GUILTY MA - Family & caregiver, 4 murdered with baseball bat, Groton, 8 Sept 2017 *son arrested*

From Boston.com -

Police release records on Groton quadruple homicide

Edward Wayland, Krause’s lawyer, had fought the release of the records, saying they should remain closed to protect his client’s right to a fair trial and the privacy interests of his family. But a judge said Wednesday that some records could be made public, following a challenge from media outlets.

I feel there is sommething odd here.

"All who interacted with Krause that evening portray him as being calm and obedient. Others detail the discovery of personal items, like shoes and clothes, scattered around the house on Common Street and in the nearby woods."
http://bangordailynews.com/2017/09/...-quadruple-slaying-case-offer-grisly-details/

I find it odd that an adult man of 22 would be described as "obedient". Obedient to whom? In what context?

If he has ongoing mental/ emotional issues I could see " Docile" or " Compliant" with those who provide care and help for him.

Obedient says something else to me.

JMO

I feel there is sommething odd here.

"All who interacted with Krause that evening portray him as being calm and obedient. Others detail the discovery of personal items, like shoes and clothes, scattered around the house on Common Street and in the nearby woods."
http://bangordailynews.com/2017/09/...-quadruple-slaying-case-offer-grisly-details/

I find it odd that an adult man of 22 would be described as "obedient". Obedient to whom? In what context?

If he has ongoing mental/ emotional issues I could see " Docile" or " Compliant" with those who provide care and help for him.

Obedient says something else to me.

JMO

I also found that to sound odd and chalked it up to their chioce of words. As far as his clothes thrown all over I will surmise that after he beat them all to death he ran outside, stripped and wiped himself down with mud. I remember initially thinking that when it was stated that he was naked and full of mud that it was some sort of way that he felt he needed to cleanse himself if that makes any sense. None of this ever makes sense!!!!

I was just thinking, obediant sounds like something LE would say?? Like someone that has control of him? He was obediant.

I knew a lot people who were battling schizophrenia. When I first visited my brother at his group home, I was surprised at how quiet and polite his roomies were. We sat at the lunch table and everyone was calm and measured. I was glad to see that everything seemed so in control.

But eventually I learned, from what my brother explained, that he often sat in silence because there was so much going on inside his head---so many voices and commands---that it was easier to just block everything out, and sit quietly, than to try and engage a person in real conversation.

And I also learned that it was EXHAUSTING for him to do that. He could only block out the inner voices for so long until he'd have a meltdown. He had to sleep or be alone so he could acknowledge them. Sometimes he would implode if he had to try and stay rational and reserved for too long.

I was just thinking, obediant sounds like something LE would say?? Like someone that has control of him? He was obediant.

Control. yes. Maybe he didn't want to be controlled. We just don't know what was going on with him.

I think my guess has been correct:

Musician accused in quadruple murder told police: "I freed them"

A recent college graduate charged with fatally beating his mother, grandparents and their caretaker with a baseball bat told authorities he "freed them," according to police reports released Friday.

Orion Krause, 22, was naked and covered in mud and cuts when officers found him at a neighbor's house, according to the documents. He allegedly told officers: "I murdered four people." After police wrapped him in a sheet, he began to sing quietly, according to the records.

He is being held without bail at a mental health facility, pending a competency evaluation.

Krause also told a nurse during a medical evaluation that he uses heroin, the records said.

Wayland said Friday that Krause's "mental state at the time of his arrest is an open question."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/man-accused-in-quadruple-murder-told-police-i-freed-them/

In my experience, heroin does not make someone kill their mother and grandparents with a baseball bat, and then tell LE that they 'were freed.'

The heroin just exacerbated what was going on emotionally and mentally. JMO

Also:
DA: Oberlin grad made "concerning" phone call, killed 4 at grandparents' home

A recent college graduate made a "concerning" phone call before allegedly killing his mother, grandparents and a caregiver at a Massachusetts home Friday, officials said Monday.

"Our investigation reveals that at some point late on Friday afternoon, Mr. Krause made a phone call to an individual that is known to him and made statements that were concerning – concerning enough that that individual began to reach out to family members," Ryan said.

Shortly after the phone call, the four victims were apparently attacked. Police then received calls from a neighbor of the grandparents and also from family members that had been contacted by the person Krause called, Ryan said.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/da-con...ecent-grad-killed-4-at-his-grandparents-home/

I predict he will be declared mentally ill.

I appreciate your experienced input Katy, and I’m sorry you and your family had such an awful experience with your dear brother. My first thought was schizophrenia and still is. I agree that Orion will be declared mentally ill.

I haven’t had up close experience like you, but my very bright musically talented cousin developed it in his 20’s (now 73) and a classmate of my daughter’s (now 47), who was voted most likely to succeed, did too. It’s interesting that both were smoking very strong marijuana before it developed. I’ve often wondered if it tipped the balance in their particular brains, but I haven’t researched it.

I appreciate your experienced input Katy, and I’m sorry you and your family had such an awful experience with your dear brother. My first thought was schizophrenia and still is. I agree that Orion will be declared mentally ill.

I haven’t had up close experience like you, but my very bright musically talented cousin developed it in his 20’s (now 73) and a classmate of my daughter’s (now 47), who was voted most likely to succeed, did too. It’s interesting that both were smoking very strong marijuana before it developed. I’ve often wondered if it tipped the balance in their particular brains, but I haven’t researched it.

That could be true about the pot.

My brother smoked a bit, but not much because he was training. And the pot wasn't that strong back in the 70's.

But his doctors believed that it may have been caused by the head injuries he had from downhill racing.

I think my guess has been correct:

Musician accused in quadruple murder told police: "I freed them"

A recent college graduate charged with fatally beating his mother, grandparents and their caretaker with a baseball bat told authorities he "freed them," according to police reports released Friday.

Orion Krause, 22, was naked and covered in mud and cuts when officers found him at a neighbor's house, according to the documents. He allegedly told officers: "I murdered four people." After police wrapped him in a sheet, he began to sing quietly, according to the records.

He is being held without bail at a mental health facility, pending a competency evaluation.

Krause also told a nurse during a medical evaluation that he uses heroin, the records said.

Wayland said Friday that Krause's "mental state at the time of his arrest is an open question."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/man-accused-in-quadruple-murder-told-police-i-freed-them/

In my experience, heroin does not make someone kill their mother and grandparents with a baseball bat, and then tell LE that they 'were freed.'

The heroin just exacerbated what was going on emotionally and mentally. JMO

Also:
DA: Oberlin grad made "concerning" phone call, killed 4 at grandparents' home

A recent college graduate made a "concerning" phone call before allegedly killing his mother, grandparents and a caregiver at a Massachusetts home Friday, officials said Monday.

"Our investigation reveals that at some point late on Friday afternoon, Mr. Krause made a phone call to an individual that is known to him and made statements that were concerning – concerning enough that that individual began to reach out to family members," Ryan said.

Shortly after the phone call, the four victims were apparently attacked. Police then received calls from a neighbor of the grandparents and also from family members that had been contacted by the person Krause called, Ryan said.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/da-con...ecent-grad-killed-4-at-his-grandparents-home/

I predict he will be declared mentally ill.

Actually, the heroin may have been how he was controlling things and seemed mostly normal. As a central nervous system depressant, perhaps it helped calm him.

People can be pretty good at hiding small signs in the beginning.

Orion Krause, accused of killing his mother and grandparents, found competent to stand trial but will remain at mental health Hospital
A 40-day mental health evaluation determined that Orion Krause -- who is accused of killing his mother, grandparents and their caretaker in Groton -- is competent to stand trial, but the 22-year-old will remain at Bridgewater State Hospital.

Records of the mental health evaluation will remain sealed for now, Judge Margaret Guzman ordered in Ayer District Court on Friday. She allowed for Krause to remain held at the hospital.

Thank you for the updates, have not checked on this in a few weeks.
Another very sad one.

Update?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought if I remember it was December 15, I will see what I can find.

In one article, it does say Dec 15, but I couldn’t find any update for yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can not find a thing either and checked again today. Nothing is coming up for me.

Still checking on this and have found nothing. He should have already been to at least another court appearance seeing as he was found fit or in the least have a date set??

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox
Back