MA - Sara, 38, Madison, 8, James, 6, Michael Bermudez, 2, slain, W Brookfield, Mar'18 *Arrest*

Sounds to me like somebody that is floundering after the loss of his family...It must be a terrible thing to go through. Seems that he needs help and is looking for it in the wrong way. Must be lonely in that house all alone.

Anger, in the 5 stages of grief, can be quite defeating. Frustration, seeking blame, etc., may be getting him into trouble. Substance abuse, isolation, lashing out, inappropriate relationships - all common, IMO. I hope he can get some help with it.
At this point, for our discussions he is a victim unless other info comes to light.

Five Stages of Grief by Elisabeth Kubler Ross & David Kessler

Wow...just wow. I think this is just the information they needed. What do you think @MassGuy ? Nothing like digging your own hole.
Wow! I missed this. So this guy, just months after the massacre of his family, is drunkenly hitting on a young woman. I know that people grieve in different ways, but this is just bizarre. And to think, he’s living in the very house where his family died. I initially thought that he was involved, until this Matthew Locke character appeared. I still believe that Locke did it, but I do wonder if it was a murder-for-hire. Maybe Locke wasn’t paid, and that’s why he ran his mouth and got himself into trouble. I could understand being belligerently drunk and getting into it with someone, but the fact that he was trying to pick up this lady, rubs me the wrong way. JMO.

This is what makes me feel badly for him;
The woman told police she told Mr. Bermudez, whom she referred to as “Moe,” that he could not sit with her and that she did not respond when he made remarks about her being cute. He asked her where she lived and her age, she told police.
He went on to make sexually suggestive comments and invited her to his home, telling her he had been a millionaire but had lost everything, court documents show.
Moses Bermudez, whose family was slain in West Brookfield, charged in disturbance at pizza shop

It's a small town and people know him. She called him Moe. Maybe with a family, his home, job Etc he was happy, maybe he felt like a millionaire. It's true he lost everything but it wasn't money.

It was the burning that gets to me though. It was unnecessary. Burning a dead body is very personal - a kind of rage IMO. I don't think it had to do with destroying evidence. I can see where people want to go with it but we don't have any facts. Personally I would rather err on the side of compassion.

JMO

This is what makes me feel badly for him;

Moses Bermudez, whose family was slain in West Brookfield, charged in disturbance at pizza shop

It's a small town and people know him. She called him Moe. Maybe with a family, his home, job Etc he was happy, maybe he felt like a millionaire. It's true he lost everything but it wasn't money.

It was the burning that gets to me though. It was unnecessary. Burning a dead body is very personal - a kind of rage IMO. I don't think it had to do with destroying evidence. I can see where people want to go with it but we don't have any facts. Personally I would rather err on the side of compassion.

JMO
I see the burning of the bodies as simply an effort to conceal evidence. That sort of thing happens every day, as arson definitely complicates all types of investigations. The perpetrator likely tried to burn the whole house down, and failed.

Was just
I was just coming in to post this one. I can err on the side of compassion with MB but I have still have a feeling he was mixed up with the wrong crowd, a crowd with Locke. I don’t know. It was good to see something pop up about this case, but this did not put MB in a good light whatsoever. And if he is truly grieving - that’s just awful. JMO

Was just

I was just coming in to post this one. I can err on the side of compassion with MB but I have still have a feeling he was mixed up with the wrong crowd, a crowd with Locke. I don’t know. It was good to see something pop up about this case, but this did not put MB in a good light whatsoever. And if he is truly grieving - that’s just awful. JMO
I agree completely with everything you said. The whole thing raises questions, maybe it’s nothing but then again, maybe not.

His wife and children were brutally murdered in that house. Their bodies were burned. And now he’s living there and inviting people over. This just does NOT sit right with me! Like there has to be somewhere else he could be living. Personally I could never go back in that house again!

His wife and children were brutally murdered in that house. Their bodies were burned. And now he’s living there and inviting people over. This just does NOT sit right with me! Like there has to be somewhere else he could be living. Personally I could never go back in that house again!
I agree but different folks, different strokes. I know I wouldn’t be living there! A friend of mine lost her fiancee to suicide and had to move. But men are different than women too. Things sometimes affect them differently. As far as Websleuths goes, he is still considered a victim, not a suspect. So sad that there isn’t any more info. I was just checking tonight.

I know they probably had many very happy memories in that house as a family and maybe that’s what’s keeping him there. Still strange and seems kind of counterproductive to the healing process for him.

I wish they would release new information, something anything! We never heard if any DNA was found but didn’t the MA State Police swab Locke in jail? Was that even related to this case or the other he may be involved in?

I know they probably had many very happy memories in that house as a family and maybe that’s what’s keeping him there. Still strange and seems kind of counterproductive to the healing process for him.

I wish they would release new information, something anything! We never heard if any DNA was found but didn’t the MA State Police swab Locke in jail? Was that even related to this case or the other he may be involved in?
From what I read, those DNA swabs were related to both murder cases. I wouldn’t be surprised if we hear about charges in that first murder case (man beaten to death in his girlfriend’s couch) before this one. As we all know, the justice system is slow, and the DA’s office has no reason to rush, with Locke on ice for the time being.

Is he a public defender or Lockes personal lawyer?

Also if Moses really wanted to be a bachelor. Then why didn't he go back to California and live that lifestyle?

Why stay in that small town in the same house
I looked it up and he was appointed by the court, so public defender. The Moses thing is very strange, and I don’t know what to make of it.

I looked it up and he was appointed by the court, so public defender. The Moses thing is very strange, and I don’t know what to make of it.
I wonder if he is collecting some type of funds to support himself. Some states have leave programs thats like unemployment benefits for those who lost loved ones. I know California has it. Its a bereavement leave or something that covers 6 months for the birth of your child or the death of your children or spouse. Idk.

Maybe he just needs to drown his sorrows.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74
Back