MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #7 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ribot, like Marcotte, is also 27. She also used to walk along the backroads of Princeton when on lunch break or eat her lunch outside under a tree. She sometimes worked alone in the morning when Colon-Ortiz would make a delivery. Marcotte's family were familiar to her at the post office and it was known that Vanessa Marcotte would jog on Sundays, she said.

[...]

When Marcotte's body was found on Sunday evening, Aug. 7, 2016 off of Brooks Station Road, just a half-mile from Marcotte's mother's house, Ribot no longer felt safe in the sleepy backcountry town.
<snip> http://www.masslive.com/news/worcester/index.ssf/2017/04/princeton_postal_worker_recall.html

Shortly after Vanessa's murder, Ribot quit her job and moved away. I don't think she would necessarily suspect Colon-Ortiz, though. Vanessa jogged on Sundays. FedEx couriers don't work on Sundays nor is the P.O. open on Sundays. So, she understandably didn't make the connection. But, what if a sketch had been released of the suspect early in the case? Would Vanessa's killer have been ID'd and apprehended much sooner? MOO

<snip> http://www.masslive.com/news/worcester/index.ssf/2017/04/princeton_postal_worker_recall.html

Shortly after Vanessa's murder, Ribot quit her job and moved away. I don't think she would necessarily suspect Colon-Ortiz, though. Vanessa jogged on Sundays. FedEx couriers don't work on Sundays nor is the P.O. open on Sundays. So, she understandably didn't make the connection. But, what if a sketch had been released of the suspect early in the case? Would Vanessa's killer have been ID'd and apprehended much sooner? MOO
Why does the guy have to be working on that particular day for you to make the connection ? we are talking about a rude Hispanic individual making sexual comments. You know he is sometimes in the area and you know he would be familiar with the roads. I think a delivery driver would fit that description pretty obviously. again I guess my problem is I just have too much faith that common sense is common.

You're right...but FedEx would have been the right move....Which brings us back to why FedEx didn't have their suspicions.

Can anyone tell that I'm mad. Lol. Sorry all. I just want this guy to pay. Sad mass has no DP. Planet is getting overpopulated. No room for his kind.

This woman wasn't the only one who interacted with this killer. There was also the head of the post office, another woman, who didn't leave the job. And that person also didn't recognize or make a connection between this route FedEx delivery guy and the murder.

I think it's easy to cast blame on what we think other people should notice or not, but most people are not out there sleuthing cases. If this woman never saw scratches on him, and had no other hints about what kind of vehicle he drove, then why should she be held responsible for not knowing or suspecting this FedEx driver was the perp? Think about all the other people who also would have come into contact with him...what about his own wife or family members? Think about all the murders that take place or child abductions, and the neighbors of the perp are always surprised and usually say something like, "gee, he seemed like a normal neighbor..."

El Nuevo Dia in Puerto Rico report with composite sketch of rapist, raped two women in May and June 2015 in Santirce, PR. The suspect from PR preyed on women waiting alone in their cars for friends. Both women were raped in the vehicle
Do you see a resemblance to Ortiz?
b1b40abeb04dfa571613f7ae9f3a1efc.jpg

Sketch Caption: The sex offender was described as 5'6 "to 5" 11 tall, 160 pounds, light-skinned and about 30 to 35 years old. (Sketch / Police of Puerto Rico)

I used my extremely limited knowledge of Spanish and heavy reliance on Google Translate to translate and understand the article. Are any of you fluent Spanish readers?

Dot5t's Loose Translation: The officer alerted the citizenry to take the necessary precautions not to be a victim of the individual who was described as 5'6 "to 5" 11 of stature, 160 pounds of weight, light brown complexion and about 30 to 35 years of age . The victims, he said, did not see any scar, tattoo or accent when talking.

"In both cases, the individual goes on foot and identifies the victims, expects them to be entertained inside their vehicle, they are victims alone, he guards them and directs them to solitary places where he commits the crime of rape. After this, he is driving his vehicle (the victims) and leaves them near Barrio Obrero and Calle Loíza, and retires, "said Commander Perez.

One of the incidents occurred around 1:30 am on May 30 at County Ashford Avenue, where an adult woman waiting for some friends inside her car was intercepted by the individual who forced her to drive up A secluded spot in Santurce where he sexually abused her and then fled on foot.

The second case was reported on June 7 at about 8:00 pm on the Avenida Román Baldorioty de Castro avenue, on one of the streets surrounding the Market Square in Santurce, where the same aggressor took for Surprise the victim and boarded his vehicle, kidnapping and abusing it.

In both cases, said the commander, the victims were abandoned between Barrio Obrero and Calle Loíza in Santurce, so they believe the rapist knows the sector well or may even be a resident of the area.

"From the investigation emerges, from the interviews, how the facts happen and how this individual operates, we understand that it is the same," Perez said.

Security cameras at the locations where the abductions occurred were inspected by investigators at the San Juan Sexual Offenses Division, but found no valuable images for the search.

The rapes took place inside the victims' vehicles, but no genetic material was taken, the commander added.

LINK: http://www.elnuevodia.com/noticias/...ioladordedosmujeresencondadoysanturce-2058697

Just my opinion ........

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

This woman wasn't the only one who interacted with this killer. There was also the head of the post office, another woman, who didn't leave the job. And that person also didn't recognize or make a connection between this route FedEx delivery guy and the murder.

I think it's easy to cast blame on what we think other people should notice or not, but most people are not out there sleuthing cases. If this woman never saw scratches on him, and had no other hints about what kind of vehicle he drove, then why should she be held responsible for not knowing or suspecting this FedEx driver was the perp? Think about all the other people who also would have come into contact with him...what about his own wife or family members? Think about all the murders that take place or child abductions, and the neighbors of the perp are always surprised and usually say something like, "gee, he seemed like a normal neighbor..."

I'm disappointed in em all. Lol. You're a good advocate though and your point is valid.

I'm disappointed in em all. Lol. You're a good advocate though and your point is valid.
I'm not an advocate for these women. Just using common sense and looking at the situation from an objective standpoint.

To put blame on the postal worker, is imo, outrageous. I come across many men who say sexual things to me on my way to work. I ignore them. Obviously they ignored it and when and if they were made aware that the perp was Hispanic, I'm sure their first thought was not "oh it's the FedEx worker that comes in". Although some say the amount of Hispanics in Princeton is zero, that still means nothing. That person may come in contact with many Hispanics, as they have already noted that Spanish is her first language. So I'm pretty sure the Fedex worker that comes in was not who she thought killed Vanessa just because he's spanish and said sexual stuff to her.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Why would she automatically think this courier was driving around Princeton looking for victims to assault on his day off? Rudeness does not equal murder and/or rape. Not sure it could even be considered sexual harassment since he assumed no one but his partner spoke and understood Spanish.

After the police released the information that this person was Hispanic, suspect pool dwindled to about a dozen people. Maybe less. You have to know Princeton to understand what I mean. Theres virtually no diversity here. Had this been worcester, I'd agree with you. But it wasn't. It was Princeton. UnFortunately for law-enforcement even though it would've been really easy for someone to say hey I worked with a Hispanic guy who actually made some inappropriate sexual comments when I saw him periodically in Princeton, nobody did that.

Maybe I'm just too old school for liberal Massachusetts. But when the race of a perpetrator is so anomalous to the setting of the crime as was true in this case, it's my personal belief that anyone who had any contact with anyone of Hispanic discent in Princeton or who knew of someone of Hispanic dissent who was in Princeton around the time of the crime should have At least made police aware of it. Maybe it doesn't seem like that big of a deal or it doesn't seem like that individual could be the murderer but guess what, nine times out of 10 it's someone no one suspected. Let the police figure it out.

After the police released the information that this person was Hispanic, suspect pool dwindled to about a dozen people. Maybe less. You have to know Princeton to understand what I mean. Theres virtually no diversity here. Had this been worcester, I'd agree with you. But it wasn't. It was Princeton. UnFortunately for law-enforcement even though it would've been really easy for someone to say hey I worked with a Hispanic guy who actually made some inappropriate sexual comments when I saw him periodically in Princeton, nobody did that.

You're from there or near there, right? It wouldn't be fair if someone blamed you, an Internet sleuth working the case, for not finding this guy since the Hispanic population is down to about a dozen people, by your own admission. I mean, if it's really only about a dozen people...

I'm still wondering how he worked (drove) for fedex with a PR drivers license for almost a year, he could fill out the application for the job but couldn't go to dmv/mva to get Mass license. Jmo

You're from there or near there, right? It wouldn't be fair if someone blamed you, an Internet sleuth working the case, for not finding this guy since the Hispanic population is down to about a dozen people, by your own admission. I mean, if it's really only about a dozen people...

I live 2 hours away. But I can guarantee you that if I saw this guy driving a FedEx truck through town that I would have. Profiled the police about it.

You have to realize that the guy fits the description perfectly. Not just that's he's Hispanic. But that he's of an athletic build around 30 years old.

The postal worker exclaimed that she "recognized him immediately". Which to me shows an obvious familiarity with him and his appearance. Was she not aware of the suspect discription somehow?

If someone asked her a month ago after one of his sexually inappropriate visits "hey, do you think Angel could be the killer?" Could she have answered that question with 100% certainty that he wasn't? If there was even a micro fraction of a suspicion then police shouldve been told. As I understand it, there was not. And, everyone's entitled to their opinions. My opinion is that police should have been.made aware of a FedEx driver fitting the discription by SOMEONE who dealt with him regularly. If not this particular woman, then by god someone else there who saw him. I'm just generally disappointed that people aren't more aware of their surroundings. Everyone's buried in their phones. It's the ME show in america now with Facebook and the like. People are just getting duller by the minute.

Maybe I'm just too old school for liberal Massachusetts. But when the race of a perpetrator is so anomalous to the setting of the crime as was true in this case, it's my personal belief that anyone who had any contact with anyone of Hispanic discent in Princeton or who knew of someone of Hispanic dissent who was in Princeton around the time of the crime should have At least made police aware of it. Maybe it doesn't seem like that big of a deal or it doesn't seem like that individual could be the murderer but guess what, nine times out of 10 it's someone no one suspected. Let the police figure it out.
I will have to disagree. Basically LE should have found all Hispanics that come and go to Princeton and questioned them. If there's not that many this would be easy. But that's racial profiling. Just because these woman deal with the perp does not mean that that was their inital thought. Just because you do not come across many hispanics in the area, perhaps these ladies did. You can't put blame on them. Or anyone who received a FedEx package from this guy. That is unfair.

I live 2 hours away. But I can guarantee you that if I saw this guy driving a FedEx truck through town that I would have. Profiled the police about it.

You have to realize that the guy fits the description perfectly. Not just that's he's Hispanic. But that he's of an athletic build around 30 years old.

The postal worker exclaimed that she "recognized him immediately". Which to me shows an obvious familiarity with him and his appearance. Was she not aware of the suspect discription somehow?

If someone asked her a month ago after one of his sexually inappropriate visits "hey, do you think Angel could be the killer?" Could she have answered that question with 100% certainty that he wasn't? If there was even a micro fraction of a suspicion then police shouldve been told. As I understand it, there was not. And, everyone's entitled to their opinions. My opinion is that police should have been.made aware of a FedEx driver fitting the discription by SOMEONE who dealt with him regularly. If not this particular woman, then by god someone else there who saw him. I'm just generally disappointed that people aren't more aware of their surroundings. Everyone's buried in their phones. It's the ME show in america now with Facebook and the like. People are just getting duller by the minute.
So basically you are saying anyone who received a package from this guy should have known right away and alerted police to him?

The information about the race of the perp was released on Feb 23, over 6 months after the murder, long after the postal worker left her job. A month or so after releasing that information they were collecting his DNA.

When she *saw his picture published* (note: not name, but seeing his picture), she recognized the arrested guy as the FedEx guy who serviced the postal office she used to work at. That's not suspicious, that's how it works when you get news like that.

You followed this case closely, perhaps more than closely. None of us know if anyone who came into contact with this guy followed updates of the case to the extent it's being assumed they did (or should have).

http://www.masslive.com/news/worcester/index.ssf/2017/02/timeline_the_investigation_of_1.html

Thursday, Feb. 23, 2017

The first description of a person of interest in Marcotte's killing is released. Early describes him as a Hispanic or Latino man about 30 years old, with an athletic build and with short hair or a shaved head at the time of the murder.

I will have to disagree. Basically LE should have found all Hispanics that come and go to Princeton and questioned them. If there's not that many this would be easy. But that's racial profiling. Just because these woman deal with the perp does not mean that that was their inital thought. Just because you do not come across many hispanics in the area, perhaps these ladies did. You can't put blame on them. Or anyone who received a FedEx package from this guy. That is unfair.

Fair enough but for the record you keep using the word blame and I am not blaming these people of anything. they are not responsible for what happened. I just wish people would pay more attention. people just don't pay attention to things and you can excuse it as much as you want but it's a fact of life. Drive 50 miles on the mass pike and see how many people's eyes are not on the road. It's annoying.

Yea this crime doesn't seem to me like a beginners crime but someone who's done ir before and worked up to it. And honestly if he's guilty of other ones then thas good news for those people who can close that chapter now and one less case people have to worry the predators are out there still in. My gut says he's done other things before. Maybe we will find he has an issue with playing with fire
Funny you say "playing with fire"...I might live on the other coast during the school year now, but when I was actually working BC (before children) I was one of a few qualified by the state (and actually a few surrounding states) to do fire setting evaluations (amongst others)...McDonald Triad...

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk

I had to go out and buy my own chocolate. No one stops at my house with baskets either.
The Easter Bunny brought chocolate from my favorite place in CT and hopped all the way across the country! Granted I think most of it was supposed to go to my kids...but they are gone this week so I can steal some...The Easter Bunny came through again in our house...[emoji195]

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member