MA MA - Debra Marie ‘Debbie’ Melo, 30, Weymouth, 20 Jun 2000

possible. you would think the rose tattoo and name would answer this one pretty quickly.

LButler said:
possible. you would think the rose tattoo and name would answer this one pretty quickly.
I'm thinking because the body was probably there for a while, that there was only remains, which is why there wasn't more of identifying clues or eye color listed, and why there were clay type sketches listed, but i could be wrong.

Bumping .another lying abusive who says he left G/F on the side of the road .:banghead: :banghead:

aussiegran said:
Bumping .another lying abusive who says he left G/F on the side of the road .:banghead: :banghead:

I know. I thought of Christine Rudy when I read that this guy left his wife on the side of the road. This guy has a history of violence and admits that they had an argument the last time he saw her. He probably didn't dump her out on a road anymore than Christine's husband did. Well, they were probably dumped off the side of a road somewhere but not when they were alive.

I'd bet money this husband murdered his wife. If LE can't get enough evidence to send this guy to prison for life then I hope the "mysterious men" do a great job crippling him up so that he suffers for the rest of his life. He deserves nothing less.

PrayersForMaura I put the pics side by side and they are very close.

In addition, the time frames match and so do the available stats.

I think you SHOULD suggest it as a possible match!

PonderingThings said:
PrayersForMaura I put the pics side by side and they are very close.

In addition, the time frames match and so do the available stats.

I think you SHOULD suggest it as a possible match!

It does look like a possible match. The timeline is questionable. He did not report her missing for 24 hrs. It takes 30 hrs to get back & forth from SC to MA. Unless of course he took a trip after he reported her missing. I wonder if they had a close eye on him after he filed the report. Hmm.

Since he was in control of making the report, and giving the details of when she was last seen alive, those hours could have been "adjusted". Also he said he left her after a "road side arguement". Where was the road he said he was on?

A mixture of truth and fiction?

Pondering: she was (by his account)dropped off at Rte 18 in Weymouth around 3pm. I believe I read her sister spoke with her while they were driving, inviting them over or something. Debbie declined.

Charlie Project is stating the report was filed 24- to 3 days. That's a huge gap.

I sent an e-mail to someone I have been in touch with before asking about the timeline. I meant to ask about the dental work too, I will do that if they reply.

PS: I'm betting pure fiction.

pugsley said:
Pondering: she was (by his account)dropped off at Rte 18 in Weymouth around 3pm. I believe I read her sister spoke with her while they were driving, inviting them over or something. Debbie declined.

Charlie Project is stating the report was filed 24- to 3 days. That's a huge gap.

I sent an e-mail to someone I have been in touch with before asking about the timeline. I meant to ask about the dental work too, I will do that if they reply.

PS: I'm betting pure fiction.

Glad to see people remembering Deborah Melo...I don't know her and have never met anybody in her family, but she allegedly was dropped off about a mile and a half to two miles from where I live. Pugsley...was really glad to see your (by his account) it is unfortunate that that is all the police have to work on in this case and so many others. Route 18 is a busy roadway. There is a major hospital about a mile away...and all kinds of businesses. If I am remembering correctly the area where it was described that Mrs. Melo got out of the car is the least populated. In fact a good portion of that area is (or was) an area fenced because it used to be the South Weymouth Naval Air Station....a person walking any distance in that area would certainly have been noticed.......

Melo's husband claims abandonment

By Terence J. Downing, Enterprise staff writer
TAUNTON — Six years after Debbie Melo vanished after an argument with her husband, Luis, on Route 18, he has divorced her on grounds of abandonment and remarried, according to his lawyer and court records.

Attorney Edwin T. Scallon, who represents Melo and his new family, said Melo believes Debbie simply walked out on him and their two children.

Scallon, who handled the divorce, said Luis Melo filed a petition in Bristol Probate and Family Court on grounds of abandonment.

Judge Prudence J. McGregor granted the divorce Feb. 28, records show.

http://enterprise.southofboston.com/articles/2006/06/16/news/news/news04.txt

bumping to keep this thread going and Debbie's memory alive

You are not forgotten, Debbie.

Someday there will be answers and justice.

WV

I know it's been awhile, but as I was thinking about the case, I seem to remember that the West Bridgewater, MA police department found a human hand on Scotland Street. That is a fairly rural part of the town, next to the highway, and had been essentially undeveloped until recently. There was a small article in the local newspaper about it, but no further information was ever published.

I'm wondering if that has any connection to the Debbie Melo case - although I'm sure if it had, there would have been stories about it by now.

It's coming up on the anniversary of Debbie Melo's disappearance and I just wanted to keep this thread alive.

Does anyone know if there have been any updates at all?

Debbie, you're in my thoughts.

WV

Another year gone and still no word on Debbie Melo. I contacted the local newspaper a few days ago and asked if they were going to run a follow-up story for the eight-year anniversary, but they said they weren't sure. No story today. :confused:

I watched 48hrs last night about Michelle Harris and her husband was arrested and convicted with no body, no weapon, no physical evidence. He was bascially tried on his actions. He didn't help look for her, he was living with another woman within days of her disappearence, etc. His conviction was recently over-turned due to a new witness coming forward.
I imagine LE in this case is waiting and hoping they find her body and physical evidence to link him to her death. It is always so frustrating because it seems so obvious who murdered her. He just dropped her off on the side of the road and never saw her again....yeah right.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back