What are you doing in London now? West keeps asking why he's in London. #Magnotta

Hotel manager said he was getting death threats so I went downstairs to ask them to leave me in peace. #Magnotta

So I asked why are you here, and he said there's a reporter, from the Sun or the Daily Mail, bothering the hotel manager. #Magnotta

Can I come in? I'd rather just come out for a minute. #Magnotta

Don't want to talk because of all the harassment, journalist calling the hotel. #Magnotta

It's Alexander. I'm not filming, it's just me and a notepad. You don't want to chat?No, not really. #Magnotta

Hello dog, West is heard saying. #Magnotta

More whispered words. #Magnotta

Muffled voice in the background. A telephone ringing. A car engine starting. #Magnotta

Hello, My name is Alex West, I'm a journalist with the Sun newspaper. #Magnotta
0 replies 1 retweet 0 favorites

"Luka." "Could I have a quick word.?" #Magnotta
0 replies 1 retweet 1 favorite

Lots of crunching noises, paper shuffling, background voices. Footsteps, knocking on door. #Magnotta

Audio is very loud, lots of background noise. #Magnotta

West says he met #Magnotta at an inn in Wembley (West London) home of the famous football stadium.
Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 12m 12 minutes ago

West says intent was to see whether or not he was the author or not of certain videos and website entries on line. #Magnotta
Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 13m 13 minutes ago

West on the stand testifying about his interview with #Magnotta about online kitten videos. He is testifying from the UK via videolink.
Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 14m 14 minutes ago

London Sun reporter Alex West says interview with Luka #Magnotta lasted 1/2 hr. Dec 8, 2011. Listening to recording now.
Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 18h 18 hours ago

Sorry if I repeated some.......:blushing:

BOTTOM TO TOP:

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 13s 13 seconds ago

You created this whole manipulated cult around yourself, West says. Man denies. #Magnotta

I don't see any evidence, it's just fabricated, I am not the person in the video. #Magnotta

Where are these kittens now? Why would I go against legal counsel. I want to keep everyone in my life as anonymous as possible. #Magnotta

I have nothing to say about this, man keeps insisting about kittens and the video. #Magnotta

Your apartment is not the same as the video. Of course it's not the same, I didn't shoot any video. #Magnotta

On who's saying all this: "Maybe some crazy people." #Magnotta

Man denies he has a YouTube site. #Magnotta

Death threats about videos and cat killing? Yes. So you posted the videos? I never posted any videos, I deny it. #Magnotta

Because of links with Karla Homolka. I've contacted the police and they know I'm a victim and I have nothing to do this. #Magnotta

Man says he's received about 500 death threats, doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out. #Magnotta

BOTTOM TO TOP:

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 6s 6 seconds ago

West asks man about being a gigolo. "Oh that's harsh." #Magnotta
Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 50s 50 seconds ago

Where did you get python?I'm not trying to be rude,I'm trying to be as polite as possible,I'm a private person,man keeps saying. #Magnotta

Where are these kittens now, West says. You keep trying to trick me into giving you a statement. #Magnotta

All of this nonsense that says I love giving interviews is false. #Magnotta

You should just take my word, man says. What are you a victim of? Criminal harassment. #Magnotta

You created this whole manipulated cult around yourself, West says. Man denies. #Magnotta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname