MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #7 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that I think about it, was an interpreter present when LE requested and obtained the buccal DNA swab from Ortiz? If not this could possibly complicate things. Just my opinion.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

There you go, he'll walk. Jmo

Now that I think about it, was an interpreter present when LE requested and obtained the buccal DNA swab from Ortiz? If not this could possibly complicate things. Just my opinion.....

OH NO!!!! Just read this article from CBS Boston!

"Ryan said the defense has retained their own DNA expert to go over the evidence that led to Colon-Ortiz’s arrest.

“One of the things we’re going to look at very carefully is whether he knowingly, voluntarily understood what he was being asked to do, and whether or not he knowingly and voluntarily gave up a sample of his saliva,” Ryan said."

LINK: http://boston.cbslocal.com/2017/04/...on-ortiz-arraignment-princeton-jogger-murder/

“The victim suffered a fractured nose during the attack and crushing injuries to the structures surrounding her throat,’’ State Police wrote in a report filed in court.

Prosecutors said they have asked the Department of Homeland Security to check into Colon-Ortiz’s background to determine the “actual identity of this defendant’’ who had a Puerto Rico driver’s license issued to him in 2014.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2017/04/18/accused-killer-vanessa-marcotte-due-court/Ty9XLg3ZRryKyCjqGEVoVM/story.html?p1=Article_Recommended_ReadMore_Pos1

OH NO!!!! Just read this article from CBS Boston!

"Ryan said the defense has retained their own DNA expert to go over the evidence that led to Colon-Ortiz’s arrest.

“One of the things we’re going to look at very carefully is whether he knowingly, voluntarily understood what he was being asked to do, and whether or not he knowingly and voluntarily gave up a sample of his saliva,” Ryan said."

LINK: http://boston.cbslocal.com/2017/04/...on-ortiz-arraignment-princeton-jogger-murder/

If LE screwed up and didn't have a bilingual officer or interpreter present, they better have some damn solid evidence or this guy could walk. A nightmarish possibility!

He's 31-32 & he obtained a PR license issued in 2014? At age 28-29. Hmmm

“The victim suffered a fractured nose during the attack and crushing injuries to the structures surrounding her throat,’’ State Police wrote in a report filed in court.

Prosecutors said they have asked the Department of Homeland Security to check into Colon-Ortiz’s background to determine the “actual identity of this defendant’’ who had a Puerto Rico driver’s license issued to him in 2014.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2017/04/18/accused-killer-vanessa-marcotte-due-court/Ty9XLg3ZRryKyCjqGEVoVM/story.html?p1=Article_Recommended_ReadMore_Pos1

(The perp was in place at least 15+ min before V.M. came by. Out hunting a victim, IMO).

"Marcotte left her mother’s home on Brooks Station Road in Princeton for a walk around 1:15 p.m."

"Meanwhile, a man who authorities allege was Colon-Ortiz was spotted by an area resident standing next to a black SUV stopped “near to where the site where Vanessa’s body was later recovered” around 12:45 p.m. that Sunday"

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...ory.html?p1=Article_Recommended_ReadMore_Pos1

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/lo...ect_in_princeton_jogger_case_held_on_10m_bail

Supporters of Colon-Ortiz declined comment.

Colon-Ortiz, he said, “is obviously very shaken. He doesn’t speak any English. “

Travers said Colon-Ortiz spoke voluntarily with state police detectives and claimed “he did not know Vanessa and would have no*occasion to have physical contact with Vanessa."

How can he work for FedEx and not speak any English?

http://www.masslive.com/news/worcester/index.ssf/2017/04/princeton_postal_worker_recall.html
[FONT=&quot]From the article:
"Ribot, a former postal worker at the Princeton post office, recognized him immediately. Colon-Ortiz, who authorities say killed 27-year-old Vanessa Marcotte as she was out for a run in Princeton last August, worked for FedEx delivering packages to the Princeton post office. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Ribot dealt with him regularly and "it was an uncomfortable interaction," she said.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ribot said Colon-Ortiz would usually be on a Bluetooth headset or with a partner and talking in Spanish and that he'd make sexual comments, sometimes about Ribot or the postmaster. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"I guess he figured no one understood Spanish," Ribot said.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]She did. It's her first language. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"He made some comments about how me and the postmaster looked, sexual comments," Ribot said."

He may not have a criminal record, but it's also not like his deviant sexual behavior came out of nowhere. I suppose it never does.

[/FONT]

How did no one at FedEx suspect this man?

Right!!! Threads back I talked about this because my husband is a fedex employee and with the vehicle description just coming out, dark suv, if the POI was a courier, you would think someone would realize it. I would think the only way co-workers would not have known is that 1) it could have been a large station, alot of employees and 2) it wasn't his route...now if it was his route and drove that same vehicle to work, I have NO CLUE how it wasn't recognized.

I said similar, not unusual.

anyways, I don't want to go back and forth with you over semantics.... he might not even have a "team", some ppl throw that around to look important.

this case is not unusual and it happens daily, however this case was high profile, and there will be legal representation for a high profile case.

There is nothing unusual about this case. It's just another heinous crime, which happens every day.

[FONT=&quot]Ribot said Colon-Ortiz would usually be on a Bluetooth headset or with a partner and talking in Spanish and that he'd make sexual comments, sometimes about Ribot or the postmaster. [/FONT]

While police were searching the area, another incident was reported in Westborough.
A woman told police there that a small black car had circled around her in the area of Lake Chauncy. She said she had first seen the car, with its hood up and two men standing near it, on the side of the road when she had walked by them.

http://www.masslive.com/news/worcester/index.ssf/2017/04/princeton_postal_worker_recall.html
[FONT=&quot]From the article:
"Ribot, a former postal worker at the Princeton post office, recognized him immediately. Colon-Ortiz, who authorities say killed 27-year-old Vanessa Marcotte as she was out for a run in Princeton last August, worked for FedEx delivering packages to the Princeton post office. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Ribot dealt with him regularly and "it was an uncomfortable interaction," she said.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"I guess he figured no one understood Spanish," Ribot said.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]She did. It's her first language. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"He made some comments about how me and the postmaster looked, sexual comments," Ribot said."

He may not have a criminal record, but it's also not like his deviant sexual behavior came out of nowhere. I suppose it never does.

[/FONT]

SERIOUSLY???? And no mention of him to police???? Especially when they release that he is of Hispanic descent????? Come on people. PAY ATTENTION!

Like she said and the case in Wesboro shows...this guy has a partner.

Police didn't release the information that the perp was Hispanic until fairly recently. And, since he was driving a FedEx truck he obviously wasn't driving his black SUV to the post office. A man making rude comments of a sexual nature towards a woman is not something that one calls the police about, or the police would be doing nothing else all day but responding to calls about rude comments. Why she didn't call FedEx to complain about this guy is a mystery, but I don't think that would have solved the case.

Like she said and the case in Wesboro shows...this guy has a partner.

That isnt necessarily true in terms of this crime. He had a partner when working for FedEx, doing his pickups. But the day in question was a Sunday. He was off the clock. And numerous witnesses only reported seeing him- not two men. So I believe he acted alone in the crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74