Still Missing MA - Ana Walshe, 39, allegedly left home, may have been dismembered, Cohasset, Jan 2023 *husband indicted* #4

Yes, and they also specifically mentioned the dog as well. I’m sure news sources are being inundated with questions about the survivors, and I’m happy to hear they seem to be in the best situation possible right now.
I hope BW never darkens their doorways again. MOO

It might be hard for them. The 6-year-old will remember. Maybe the 4-year-old. Hardly the 2-year-old, but still, to grow up knowing that your mother is dead and your father killed her…horrible.

And here is the money part. Ana Walshe amassed $3M property portfolio that husband Brian was eager to inherit, internet history reveals

I think it was all for money. Could also be a lot of jealousy on BW’s side because Ana was an independent, accomplished woman, a self- achiever.

Brian stated Ana left the house at 6 or 6:10am on January 1st. Her phone was pinged and it was found to be at her home on Jan 1, but turned off on January 2nd at 3:14Am. Brian stated Ana was wearing a black dress, hunter boots, watch, necklace and ring and carrying a Prada purse.
January 1st, using his son's ipad, some of the searches were listed in court:
4:55AM-How long before a body starts to smell
4:58AM-How to stop a body from decomposing
5:20AM-How to mound a body
5:47AM-10 ways to dispose of a body if you really need to
6:25AM-How long for someone to be missing to inherit
6:34AM-Can you throw away body parts
9:29AM-What does formaldehyde do
9:34AM-How long does DNA last
9:59AM-Can identification on partial remains be made
11:34AM-Dismemberment and the best ways to dispose of a body
11:44AM-How to clean blood from a wooden floor
11:56AM-Luminol to detect blood
1:08PM-What happens when you put body parts in ammonia
1:21PM-Is it better to throw crime scene clothes away or wash them

On January 2nd he went to Home Goods and purchased 3 rugs.

More google searches on January 2nd
12:45PM-Hacksaw best tool to dismember
1:10PM-Can you be charged with murder without a body
1:14PM-Can you identify a body with broken teeth
that same day he was seen on security video at Home Depot in Rockland buying cleaning supplies, mops, brushes, tape, tarp, a tyvek suit with boots, buckets, goggles, baking soda and a hatchet. at 5:32PM he was seen at some street in Hingham.

January 3rd

By tracking his phone, at 4:27PM he was at an apt complex in Abington. Surveilance photos showed his car and a man fitting his description exit the car near a dumpster. He leans in with a garbage bag which appears to be heavy as he had to heft the bag in. At 4:48PM he hit another complex in Abington to dispose of another bag. And his phone showed him in Brockton at a third complex at 5:10PM. Video again showed him discarding bags at that dumpster in Brockton.

more google searches that day
1:10PM-what happens to hair on a dead body
1:13PM-what is the rate of decomposition of a body found in plastic bag compared to on a surface in the woods
1:20PM-can baking soda make a body smell good

January 4th
Brian went to Home Goods and TJMaxx and purchased towels, bath mats, men's clothing. At 4:15PM he went to Lowes and purchased squeegies and a trash can. That was the day officers went to Ana's to do a well check. They observed his car with seats down and a plastic liner in the back of the car. The next day, the liner was gone and car was freshly vacuumed. Blood was found in the car which matched, through DNA, Ana.
January 5th
His phone showed he travelled to his mothers in Swampscott at 9:34AM and he went to the dumpster on that property.

The story is incredibly sad (and poor Ana expressed her hope that 2023 would be a great year in her post of Dec 31).

But at the same time, I wish I could be a fly on the wall and see the faces of the detectives as they were extracting his searches. The man is obsessively perfectionistic, to put it mildly. Killed his wife, the mother of his three children. They are probably playing upstairs above the body of their mother, and he is studying "body farm 101" on a child iPad, day after day.

(And this is what I am afraid his older son might recollect, one day).

It might be hard for them. The 6-year-old will remember. Maybe the 4-year-old. Hardly the 2-year-old, but still, to grow up knowing that your mother is dead and your father killed her…horrible.

And here is the money part. Ana Walshe amassed $3M property portfolio that husband Brian was eager to inherit, internet history reveals

I think it was all for money. Could also be a lot of jealousy on BW’s side because Ana was an independent, accomplished woman, a self- achiever.
I'm going to bet another person comes into the mix. Just saying.

It really sounds like he wasn't done cleaning up when LE showed up to the home for the welfare check and that's why the knife was still there. It's really interesting how he seemingly wasn't in a rush and maybe didn't think someone else would raise the alarm, she was gone for 4 days.

@Charlot123 Those are violations of his federal charges and will be addressed by that other court, if I understood correctly.
what Federal charges? What other court? Just starting to follow this case but I cant understand why there are 2 jurisdictions involved in this case....

Just wanted to comment that the guy just looks evil and dangerous from his photos.

Oh I totally hear that, the traffic up there has gotten bad. I go back and visit fairly often as I still have some pretty good friends there and we hop all over the place between DC, VA & MD… at indeed, a much slower pace than it would have taken us 10 years ago. I did notice that her primary residence, the $1.3M TH is in Friendship Heights, which is super far up in NW… Apparently, Friendship Heights is split, with half of it inside NW, and the other half in Chevy Chase, MD… which is interesting and odd, but I digress… so she may have been able to avoid a lot of that DC traffic… maybe? It’s possible that she also may have hired a property management company to handle it so that she didn’t have to. It’s actually pretty inexpensive, but I guess that all comes down to personal preference. I have always liked to manage my own properties just because I learned the hard way that if someone else mismanages them and it ends up costing you a ton of money as a result, there’s not a lot of recourse… But at the same time, you’re absolutely right, it can sometimes be a real hassle too, if you opt to handle the oversight yourself.

<modsnip - no link to source for image>
Friendship Heights, as a neighborhood may not be among the most expensive in DC or convenient to downtown, but it is just steps from the area's "rodeo drive" and allowed ana to have an address in DC proper. In addition, the house was newer (compared to the rest of the city) and looks like it required no yard work. Really a perfect fit for her interests and busy lifestyle.

Last edited by a moderator:
what Federal charges? What other court? Just starting to follow this case but I cant understand why there are 2 jurisdictions involved in this case....

Just wanted to comment that the guy just looks evil and dangerous from his photos.
BW pled guilty to fraud in federal court for selling fake Warhol paintings and was awaiting sentencing. Murder charges will be Massachusetts state courts. He will also be sentenced in federal court at some point.

Great motive, I realized - all the properties accumulated were in Ana's name only OR in Ana's name and an investor's name, NEVER Brian's. Maybe because she knew he could not be trusted with the properties. Maybe Ana had enough, and if she brought up a divorce... he wouldn't be sitting pretty. His entire identity, worth, sense of self, ego, LIFE depends on him being rich (other people be damned). It appears to me he chose money over his own wife and family and did not care at all how badly his actions affected people who cared for him. I don't think he understands "love" to be honest.
Again, my speculation.
Perhaps he had no idea she owned all of these properties. And he found out and was not happy.

Previous federal charges related to fraud for which he was awaiting sentencing when all of this occurred.

Great motive, I realized - all the properties accumulated were in Ana's name only OR in Ana's name and an investor's name, NEVER Brian's. Maybe because she knew he could not be trusted with the properties. Maybe Ana had enough, and if she brought up a divorce... he wouldn't be sitting pretty. His entire identity, worth, sense of self, ego, LIFE depends on him being rich (other people be damned). It appears to me he chose money over his own wife and family and did not care at all how badly his actions affected people who cared for him. I don't think he understands "love" to be honest.
Again, my speculation.

Can’t be said any better.

I can’t explain what OP meant, but remembering prior uxoricides, more often than not, the guy would already have another woman lined up. It is not impossible, as BW treated his home arrest quite liberally, as we now see. JMO.
Your vocabulary is impressive! I now know a synonym for "murdering your wife." And unfortunately it comes up fairly often in conversations. I'm sick with the direction things are going in this country. The misogyny and racism can be extreme.

I really feel for Ana’s mom, she knew BW only from a good side, a good father, good husband, good cook and good caretaker when she needed it. It’s gonna take sometime for her to accept what really happened and who he really is.

It’s an interesting to hear from Ana’s mom that Ana said in a text that she and BW are not on the same page about where the kids will spend time DC or MS.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ecdub