GUILTY MA - Doctors Richard Field, 49, & Lina Bolanos, 38, slain, Boston, 5 May 2017 *Arrest*

I had thought that the alleged killer worked at the victims' building at some time. He likely knew the access codes. He killed the two victims in such a horrific manner that first responders at the crime scene were traumatized. Two bright, good people were brutally killed. It is so awful for their families. Especially since it could have been avoided if some judge had done the right thing.

The female victim (last name of Bolanos) might have known the perpetrator from an event in the large Portuguese community in the area. Bolanos is also a Spanish name, but many Portuguese and Spanish names can be very similar and some transfer directly.

This community includes not only people from Portugal directly, but other countries with large doses of Portuguese cultural / language influences including Cape Verde and Guinea Bissau.

Though I cant imagine the doctor would knowingly associate with a street criminal, people have reported that the perpetrator could be charming and is a GQ type dresser.

Maybe the met at a community function, became casual friends, and the perpetrator became obsessed with the victim?

Just looking at her FB page, I do not see any connections at all to any Portuguese people.

The most recent up-to-the-minute reports say that Teixeira once worked at the doctors' apartment building as a security guard. Something must have happened that inspired him to want revenge. I'm sure he was fired from that job, and must have had an animus for his former employer and possibly for the residents. That would explain the "retribution" aspect and the motivation to murder.

Aside from that, yes...I'm convinced that Teixeira sought to burglarize the apartment, knowing that he could score big on valuables like jewelry. He must have planned a combined burglary and murder-revenge scene. Total psycho.
bbm
But according to his own text message sent to his girlfriend, he was not planning on surviving himself. Why would he need to "burgle" anything? I think he went there to kill them, tear them apart, symbolically in the pictures, and then literally.
"Unrequited love" obsession?

After the fact, he may have decided to grab valuables and flee. Thankfully he didn't get away.
It's a damn shame. 12ish years of school, so much work and dedication to reach their dreams...all gone in a day. RIP.

When the cops arrived, they got up to the 11th floor penthouse. Bizarrely, Teixeira had left the keys in the door, even though the door was shut. The cops knocked, received no answer, and then entered the apartment. Teixeira began firing at them from inside.
<snip>

In another quoted paragraph by boynton:
The "authorities" said that Teixeira was a former guard at the luxury building where the doctors lived. That's reported in this article by the Boston Globe:

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...9kL/story.html

"Boston police discovered a black backpack full of jewelry when they searched the penthouse condo where two doctors were slain Friday, a killing that authorities allegewas committed by a man who once worked for a security firm at the South Boston complex."

This reads that Teixeira had in his procession the keys to the doctor's penthouse. This keeps getting 'stranger and stranger' if thats even possible.

The poor victims were obviously taken by surprise & defenseless is the only scenario that I can fathom.

:cow:

From the Boston Globe -- interesting ~

Bolaños, a pediatric anesthesiologist at Massachusetts Eye and Ear, had invited a surgeon for dinner Friday night, Dr. Sunil Eappen, her boss at Massachusetts Eye and Ear, told the Globe. But Eappen said she canceled because Field, a doctor at North Shore Pain Management, was not feeling well.

• Also on Friday night, a friend of the doctors received two text messages reporting that an armed man was in their condo and asked that 911 be called, prosecutors have said. The friend called police.

Not really related, but Dr Eappen's son was the baby who died while being cared for by Louise Woodward the British nanny. It was a huge story then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The local prosecutor has gone on record saying that Teixeira worked at the victims building at some point in the past.

http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2017/05/police_alleged_slayer_of_bosto.html

[FONT=&quot]"The 30-year-old Chelsea man shot Friday by police while inside the South Boston penthouse condominium of two slain doctors formerly worked for a security firm used by the complex, Suffolk County Assistant District Attorney John Pappas said."[/FONT]

Not really related, but Dr Eappen's son was the baby who died while being cared for by Louise Woodward the British nanny. It was a huge story then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh wow, really? How sad, another tragedy in her life :(.

Prosecutors have said that robbery may have been Teixeira's motive.

"Prosecutors indicated robbery may be the motive, according to WBZ. However, prosecutors did not specifically use that word during a bizarre court hearing May 8, in which the suspect was arraigned in a hospital bed and never opened his eyes. They did say, though, that he was dressed in black clothes and gloves, and they found a bag of jewelry in the condo that contained what they believe was Bolanos&#8217; jewelry."

http://heavy.com/news/2017/05/bampu...-facebook-lina-bolanos-richard-field-southie/

bbm
But according to his own text message sent to his girlfriend, he was not planning on surviving himself. Why would he need to "burgle" anything? I think he went there to kill them, tear them apart, symbolically in the pictures, and then literally.
"Unrequited love" obsession?

My understanding is that he sent the text to his girlfriend several weeks ago. We don't know that he was planning this murder at that time.

As stated in an earlier post, the reason may have been where as there are so many apartments in that complex, dialing 911 would have not given LE the exact location.
Makes sense to me that he texted his friend instead.

I feel confident that Boston has the latest technology for their Emergency System.

Even in my metro city, which is small compared to Boston, my name, phone number, and address comes up on the dispatcher screen.

Perhaps, he didn't want to take a chance that 911 would call back? This would be good information to know what the procedure is if/when 911 receives a text message. Do they call back or go ahead and dispatch LE??

I know if 911 receives a hang up call, they immediately call back. A second hang up from the same number, the next thing you know LE is at your door. In my area anyways.

He may have put a gun to one of the doctors' ribs outside the condo and walked into the "secure" condos beside the doctor.

Interesting thought. Either way, Teixeira couldn't have walked his victim past the front desk. The building is known to have a 24/7 concierge, who probably doubles as a door man. Here's the building's website, listing amenities:

http://macallenbuildingdorchester.com/

This report states that the building had a front-desk attendant that very night:

[FONT=&quot]"Pappas said police received a call Friday night at 8:38 p.m. from the building's front desk "describing a call they had received from a friend of one of the residents. This concerned friend provided that the resident, Richard Field, sent a text message requesting that police be notified, "that there was a serious situation and that there was a gunman in the apartment belonging to Richard Field.""

[/FONT]
http://www.bostonherald.com/news/lo...or_double_murder_suspect_bound_doctors_killed

The female victim (last name of Bolanos) might have known the perpetrator from an event in the large Portuguese community in the area. Bolanos is also a Spanish name, but many Portuguese and Spanish names can be very similar and some transfer directly.

This community includes not only people from Portugal directly, but other countries with large doses of Portuguese cultural / language influences including Cape Verde and Guinea Bissau.

Though I cant imagine the doctor would knowingly associate with a street criminal, people have reported that the perpetrator could be charming and is a GQ type dresser.

Maybe the met at a community function, became casual friends, and the perpetrator became obsessed with the victim?
According to this link, Lina Bolanos was born in Columbia.
Fact # 3.
http://heavy.com/news/2017/05/lina-...boston-double-murder-doctors-photos-facebook/

I know of a Doctor that associated with many street criminals.
He prescribed Methadone to Heroin addicts that lived in a city outside of Boston.
He was eventually caught for prescribing Morphine to people under false names.
I am not in any way saying this is the case here, but it does happen.

DA slams 'inaccurate' statements in murders, says 'no evidence' suspect knew doctors

"There is no evidence whatsoever, at this stage, to conclude that this defendant had a personal relationship" with the slain doctors, the DA said.

He added there is no reason to explain the crime -- except to add murder "defies rational explanation."

Conley added it is "inaccurate" to say officers responding to the 11th-floor condo at the Dorchester Avenue complex were fired upon, as police first reported.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/lo...lams_inaccurate_statements_in_murders_says_no

The question of the day..... What happened in the two weeks since he got out of jail that would cause him to want to mame and kill these two on such a personal, hateful level?

I feel confident that Boston has the latest technology for their Emergency System.

Even in my metro city, which is small compared to Boston, my name, phone number, and address comes up on the dispatcher screen.

Perhaps, he didn't want to take a chance that 911 would call back? This would be good information to know what the procedure is if/when 911 receives a text message. Do they call back or go ahead and dispatch LE??

I know if 911 receives a hang up call, they immediately call back. A second hang up from the same number, the next thing you know LE is at your door. In my area anyways.
I do know that 911 calls in Massachusetts go directly to the State Police, however, (someone correct me if I am wrong) I believe GPS is used to then track the phone.
Does your name/ address show up using your cell phone, or your landline?
I don't see the point if it does, using your cell.. If you are out shopping, 20 miles away for example, and you dial 911, LE would go to your house.
What if these doctors were issued cell phones from the Hospital in the Hospitals name? Would the police drive to the Hospital if they dialed 911?
The same applies here in Mass, that if you hang up, they call back, and if you don't respond, they will show up.

Does 911 accept texts?

The question of the day..... What happened in the two weeks since he got out of jail that would cause him to want to mame and kill these two on such a personal, hateful level?
Now knowing that he worked at the complex in the past, what if he was fired because the two doctors complained about him at some point in time?
Just a thought.

How'd this guy get caught for the bank robbery? Maybe these two recognized him from surveillance video and called in the tip?

I am stuck wondering if there could have been another person involved that got away:

"As Teixeira was being removed to a waiting ambulance, Pappas said he "told police officers who responded that there was another individual in the building who would open fire if they went in."

I also wonder how it seems so mysterious as to how he gained entry. I would suspect many cameras in a high scale place such as this.

Such a sad, horrible, and bizarre story.

I am stuck wondering if there could have been another person involved that got away:

"As Teixeira was being removed to a waiting ambulance, Pappas said he "told police officers who responded that there was another individual in the building who would open fire if they went in."

I also wonder how it seems so mysterious as to how he gained entry. I would suspect many cameras in a high scale place such as this.

Such a sad, horrible, and bizarre story.

My thought is he didn't want them to go in there and find the dead bodies. Delaying the inevitable.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tici
Back