Luka Magotta AKA Eric Newman Trial, Week beginning Oct 27, 2014 - Trial Thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 1m1 minute ago
Long term imprisoned inmates try to fake something and get a vacation in their hospital. #Magnotta

suemontgomery ‏@MontgomerySue · 2m2 minutes ago
Barth says some inmates try to get into psych dept by faking something. A fifth of patients we deal with are psychopaths he says. #magnotta

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 2m2 minutes ago
#Magnotta leaning forward in his seat again, gaze to the ground.

Psychopath is term used for those with anti social personality disorder, who manipulate, get what they want. #Magnotta

I'm quite used to this kind of patient, Barth says. Psychopaths often have skilled manner to express wishes, manipulate, smart #Magnotta

They are highly skilled in expressing their needs and in dealing with people. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 58s59 seconds ago
They can be charming in one moment and aggressive the next. #Magnotta

They suffer from mental related problems, put in isolation for example in prison and sometimes get depressed &even suicidal. #Magnotta

So they get transferred to us but we are still dealing with a psychopath so we try to send them back to prison. #Magnotta

#Magnotta expressed himself about sexual orientation, as if he were talking about someone else, like he wasn't involved.

Steven Chmielash ‏@s_chmielash · 1m1 minute ago
Barth said he seemed a bit detached. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 56s56 seconds ago
Psych records, you requested from where? From hospitals in Miami Beach and Toronto. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 44s44 seconds ago
To establish diagnosis you need a lot of information about what happened before the event. #Magnotta

Why need info? Schizophrenia usually breaks out in a way where public can see it happen. #Magnotta

Voices, persecution, that's the time schizophrenia breaks out usually over period of five years. #Magnotta

Witness says major event usually happens:lose school, lose family, lose job, feeling depressed, lack confidence, optimism, drive. #Magnotta

Witness says sometimes the person starts taking drugs. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 36s37 seconds ago
Witness says many psychotic/schizo patients feel marijuana helps them feel less impaired in their symptoms. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 51s51 seconds ago
What about listening to music, help w/ voices? Yes some schizo patients suffer less. #Magnotta

suemontgomery ‏@MontgomerySue · 1m1 minute ago
Can also suffer from delusions, Barth says. Feel their body is changing, and could see devil in mirror instead of themselves #Magnotta

suemontgomery ‏@MontgomerySue · 5m5 minutes ago
That's the inner world of psychotics in acute psychotic episode, Barth says #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 5m5 minutes ago
#Magnotta told witness grandfather regularly gave him alcohol to drink when he was 10 but didn't like it, made him sick.

suemontgomery ‏@MontgomerySue · 5m5 minutes ago
#Magnotta said his grandfather gave him alcohol since he was 10, but didn't like it so doesn't drink, Barth says

#Magnotta didn't want to discuss further. Switched to cannabis. Smoked a few times, made him sick, made the voices stay.

suemontgomery ‏@MontgomerySue · 4m4 minutes ago
#Magnotta thought Manny had put cocaine in his drinks, Barth said

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 4m4 minutes ago
Cocaine? Put it in my drink, wanted to poison me, #Magnotta told witness.

Alcohol, any bearing on schizo? Yes. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 3m3 minutes ago
Cocaine accelerates life. Witness says most use drugs that sedate them. #Magnotta

suemontgomery ‏@MontgomerySue · 3m3 minutes ago
Alcohol and cannabis the most common things used because it's easy to get. At some point schiz will use whatever they can get #Magnotta

I can't remember a patient that used cocaine regularly, Barth says #Magnotta

Witness says in this special case, saw him daily, took him into office without any other personnel. #Magnotta

Can't say how long per session he saw him, depending on anxiety. #Magnotta

Can't tell you how much time per day I spent with him because sometimes #Magnotta didn't want to talk or avoided certain topics

No pathological findings? Everything was fine, except for some stomach problems. #Magnotta

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 2m 2 minutes ago
#Magnotta refused to have an MRI on abdomen so did an ultrasound but found nothing, Barth says

suemontgomery ‏@MontgomerySue · 35s36 seconds ago
#Magnotta spoke about Debbie out of the blue. "She is recording me with a camera. she has cast a spell on me. I'm scared" He appeared scared

Psycho pathological findings? See name Debbie. #Magnotta

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 4m 4 minutes ago
When Barth closed the window despite the heat, #Magnotta felt relieved. Thought Debbie photographing through window

If staring constantly at window,try to portray diff aspect of schizo? In exploration of few hours,some patients can fake it. #Magnotta

But doubt can fake it in more than that time. #Magnotta

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 5m 5 minutes ago
If you're a good actor, you can fake it, but I doubt you can fake it over a long period of time. #Magnotta

Sometimes nurses, who are more experienced, tell us, come on, let's get rid of this guy. He's playing ping pong. #Magnotta

Nurses felt sympathy for #Magnotta. He was really suffering. There was never a feeling he was faking it, Barth said

Never had situation with our nurses with #Magnotta, felt nurses felt sympathy for him because he had schizophrenia.

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 48s48 seconds ago
Seen as a body of the justice system and reason for few patients not to trust docs and nurses in our dept. #Magnotta

Barth said their psych ward is like a five-star hotel compared to prison conditions in Thailand. We create family like enviro, he says

salimah shivji ‏@salimah_shivji · 39s40 seconds ago
Barth said, unlike for some patients, he never had any comment from nurses suspecting #Magnotta was faking it to stay @ "5-star" prison.

lunch break in #Magnotta. back at 2

Okay so I wonder how this doctor would react to the emails and online postings of LM in which he gleefully commented on how he loves "getting away with things"? It's really unfair to the jury and the witnesses if all of his activities are not going to be brought into this.

He was there for about 6 days and spent most of that time in his comfy private room. How can anyone make a determination like this in 6 days? :waitasec:

MOO

We still haven't heard ANYTHING about his state of mind at the time of the crime. Remember that the jury aren't trying to decide whether LM has schizophrenia, they're trying to decide whether he was CR at the time of the crimes. Plenty of people who have schizophrenia have been sentenced to life in prison or even executed because they were determined to be CR at the time of the offence. He made a trailer of his "movie" and had all the tools ready when he lured JL, so he can't say it was a spur of the moment thing.

OK, I'm about to jump right out of my skin here! So......these psychiatrists who work in penal institutions with people who have committed crimes never ask about those alleged crimes?

(WTF??????)

PLEASE READ FROM BOTTOM UP

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 5m 5 minutes ago

#Magnotta sitting up for this legal debate.
0 replies 7 retweets 3 favorites
Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 10m 10 minutes ago

#Magnotta again perched forward in his seat, looking to the floor.
0 replies 12 retweets 1 favorite
Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 11m 11 minutes ago

Crown wants to raise point of law. Jury leaves. #Magnotta
0 replies 1 retweet 1 favorite
Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 11m 11 minutes ago

We now have visual. #Magnotta
0 replies 0 retweets 1 favorite
Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 12m 12 minutes ago

We have no visual in the overflow room except of a document on screen. #Magnotta
0 replies 0 retweets 1 favorite
Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 14m 14 minutes ago

Lunch break is over. Back to the testimony of Dr. Thomas Barth, Berlin psychiatrist who saw #Magnotta after his arrest in June 2012.
0 replies 1 retweet 1 favorite

So he sits up straight for the legal debates but he cannot face the witnesses?

Okay so I wonder how this doctor would react to the emails and online postings of LM in which he gleefully commented on how he loves "getting away with things"? * It's really unfair to the jury and the witnesses if all of his activities are not going to be brought into this.*

He was there for about 6 days and spent most of that time in his comfy private room. How can anyone make a determination like this in 6 days? :waitasec:

MOO

Does the Dr realise all these 'points' LM "doesn't wants to talk about" have been posted ALL OVER the interwebz by him ?

* After all this 'poor Luka' bleeding heart crap the jury needs to hear (& see :sick: ) the whole Kitten Killer story !

~ As much as I wouldn't wish that on anyone ~

Oh.
Dankeschön. Abgesehen von diesem Thema geht es mir soweit gut ߘʛ/QUOTE]

:thumb: Ich bin froh, dass Sie gut sind

Ich muss gestehen, die deutschen aus hören viele Stunden Rammstein :rockon:

~ & ein bisschen Hilfe von yandex übersetzen :secret:

It is indeed quite interesting how he sits up straight and alert during legal discussion, but when the jury is around, he gets all mopey and pouty and slouches over. Manipulative... too bad they can't see HIM during legal debates, even if they can't see or hear what is going on.

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 16m 16 minutes ago

#Magnotta leaning forward in his seat, looking at the floor, for this half of the discussion.
0 replies 2 retweets 2 favorites
Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 18m 18 minutes ago

Back from break but legal debate out of jury's presence continues. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 7m 7 minutes ago

#Magnotta sitting back up as legal debate goes on.

Oh.
Dankeschön. Abgesehen von diesem Thema geht es mir soweit gut ߘʛ/QUOTE]

:thumb: Ich bin froh, dass Sie gut sind

Ich muss gestehen, die deutschen aus hören viele Stunden Rammstein :rockon:

~ & ein bisschen Hilfe von yandex übersetzen :secret:

Thank you. Rammstein is not necessary my favorite Kind of Music :hilarious:

So he acted like he had paranoid schizophrenia AFTER his arrest but the witnesses he met up with after fleeing Canada didn't mention anything like this. I call BS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member