GUILTY MA - Family & caregiver, 4 murdered with baseball bat, Groton, 8 Sept 2017 *son arrested*

Thankfully Orion has been hospitalized. I shudder to think how things @ Bridgewater are for him. It's basically Jail with meds. I have known people who have gone through that system. They felt like they would have been better off in Gen Pop. That's just MOO.

From what little I know thus far it just doesn't feel like Schizophrenia. I need to find some history. I just don't get an evil feel from him though - it's more than that.
But 4 people are dead from a brutal blunt force trauma. What were the signs, the red flags - was there abuse, etc.?
The Grandparents. Seems that is why he traveled there.
Then he called Mom to get her in there with them. Troubling.
Quite troubling.

JMO

Well they were elderly and he was young and strong and whatever transpired in that home when he walked in must have happened fast. One of the deseased was found outside so had time to run out of the house but not fast enough it seems.
What is so mind boggling is no one could have ever seen this coming from what is being reported so far. A young seemingly smart and talented young man.
I am sure more will come out and I thought that I read his next court date is October?
Being on a tablet I am unable to link anything so thank you again for your help Steleheart.
BBM:

Gifted as well. I always want to just chill with some jazz. How does one go from that talent to killing people?! Something broke, IMO.

Also, could have been drug-induced?

I just read on Boston.com that when he was at the neighbors back door saying he had killed for people he also said that he needed his sleeping pills? I had not seen that before.
Seems something must not have been right for her to call the police right after he left their home stating she was concerned about where he was going. And I wonder why he could not drive his car from the greater Boston area back home to Maine that she needed to go and pick him up? Long ride and then to have to return for the vehicle.
Things are not always as they seem.

Thankfully Orion has been hospitalized. I shudder to think how things @ Bridgewater are for him. It's basically Jail with meds. I have known people who have gone through that system. They felt like they would have been better off in Gen Pop. That's just MOO.

From what little I know thus far it just doesn't feel like Schizophrenia. I need to find some history. I just don't get an evil feel from him though - it's more than that.
But 4 people are dead from a brutal blunt force trauma. What were the signs, the red flags - was there abuse, etc.?
The Grandparents. Seems that is why he traveled there.
Then he called Mom to get her in there with them. Troubling.
Quite troubling.

JMO

His mom gave him a ride home from Boston and together they traveled to his grandparents home.

"After his mother picked him up, they visited his grandparents at their home in Groton, Ryan said. There, he attacked the four adults, Ryan said."

There must have been something going on prior, for her to have called the police the day before just because "he left home", and also, he refers to sleeping pills so he may have been getting treatment of some kind?

This is so horribly sad. I feel certain that more will come out regarding his mental state, but he sounded shocked and frightened by his own behavior to me.

Following.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I hope for the sake of his father, sister and brother that he had a psychotic break related to a medical issue whether it be schizophrenia or a reaction to a medication. If it was from recreational drugs or just plain evil certainly adds to their grief.

Alexander Krause, the father of Orion Krause has asked that police report be impounded. Sorry cant link but story is on masslive.
Everyone is still in complete disbelief how this could have happened. This poor family.

what does that mean? that he wants it unavailable to the public?

Alexander Krause, the father of Orion Krause has asked that police report be impounded. Sorry cant link but story is on masslive.
Everyone is still in complete disbelief how this could have happened. This poor family.

who was the caregiver? and was s/he Orion's or the mother's or the grandparent's caregiver?

who was the caregiver? and was s/he Orion's or the mother's or the grandparent's caregiver?

According to early articles on the thread she was the grandparents’ caregiver. I believe Orion and his mother stopped by to see the grandparents on the way home from Boston where his mother picked Orion up.

I don't know how I missed this the first time around. I work in Groton and this was quite a shock.

Do you mean sealed?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

what does that mean? that he wants it unavailable to the public?

Yes. I believe he said right now they are still trying to deal with having just buried a family and they do not want to see the gory details public at the moment.
It is times like this I really hate my tablet but it is all I have. It can be read on masslive. There is also an interview with one of his babysitters when he was young. She cant believe it either. No one has said so far that there were any signs past or present.There seems to only be disbelief.
And yes the caregiver was in her 60's and there for Orion's grandparents. I believe she was from Louisiana. She might have been a live-in but I am not sure on that.
For some reason once his mother picked him up near Boston instead of driving directly to Maine they stopped there on the way and all we know is Orion murdered them all.
Orion did make a phone call to one of his college professors which prompted the professor to call LE. I think the phone call was made while he was in the Boston area......The professor did not want his name released and what the phone call was about has not been disclosed yet.

We need a link here TF. Do you have it?

ETA: NM, I found one - Orion Krause's father says family is 'devastated' after Groton quadruple murder, asks for police report to remain impounded

Judge Margaret Guzman allowed the impoundment following Krause's arraignment on Sept. 11. On Wednesday, she ruled that a redacted version of the report should be made available to the public. That report is being held until 11 a.m. on Friday, the deadline for Wayland to appeal the decision.

However, Wayland and Krause's family want the report to remain impounded.

Why did his mom call the police the first time? I feel like I'm missing something.

This is heartbreaking. He is at a prime age for schizophrenia to emerge.

https://psychcentral.com/blog/archi...hrenia-usually-strikes-first-in-young-adults/

While schizophrenics are more likely to kill themselves, murder is also a risk. Parents don't always know what to do initially. It sounds as if his mother recognized a problem and tried to alert LE. But she probably felt he was more a danger to himself. Getting help is extremely difficult as this article shows.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/schizophrenia-diary/201101/schizophrenia-and-violence

If someone with schizophrenia murders, it is more likely to be a family member than a stranger and usually occurs before treatment has started. This article makes the point that having to show that a person is a danger to themselves or others is a barrier to getting early help.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-s...a-rarely-kill-strangers-idUSTRE59K4J620091021

In no way are most schizophrenic sufferers violent, but it's difficult to predict who will be. I feel very sorry for Orion and his remaining family if these murders occurred because of undiagnosed mental illness that suddenly appeared. It's tragic all around. :(

He looks just like my younger brother , who at the same age, suddenly had an onset of paranoid schizophrenia. He had never been troubled or violent, and was training with the US ski team, trying to make the olympics. His girlfriend called my Mom and said he was acting strangely and she wanted him to leave her home, where they had been living together.

He finally called Mom and sounded sad, said he was just stressed out and was going home for awhile. And it became clear very fast that he was not OK. At one point he took some of my Mom's antique furniture out back and began hitting them with ice picks and hammers. :eek:

He admitted to hearing voices and was in and out of hospitals for many years.

I always worried that he was going to do something horrible, like in this case. Not because he was violent. Only because he had delusions, and he was convinced that certain strangers he'd see were actually CIA spies coming to get him. He had been arrested a few times for verbally attacking others, but never assaulted anyone. But it worried me until his recent death. :rose:

Why did his mom call the police the first time? I feel like I'm missing something.

His mom gave him a ride home from Boston and together they traveled to his grandparents home.

"After his mother picked him up, they visited his grandparents at their home in Groton, Ryan said. There, he attacked the four adults, Ryan said."

There must have been something going on prior, for her to have called the police the day before just because "he left home", and also, he refers to sleeping pills so he may have been getting treatment of some kind?

This is so horribly sad. I feel certain that more will come out regarding his mental state, but he sounded shocked and frightened by his own behavior to me.

My brother began using sleeping pills because the voices in his head would not allow him to sleep. And when he was in his manic phase of the disease, he wouldn't sleep for days unless he was drugged.

I think the mom was realizing he was having mental health issues. It is such a startling experience, to see your talented, healthy grown son, suddenly acting so strange.

I was called home by mom to come and help her figure out what was going on with my little brother. She was hoping he was doing LSD or something. It was the early 70's and we were in the Bay Area of northern Cali, so it seemed possible. I really wish that was what it was.

So sorry katy and that the two sound similar.

What I have read so far is that no one can believe he did this, they cant seem to wrap their heads around it.

So sorry katy and that the two sound similar.

What I have read so far is that no one can believe he did this, they cant seem to wrap their heads around it.

That's how it happens. My mom was in a support group for parents with mentally ill dependents---it is a very hard road.

The initial stage is SHOCK. Her youngest son was handsome, popular, super athletic, funny and sweet and sentimental. We never ever had a clue of what was suddenly going to blindside us.

The voices in the he'd and the delusions and paranoia become so strong that it is hard to overcome them. My brother was absolutely certain that my husband was part of the evil CIA who were trying to take over his mind. I think it is because I began dating him around the time my Brother had his first mental breakdown. And my husband was the 'new face' in our tight family.

Over the years he made death threats towards my husband. It was frightening. I had him hospitalized a few times on the strength of the phone messages he left about the delusions. But they never kept him for longer than a few weeks.

I really believe that this young man might have had a psychotic break. And for some irrational reason, he may believed his elderly relatives were cyborgs or aliens and he needed to take them out. JMO But I have spent a lot of time at halfway houses, meeting housemates of my brother, And the voices they have heard and the things they believe are unreal to us, but totally real to them.

I'm sorry for the loss of your brother, Katy.

I do agree that this situation sounds very similar in terms of a psychotic break.

A redacted version of the indictment is due to be released this morning.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back