MA MA - Sandra Crispo, 54, Hanson, 7 Aug 2019 #3

The missing sheet is the bit that bothers me.
But then again, Sandra's daughter stated this, so who knows what to believe.
It must have been actually missing off the bed for her to have noticed this.

We still have no context for this, assuming it was off the bed. Was the bed made when this was observed? Did Sandra normally make her bed every day? Or did she leave it unmade? Was she fastidious about making sure top and bottom sheets were both always on the bed?

The boys were there right until Sandra left for the mechanics. Did they take naps in Sandra's bed? If a child had an accident, I do not believe Sandra had laundry in her house. What would she have done with soiled linens? Laundry bag? Basket? Were these checked?

Personally, I can't give much consideration to such a small fragment of information without such context. And I come back again to the conclusion of law enforcement that there were no signs of struggle in the house.

We still have no context for this, assuming it was off the bed. Was the bed made when this was observed? Did Sandra normally make her bed every day? Or did she leave it unmade? Was she fastidious about making sure top and bottom sheets were both always on the bed?

The boys were there right until Sandra left for the mechanics. Did they take naps in Sandra's bed? If a child had an accident, I do not believe Sandra had laundry in her house. What would she have done with soiled linens? Laundry bag? Basket? Were these checked?

Personally, I can't give much consideration to such a small fragment of information without such context. And I come back again to the conclusion of law enforcement that there were no signs of struggle in the house.
Her daughter said the sheet was not found anywhere in the house. Hadn't heard that she had no washer in her house. Forensics had been in after that , blood droplets were found, but not whose they are have been released. In her bedroom. Don't know what LE has figured out since then. Just waiting till anything can be made public once things have been finally determined. LE: State police detectives, other than Hanson PD are investigating and only they know at this point what has happened or what they've put together and who's involved possibly. Otherwise, we wait as well, so long it's been.

Who said s didn't have laundry in her house. I would think Laina would have mentioned that as it is something where someone could have been following her from or a place of interest but l never mentioned laundrymat. I doubt s took her clothes to a laundry mat! Esp living with her father all those years the last thing in your 50's you would want to do is lug laundry around. I heard a documentary or podcast is coming out. Has anyone else? Heard it was scheduled for April along with a big search.

Last edited:
Forensics had been in after that , blood droplets were found, but not whose they are have been released.

That's the bit I find frustrating.
And didn't Sandra's daughter find something under a wardrobe or cupboard....or was that the blood?

That's the bit I find frustrating.
And didn't Sandra's daughter find something under a wardrobe or cupboard....or was that the blood?
Said that she found bit of blood under the mattress /bed. was not clear. Very frustrating, yes. LE would have hopefully used luminol in the house and lab testing of anything they brought out of the house in their investigation. They had gone in at a later time when I believe were called back by daughter. Others had been in the house though since the day she was reported missing, so not sure if things were disrupted. It was never taped off as a crime scene. Just a missing person.

As I recall, the inside lights of her house were reportedly still on the next day, which would indicate that she left the house after 19.50hrs (as this is sunset time for 7th August). So as it was dark for 20.00hrs, she must've put lights on before that time.

So, whoever went into her house would've been seen by Sandra face to face. No creeping about with flashlights in the dark.

And no sign of a struggle.

Which would indicate that she knew them....??

As I recall, the inside lights of her house were reportedly still on the next day, which would indicate that she left the house after 19.50hrs (as this is sunset time for 7th August). So as it was dark for 20.00hrs, she must've put lights on before that time.

So, whoever went into her house would've been seen by Sandra face to face. No creeping about with flashlights in the dark.

And no sign of a struggle.

Which would indicate that she knew them....??
Yes, Sandra would of seen them. She left either way with her bag and shoes. Those are missing along with her. She was either fully dressed when taken after being dropped off, if she made it into the house or the perps took those along, which I can't imagine why.
Her bag missing is more of interest as maybe she didn't kick her shoes off right off if was going to take the dog out for a walk or in the yard. Or, to look like , or she did, go off with someone she knew. I wonder if her house was not bright and sun blocked by big house on other side, so she switched them on, if made it in.
I def believe she knew the people/ person, or did not make it inside. Nothing public about anyone saying they saw her getting out of the truck and the shouts of goodbye to the grands and vice versa. So key.

Said that she found bit of blood under the mattress /bed. was not clear. Very frustrating, yes. LE would have hopefully used luminol in the house and lab testing of anything they brought out of the house in their investigation.

I agree; one would think that would be a very basic thing to do and if enough blood was indicated, this would have been deemed a crime scene, which it apparently has not been. I thought daughter said it was a small "spray" of blood, but it could have been droplets, not sure. But either way, how would a very small quantity of blood find it's way under a mattress and box spring, both of which were free of any blood stains? And why such a tiny amount if somehow Sandra was attacked in her bed as such a finding might indicate?

My guess is that LE thinks whatever was found is unrelated to Sandra's disappearance, but hopefully someday we'll know more.

There are so many what ifs in this case. I have been thinking a lot about the zillion different variations and possible scenarios. It would seem by this point and time, there is little hope that Sandra Crispo is alive. The things that I keep turning over in my head regarding her disappearance and most have all been pretty much discussed in the thread.

Sandra left that house voluntarily or involuntarily.
She either left that house with someone she knew personally or who was at minimum an acquaintance, or with someone who was an absolute stranger to her.
If she went out for a walk she could have been abducted
Perhaps if she was out walking and someone accidentally struck her with their vehicle and panicked, they could have taken her with the intent of bringing her to the hospital or anywhere for medical help and she passed away (I know this seems far fetched, but it happens)... and then they left her someplace where she was out of view.
The probability (if she was abducted and murdered) of her body being anywhere near her home is slim (at least IMHO).
Perhaps someone in her life was monitoring her movements since the relocation to Hanson
A stranger who knew she lived in that house alone since moving to Hanson had been monitoring her schedule and movements

I also wonder since her purchase and subsequent moving into the house, had any service people (power company, TV cable, gas, oil, solar) been to the house and knew she lived there alone? What about solicitors in the neighborhood fundraising or selling things? It is plausible that someone could have come to her home and spoken with her.

She watched her grandkids at the house. What about someone (a stranger) approaching the kids in the yard and having a confrontation with Sandra over it. According to the sex offenders registry, there are several sex offenders (Level 2 & 3) within minutes of 47 Spofford Ave by foot. I would surmise that LE have spoken to these individuals long ago. There is a level 3 offender three minutes from the 47 Spofford Avenue residence. Not saying these individuals had absolutely anything to do with her disappearance, but it does come to mind. Especially since she watched her grandkids at the house.

So many people are either abducted and/or murdered by someone they know, at least on the level of an acquaintance. Has the Plymouth County DA's office, Hanson PD or any other LE agency held a recent press conference to announce Sandra's disappearance and the investigation as ongoing?

My heart breaks for Sandra's daughter, son, son-in-law, grandkids and the family. But it seems like someone in the family has to know more about any disconnect, feuding over property or money....something that could somehow help investigators find Sandra.

There is a person or person's out there who took Sandra with them from that house willingly or by force, or had interaction with her between the time when her son-in-law dropped her off at 47 Spofford and when she vanished...and who probably knows where her body is. I truly wish they could come forward and give Sandra's family so closure. She didn't vanish off the face of the earth. She is out there somewhere.

Thanks for posting this. Laina mentions greed as motive for whatever happened to Sandra so did or would these people financially gain from her being gone, if not IMO that makes no sense
That's a good question. Was her disappearance all about family money? People who did not benefit financially from Sandra's father's estate? Were there any family members cut from the will at some point by the father? Who stood to gain financially if something happened to Sandra?

If you look back at this article from 2019....

Police chief: 'We have nothing' on missing woman

"When asked what she thinks happened, McMahon says she thinks someone in the neighborhood is either responsible, or, at the very least, saw something. "......

Her mother had just moved to the neighborhood. What might make her think someone in the neighborhood is responsible for Sandra's disappearance? Did Sandra have an argument, altercation or interaction with anyone in the neighborhood?

Was Sandra's dog the type that would have gone after or fought at anyone who was trying to remove her from the house?

On Monday, Miksch said the department has searched areas she could have walked to and do not think she is still in the area. So, in 2019, Hanson PD didn't feel Sandra was still in the area based on where she could have walked to on foot from the 47 Spofford Ave residence?

“We have nothing. We are no more along than we were on day one," Miksch said Monday. "Obviously, someone disappearing is suspicious in and of itself, but there are no signs of foul play, nothing out of the ordinary at her house. We just don’t know."

Why would he state that in 2019, there we no signs of foul play, nothing out of the ordinary at her house? The family knew her personality well, so they could best determine if there were things out of the norm in the house when they went in.

I also wonder about the timeline to this case:

Sandra's father Stephen passed away in January 2019.
Stephen's home at 257 Winthrop Street, Quincy MA was sold for $385,000 in April 2019
Sandra purchased the 47 Spofford Street residence in Hanson for $240,000 - April 2019
Sandra disappeared on August 7, 2019

That's her perception of what transpired and why. Remember, this is her beliefs not facts. Someone else or others might of had a different motive, yes to rob money from Sandra is one theory or something of great value. No one is arrested at this time / nor talking.
Agreed

I also wonder about the timeline to this case:

Sandra's father Stephen passed away in January 2019.
Stephen's home at 257 Winthrop Street, Quincy MA was sold for $385,000 in April 2019
Sandra purchased the 47 Spofford Street residence in Hanson for $240,000 - April 2019
Sandra disappeared on August 7, 2019
According to the death cert posted, Stephen died in January 2018.

According to the death cert posted, Stephen died in January 2018.
Sandra bought Hanson in April 2019. 1/22/2018 father died (obit). His house was sold a few months before April, then her daughter bought the Hanson house with Sandra's proceeds. Daughter and Sandra's name on Hanson house.
The father's house had Sandra's name on it and she did receive that. Did the death certificate say what the father died of? It's good to read the comments in the Search for Sandra Crispo and not take one sided narrative of entire case/ story. Things will come out when LE is able to make their arrest/s. No body at this point is their issue. It's worked on and complex and no one is talking that they need to hear from, mainly the truth. Keep your eyes on it.

If you look back at this article from 2019....

Police chief: 'We have nothing' on missing woman

"When asked what she thinks happened, McMahon says she thinks someone in the neighborhood is either responsible, or, at the very least, saw something. "......

Her mother had just moved to the neighborhood. What might make her think someone in the neighborhood is responsible for Sandra's disappearance? Did Sandra have an argument, altercation or interaction with anyone in the neighborhood?

Was Sandra's dog the type that would have gone after or fought at anyone who was trying to remove her from the house?

On Monday, Miksch said the department has searched areas she could have walked to and do not think she is still in the area. So, in 2019, Hanson PD didn't feel Sandra was still in the area based on where she could have walked to on foot from the 47 Spofford Ave residence?

“We have nothing. We are no more along than we were on day one," Miksch said Monday. "Obviously, someone disappearing is suspicious in and of itself, but there are no signs of foul play, nothing out of the ordinary at her house. We just don’t know."

Why would he state that in 2019, there we no signs of foul play, nothing out of the ordinary at her house? The family knew her personality well, so they could best determine if there were things out of the norm in the house when they went in.
My first thought on that comment that no signs of foul play and nothing out of the ordinary. His perception only. Daughter would know. Things did change though over time with DA/ detectives. Daughter had them come back and see the blood drops she found. So, those were obtained to be tested and if a felon, their DNA would be on file. That would have to be people in question though to be tested. Legally. LE has all that info. Crime scenes don't have to be blatantly obvious, which at least would of given LE the ability to call it a crime scene, also, true info on things in family leading up to her gone, not just a simple grannie. I def feel that is what Sandra wanted to be now that she had that ability to.

It seems like the same theories keep getting repeated. Anyone familiar with Occam's Razor knows that the simplest answer may be the right answer. If you look at solved cases, the solution is often blatantly obvious after the fact. It's not that complicated. The hard part after solving the crime is getting enough evidence to convict.

There is no evidence that this was a burglary (nothing stolen).

While there may be all kinds of theories on why SC left her house and disappeared, none make any sense, except abduction. However, there was no ransom request. And it's highly unlikely that someone of SC's age would be abducted for any other reason.

The only disturbance appears to be to the bed. The mattress was out of place and bedsheet(s) were MISSING. This seems to indicate a possible rape followed by removal of DNA evidence.

The usual suspects are people close to the victim. However, it sounds like those have been ruled out. While it's possible that this was purely random, that is very unlikely. The perp could then be someone who SC ran into "recently."

Who might have just seen SC earlier that day and decided she would be his rape victim that evening? See where this is going?

Here's the scenario. The perp works at the car shop where SC just dropped off her car. He may have overheard small talk going on between SC, her son-in-law and grandchildren similar to: "I'll take you home." "Laina will drop the boys off at your house on Friday." You get the idea? The perp learns that SC lives alone. He looks at the work order and sees her address. That evening he goes to SC's house and easily gains entry by giving her some story: "Your car is ready, and I can take you to pick it up now if you like." Door opens to continue the conversation.

The perp rapes SC or at least attempts to. Perhaps SC fought back while he was on top of her in bed. Perhaps he then decided to strangle her even though he had no prior intent on doing that. Perhaps he wore a face covering that came off and SC blurted that out, "You're one of the guys from the shop." Now his crime has escalated from rape to homicide. Fast, think!

How to get rid of the evidence? Remove the bedsheet which has his DNA. Remove SC's body which also has his DNA. This guy is smart enough to realize that to make the house not look like a crime scene, he needs to also grab SC's shoes and purse to make it look like she left the house. This way, when she turns up missing, it will appear that something happened to SC away from the house. This is exactly what happened with the police. They did NOT label the house as a crime scene. Hence, all the crazy theories about running away, suicide, etc., none of which make sense.

I'm sure the detectives looked at this type of scenario or variations thereof. Why no arrest? Not enough evidence to convict. If they haven't considered the perp possibly being from the car shop, shame on them! They should read this thread. QED

I look forward to comments, feedback, and holes in this scenario.

Last edited:
It seems like the same theories keep getting repeated. Anyone familiar with Occam's Razor knows that the simplest answer may be the right answer. If you look at solved cases, the solution is often blatantly obvious after the fact. It's not that complicated. The hard part after solving the crime is getting enough evidence to convict.

While there may be all kinds of theories on why SC left her house and disappeared, none make any sense, except abduction. However, there was no ransom request. And it's highly unlikely that someone of SC's age would be abducted for any other reason.

The only disturbance appears to be to the bed. The mattress was out of place and bedsheet(s) were MISSING. This seems to indicate a possible rape followed by removal of DNA evidence.

The usual suspects are people close to the victim. However, it sounds like those have been ruled out. While it's possible that this was purely random, that is very unlikely. The perp could then be someone who SC ran into "recently."

Who might have just seen SC earlier that day and decided she would be his rape victim that evening? See where this is going?

Here's the scenario. The perp works at the car shop where SC just dropped off her car. He may have overheard small talk going on between SC, her son-in-law and grandchildren similar to: "I'll take you home." "Laina will drop the boys off at your house on Friday." You get the idea? The perp learns that SC lives alone. He looks at the work order and sees her address. That evening he goes to SC's house and easily gains entry by giving her some story: "Your car is ready, and I can take you to pick it up now if you like." Door opens to continue the conversation.

The perp rapes SC or at least attempts to. Perhaps SC fought back while he was on top of her in bed. Perhaps he then decided to strangle her even though he had no prior intent on doing that. Perhaps he wore a face covering that came off and SC blurted that out, "You're one of the guys from the shop." Now his crime has escalated from rape to homicide. Fast, think!

How to get rid of the evidence? Remove the bedsheet which has his DNA. Remove SC's body which also has his DNA. This guy is smart enough to realize that to make the house not look like a crime scene, he needs to also grab SC's shoes and purse to make it look like she left the house. This way, when she turns up missing, it will appear that something happened to SC away from the house. This is exactly what happened with the police. They did NOT label the house as a crime scene. Hence, all the crazy theories about running away, suicide, etc., none of which make sense.

I'm sure the detectives looked at this type of scenario or variations thereof. Why no arrest? Not enough evidence to convict. If they haven't considered the perp possibly being from the car shop, shame on them! They should read this thread. QED

I forgot to add that when the perp went to SC's house, he most likely did not introduce himself as being from the car shop. Rather, he likely used some other ruse to get her to open the door. "My car broke down. Can I use your phone?" is just one such example.

Her family said that everyone at the car repair shop had been looked into and ruled out by police. Of course, police don't always reveal everything that they know. So I guess a possibility remains that your idea could be true.

However, my opinion after following every shred of information in this case over the years - some of which can be brought into the thread and some of which cannot - this does have a simple explanation, but it's not sexual assault.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back