GUILTY MA - Colleen Ritzer, 24, brutally murdered, Danvers, 22 Oct 2013 #2

Thanks Jacct for keeping us updated with tweets!

See you all on 1/29/16

The conviction of Phillip Chism for the brutal rape and murder of his high school math teacher has rekindled a debate over parole for teen killers, and renewed calls for lawmakers to toughen prison sentences.

Chism, now 16, was tried as an adult but will still be eligible for parole in 13 to 23 years, depending upon the sentence he receives in January. He has already spent nearly two years in jail while awaiting trial.

As a juvenile, he cannot receive a sentence of life without parole, following recent decisions by the U.S. Supreme Court and the Supreme Judicial Court of Massachusetts. Both ruled that teen killers should be given a chance at parole.

http://www.salemnews.com/news/local...cle_7a92d798-35af-5dbe-9d74-7c76d2eeb1ad.html

Glad to come back and see he got convicted! Hopefully he gets 23 years, then the parole board continues to deny him parole like Manson who will never get out.

I still find it pathetic and preposterous that the jury is expected to find him 'not guilty' of rape because he had already brutally killed her. I would have an impossible time voting 'not guilty' on that finding.

At minimum, they should have charged him then with violating a corpse. He violated her whether she was dead or not. She did not consent ( was unconscious) to sex with a tree branch!!!:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Was a trial set for the next trial for this felon? Thanks

Was a trial set for the next trial for this felon? Thanks

I have it on my calendar for 2/1 at 9:00am EST. I haven't seen anything that the date has been changed but for some reason I'm waiting to hear the date has been moved.

Thanks fot both dates, i will mark th days and see what happens.

According to NECM, Massachusetts, today, Chism will be sentenced this Friday. No time given

I am on ipad and cannot link. If anyone can link and find a time before I do, please post. TY

According to NECM, Massachusetts, today, Chism will be sentenced this Friday. No time given

I am on ipad and cannot link. If anyone can link and find a time before I do, please post. TY

RBBM:

Chism decision could put new juvenile sentencing law to the test | FOX25

[...]

Chism's defense attorney has asked that Chism be given concurrent sentences and serve 26 years in prison.
“I think somebody would appeal the idea that it would run against the whole thrust of all these recent cases saying juveniles really should at some point, at the very least, have an opportunity for parole. Even if they don't get paroled,” Elikann said.

The sentencing is set for Friday at 9 a.m.

[...]

Embedded video & More@Link:

http://www.myfoxboston.com/news/chi...juvenile-sentencing-law-to-the-test/112082160

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RBBM:

Chism decision could put new juvenile sentencing law to the test | FOX25

[...]

Chism's defense attorney has asked that Chism be given concurrent sentences and serve 26 years in prison.
“I think somebody would appeal the idea that it would run against the whole thrust of all these recent cases saying juveniles really should at some point, at the very least, have an opportunity for parole. Even if they don't get paroled,” Elikann said.

The sentencing is set for Friday at 9 a.m.

[...]

Embedded video & More@Link:

http://www.myfoxboston.com/news/chi...juvenile-sentencing-law-to-the-test/112082160

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This defense att. is out of his mind .Seriously, just give him 26 yrs for what he perpetrated on an innocent female teacher.UGH!!!!!!! Never let that monster out.

ETA: This defense att. should apply to go be a guest att. on Nancy Grace, she hates their lame theories/excuses, then she rips them up. I love Nancy, but I'm a glutton for punishment too.

Nicole JacobsVerified account ‏@NicoleJacobsWBZ 3h3 hours ago In a last filing, the defense for #PhilipChism wanted the judge to limit the number of victim impact statements. The judge disagreed.

Chris McKinnon ‏@chrisWBZ 2h2 hours ago
Sentencing day for #PhilipChism. Family/friends of Colleen Ritzer to address court today.

Victoria WarrenVerified account ‏@vwarrenon7 2h2 hours ago
Impact statements and sentencing today for #PhilipChism. Will set precedent for future juvenile first degree murder convictions

Twitter links: https://twitter.com/NicoleJacobsWBZ/status/703160500821970945

Live Stream: http://www.wcvb.com/news/newscenter-5-breaking-news/26098608

Jill Harmacinski ‏@EagleTribJill 6m6 minutes ago The following people will give impact statements today at #PhilipChism sentencing @EagleTrib pic.twitter.com/D3yKHMG5U9

CcJcBb2VIAEeOI0.jpg

Julie Manganis ‏@SNJulieManganis 7m7 minutes ago Peggie Ritzer will be the last one to speak during prosecution presentation.

Julie Manganis ‏@SNJulieManganis 6m6 minutes ago
The courtroom is packed for #PhilipChism sentencing.

Julie Manganis ‏@SNJulieManganis 5m5 minutes ago
Regan is speaking to #PhilipChism in a holding area just outside courtroom. Hoping there's no delay but getting a strange feeling.

Jill Harmacinski ‏@EagleTribJill 5m5 minutes ago
Courtroom fallen quiet but still no sign of #PhilipChism or Judge David Lowy in courtroom

Christina Hager ‏@HagerWBZ 2m2 minutes ago
#PhilipChism just walked into courtroom, suit & tie, sat at defense desk in front of #ColleenRitzer's friends & family

allison manningVerified account ‏@allymanning 2m2 minutes ago
#PhilipChism had a birthday since he was found guilty of murder, rape and robbery. He's now 17-years-old.

Laura Crimaldi ‏@lauracrimaldi 36s36 seconds ago Judge Lowy is on the bench. Sentencing hearing for #PhilipChism has begun.

Victoria WarrenVerified account ‏@vwarrenon7 1m1 minute ago
Judge allowing #PhilipChism to be in court without shackles for his sentencing.

Jill Harmacinski ‏@EagleTribJill 59s59 seconds ago
Defense has some motions before we start, which included request for #PhilipChism restraints

Jill Harmacinski ‏@EagleTribJill 1m1 minute ago
Defense objecting to display of pink in courtroom

Julie Manganis ‏@SNJulieManganis 2m2 minutes ago
Defense suggests "public displays" of support , "no matter how well intentioned ... Have no place in a court of law."

Jill Harmacinski ‏@EagleTribJill 1m1 minute ago
Susan Craig called to give impact statement

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CAGmommy