GUILTY MA - Abigail Hanna for kidnap, assault of 2yo girl, Hamilton, 2015

I wonder why? Scheduling issues, or is she still not mentally capable of participating in her trial?

I looked for the actual press release but did not find it. I wish the article had elaborated on the stated reason for the delay. (If one was given)

Has anyone found any updates on this case? I haven't seen anything about the supposed December 31 court appearance.

Interesting that they still haven't been able to provide her with medication/treament that relieves her hallucinations and makes her capable of carrying on a conversation. Hopefully, they'll find something that works before the next hearing.

Odd how she was somewhat normal before all this, capable of getting engaged, shopping, driving about, talking to friends and family, then suddenly she's a zombie who is unresponsive to treatment.

Interesting that they still haven't been able to provide her with medication/treament that relieves her hallucinations and makes her capable of carrying on a conversation. Hopefully, they'll find something that works before the next hearing.

Odd how she was somewhat normal before all this, capable of getting engaged, shopping, driving about, talking to friends and family, then suddenly she's a zombie who is unresponsive to treatment.

Maybe she is suffering from affluenza like that loser Ethan Couch in Texas...

It can take months to get the right cocktail. IMO that's not unusual.

Hopefully they'll find something soon.

Babysitter accused of kidnapping and torturing child is sent back to mental health hospital as prosecutors grow frustrated at trial delay

Abigail Hanna is accused of breaking into Lyndon Albers' parents' home and abducting the toddler who was found naked and cigarette burned

Hannah, 21, last appeared in court in November and remains in custody

She has history of problems with the police and 'mental health issues'

The daughter of affluent parents, she went to Christian school and college but family friend says: 'She's very troubled.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...row-frustrated-trial-delay.html#ixzz3y8VqHzZX

http://www.salemnews.com/news/local...cle_f9b8d9a0-4d2f-5e55-b3aa-229b937b55a6.html

Hanna was uncooperative with evaluation, says prosecutor

"Ms. Hanna refused to participate in interviews, refused to participate in testing and refused to sign waivers for access to certain records," Essex County assistant district attorney Kristen Buxton told a Newburyport District Court judge during a hearing Wednesday morning.
It was that lack of cooperation, Buxton argued, that delayed a report by Worcester Recovery Center psychologist Denise Mumley.
Mumley subsequently completed a report in February that, the prosecutor said, appears to conclude that Hanna, 21, is competent to stand trial. "

Woman accused of kidnapping toddler could be held for years as competency questions linger

"If she remains mentally incompetent, she’ll have to wait out the statutory requirements.
That would be 7 1/2 years, or half the maximum sentence for kidnapping a child, if she was found guilty of the charges against her, according to Massachusetts law. After that time has passed, the charges would be dismissed."

https://www.boston.com/news/local-n...held-for-years-as-competency-questions-linger

So, the experts have concluded she is competent to stand trial, but is just refusing to cooperate. I wonder if she's doing so on the advice of her attorneys?

Seems likely the judge will rule that she's competent to proceed with her prosecution and trial.

Abigail Hanna was arraigned in Salem Superior Court this week for for kidnapping, breaking and entering in the nighttime, assault and battery on a child resulting in bodily injury and assault and battery with a dangerous weapon on a child under 14. The arraignment moves her case to Superior Court.

http://patch.com/massachusetts/hamilton-wenham/alleged-hamilton-kidnapper-arraigned-salem-superior-court-0

A preliminary hearing to determine where the defendant should be held while the case in pending is scheduled for April 25 at 9:00 am in Salem Superior Court. The defendant will be present for that hearing. A full competency hearing is scheduled for May 18 at 2:00 pm.

Photo of her at the arraignment is in the article below. After months of therapy and examination, state's psychologist and psychiatrist have determined she is competent to stand trial. Both believe she is faking her symptoms or "malingering".

http://www.salemnews.com/news/local_news/is-hanna-competent-to-stand-trial/article_671709ce-112c-53f5-bf5e-4cb3290e0cef.html

Abigail Hanna was arraigned in Salem Superior Court this week for for kidnapping, breaking and entering in the nighttime, assault and battery on a child resulting in bodily injury and assault and battery with a dangerous weapon on a child under 14. The arraignment moves her case to Superior Court.

http://patch.com/massachusetts/hamilton-wenham/alleged-hamilton-kidnapper-arraigned-salem-superior-court-0

Photo of her at the arraignment is in the article below. After months of therapy and examination, state's psychologist and psychiatrist have determined she is competent to stand trial. Both believe she is faking her symptoms or "malingering".

http://www.salemnews.com/news/local_news/is-hanna-competent-to-stand-trial/article_671709ce-112c-53f5-bf5e-4cb3290e0cef.html

I figured she was faking her symptoms, and hope she stands trial and is found guilty of the charges against her. That poor baby was surely emotionally traumatized as well as physically hurt by this monster!

*If* she is malingering, I wonder what the motive for the kidnapping was. I'm guessing she had a major falling-out with the child's parents and was trying to get revenge on them...

Hiding her face with her hood? Taking lessons from Rachel Bond...perps should not be allowed to wear hoods in court

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

*If* she is malingering, I wonder what the motive for the kidnapping was. I'm guessing she had a major falling-out with the child's parents and was trying to get revenge on them...

I think it really is that simple. From her history of partying, drug use, etc., she appears to be a spoiled, immature young woman who doesn't take well to criticism from others. She didn't care for Lyndon or she wouldn't have assaulted her and burned her with cigarettes. The child was just a tool to extract revenge against the parents. What's chilling is the degree to which she planned her crime.

I think it really is that simple. From her history of partying, drug use, etc., she appears to be a spoiled, immature young woman who doesn't take well to criticism from others. She didn't care for Lyndon or she wouldn't have assaulted her and burned her with cigarettes. The child was just a tool to extract revenge against the parents. What's chilling is the degree to which she planned her crime.

Wow just got caught up and have to agree with this. This is very disturbing. im sure she will have her own expert testify that she's not malingering when/if this gets to trial, but hopefully all that time the states psychologist and psychiatrist spent with her in which they believe that she was faking her symptoms/malingering will come back to hurt any defense her lawyers try on her behalf and will expose her as the manipulative, vengeful, monster she is. Prayers to Lyndon and the entire Albers family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lilhuda
Back