MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
:welcome:

I just made my first post to Web Sleuth's on page 2. Can someone please confirm that it worked? I am freaked out about this. I literally drove down Brook Station Road with my kids at 2:40 on that day. It gives me chills that I was so close to something so horrible. I have racked my brain and talked to my kids about what they saw and we have come up with nothing. No Jogger, Struggle, or anything strange. Can't recall if their was a car in that area. If have friends and family in Princeton and we all love the outdoors. He needs to be caught soon.

I am sorry your community is having to go through this.
Welcome to the thread for Vanessa!

jmo

Her mother lived on Brook Station Road, so I think it's been confirmed that she was running on this road. Nothing about her driving to another spot for her jog. The day it happened someone on Facebook said her phone last pinged at the mountain barn which is about 2 miles away, but I never heard anything about a phone after that or anything about earbuds.

Was the mountain barn on the route she would have ran by? Or just close enough to have her phone ping there?
We had discussed this in the first thread somewhere, I will go back and scan for more info.

jmo

To everyone asking, I swore I read that here on WS. Is that wrong? Was it the other girl in NY? Maybe I have the two confused, if so I am sorry.

So that app pinpoints your location as you are jogging? Could it do the same if you're in a car?

People only use the app when jogging/hiking/biking/kayaking/etc. She was absolutely running or walking that road. It was a known route of hers.

Has anyone heard anything about the POI they had and the DNA test they ran? I'm so surprised there hasn't been an update of any kind.

Haven't seen any updates about this yet. I don't know if you saw my post about the time for DNA testing but I believe it's usually 1-3 days in a rush case. If the department is small they may not have the means to run the test there and would have to send it to a state lab for testing also.

Early posts said she went Brook Station to the Mountain Barn to Ball Hill back to Brook Station. So yes it looks like the Barn would have been on her route.

To everyone asking, I swore I read that here on WS. Is that wrong? Was it the other girl in NY? Maybe I have the two confused, if so I am sorry.

So that app pinpoints your location as you are jogging? Could it do the same if you're in a car?
I know when I drive from say, NY to Maine, or Mass my kids track me using find my friends. They can track my progress on the highways and see when I'm going to arrive by the movement of my blue dot. The running app might as long as she stayed close by...but she had set it to private, as I understand from others here

Early posts said she went Brook Station to the Mountain Barn to Ball Hill back to Brook Station. So yes it looks like the Barn would have been on her route.
She also sometimes just ran the length of Brooks Station. But if her phone pinged by the Mountain Barn it could have just been the closest cell tower.

Haven't seen any updates about this yet. I don't know if you saw my post about the time for DNA testing but I believe it's usually 1-3 days in a rush case. If the department is small they may not have the means to run the test there and would have to send it to a state lab for testing also.

I'm curious why other local stations aren't reporting the same. I'd think this was by enough news for them to all have the story.

Why do you think they're the only ones reporting this? Is that uncommon?
Can't explain it...but they are sticking with it. Maybe they have a source inside the investigation but don't want to say that? It's all I can think.

Can't explain it...but they are sticking with it. Maybe they have a source inside the investigation but don't want to say that? It's all I can think.

That sounds about right. Well I know which station I'll be checking the most!

People only use the app when jogging/hiking/biking/kayaking/etc. She was absolutely running or walking that road. It was a known route of hers.

I'm not doubting that at all, I was curious if the app was running and lets say someone forces you into a car if it will still show where you are at. I don't own a cell phone and my experience with apps is minimal. I have a tablet but haven't had it long.

Folks have been wondering why the attacker would have burned her feet. I hate even thinking this, but if she was still alive at the time, he might have done that so she could not run away. As a runner, she would have had a better than average chance to get away by running. :(

Ive been wondering the same. Ive also been trying to determine if she was really out running. This article, http://m.telegram.com/article/20160809/NEWS/160809342, and others I have read suggest she went for a walk not a run.

If she was out for a run, why would a rapist take the time to remove her shoes and socks and light her feet on fire. Very odd. Im not saying youre wrong that it was to prevent her from running away, but it would just seem like the last thing someone would do to prevent her from escaping.

I would think tying her feet together would be a quicker option. Also, I dont think most rapists run around with a blow torch or a jar of gasoline to burn their victim.

Plus, if you were going to burn a body with gas, wouldnt you throw the fuel on the person, not just light the feet, head and hands?

Thinking through the location, I'm thinking the crime happened on that cart road. Here's the reason - feel free to point out holes in my thinking (not that WSers need an invitation to do that, lol!).

She was in all likelihood running on that road when the perp got her. If the perp took her somewhere in his car, wouldn't he then dump her far away from where he grabbed her? It would seem foolish to bring her back to a location where people would surely look for her (unless he wanted her found...which is a possibility.)

Rather, I think she was nabbed on that road, taken down that cart path, and killed there. I don't think she was killed elsewhere and then dumped there.

JMopinion, subject to change.

I'm not doubting that at all, I was curious if the app was running and lets say someone forces you into a car if it will still show where you are at. I don't own a cell phone and my experience with apps is minimal. I have a tablet but haven't had it long.

It might still track. If she was tracking her run, regardless of her privacy settings and if they don't have her phone, you can still login to the standard site to see the logs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox