Madeleine McCann General Discussion Thread No. 25

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we can accept that Gerry McCann has a wonderful way with the English language - as does Kate. I wonder if he uses the same level of tact and sensitivity with his heart patients, like:

"Well, you probably have less than sixth months to live, its a bit like defaulting on your loan payments really." ?????

I am sorry but this is one of the funniest things I have read in a long time. Brilliant Gatinho!!

The guy is a total...grrrr....I cant say or I'll get banned!

Now, now Refugee...you don't want to do that now do you? We are enjoying your company.

I know this isn't funny - but I laughed out loud at how rediculous this is. WOW! How could you compare your missing daughter to being overdrawn?

Salem

But wasn't he referring to being "over the student overdraft"....talking about the windfall of cash they received subsequent to the disappearance.

But wasn't he referring to being "over the student overdraft"....talking about the windfall of cash they received subsequent to the disappearance.

Here is the transcript from the entire interview:
http://www.skynewstranscripts.co.uk/transcript.asp?id=362

IW: I think that everyone has just been incredibly impressed with you as a couple and how you’ve dealt with this. There was a period after a week or so where you looked as if you were almost broken and who could not understand that? And then there seemed to be a sort of a strength come from somewhere. Is that a fair point? Is that what happened and what brought it about?

KMcC: I think that’s definitely true, isn’t it [looks at Gerry and sighs]

GMcC: Certainly, you know, at the end of that first week there was so much emotion that we had spent and we actually had a period where we discussed this openly that we felt devoid, completely devoid of emotion. The analogy that I like to use is a bit like when we were students and you’d got to your overdraft limit and you’d gone beyond it and there was just nothing left in the tank. Also, I think, physically and mentally were shattered but, you know, as we gradually got more on an even keel and we started to get back into the black and we’d also worked tirelessly behind the scenes to put support mechanisms in place including our legal team. The response with the fund which was really driven by offers rather than us thinking we needed it. And once these were in place then it helped us to focus on what we really needed to focus on.

IW: Well everyone who’s watching who has been following Madeleine’s case over the past three weeks just wishes you all the best. Thanks very much Gerry. Thanks very much Kate.

I know this isn't funny - but I laughed out loud at how rediculous this is. WOW! How could you compare your missing daughter to being overdrawn? Everyone (or just about) becomes overdrawn at one point or another - for so many different reasons. But very few people actually have a missing child. Heck if it was like an overdraft which can be fixed in a matter of an hour or two, a lot more children would go missing, because the parents would know the "situation" would be fixed in an hour or two. Very little stress involved here.

I also watched the video on Jane Tanner. Can any of these people say the same thing twice? Good indication of a liar is when they can't repeat what they said yesterday.

Salem

to be a good liar - its essential to have a good memory! Alternatively you can agree that one of you speaks and the other keeps quiet - so for example, one of you refuses to answer 48 questions, so as not to clash with the other...get it?

Clever old McCanns - but not without support eh!

Im sorry....what did he say????
Man thats just wrong.

If I overdraft my account....I call the bank and handle the situation

If my child is abducted....I go to pieces and then go on a rampage trying to find her, I work with authorities 100 %, I beg and plead for her return.

The 2 are not really similar.

Man thats just wrong.

If my child is abducted....I go to pieces and then go on a rampage trying to find her, I work with authorities 100 %, I beg and plead for her return.

Not even close Shannon. I agree with your assessment of the aftermath of losing your child.

P.S. Nice to "see" you...

Well, to be absolutely fair, I see what Gerry meant.

(Ahem, some people who freely use the word "witch hunt" need to take notes, please.)

Gerry was referring to the emotional aftermath, the way the couple felt emotionally a week or so later.

He was saying that emotionally they were so drained, there was literally nothing else there, like an empty tank of gas or an empty bank account, nothing to draw upon or use. Completely wiped out.

I think this is a true statement coming from him and actually, a very honest one. If Madeleine died an accidental death in that apartment, and they had that plus the unbelievable stress of trying to hide it (again, motivated by fear of losing the twins, etc.) they would be completely drained emotionally a week later.

Well, to be absolutely fair, I see what Gerry meant.

(Ahem, some people who freely use the word "witch hunt" need to take notes, please.)

Gerry was referring to the emotional aftermath, the way the couple felt emotionally a week or so later.

He was saying that emotionally they were so drained, there was literally nothing else there, like an empty tank of gas or an empty bank account, nothing to draw upon or use. Completely wiped out.

I think this is a true statement coming from him and actually, a very honest one. If Madeleine died an accidental death in that apartment, and they had that plus the unbelievable stress of trying to hide it (again, motivated by fear of losing the twins, etc.) they would be completely drained emotionally a week later.

Ah Texana, you know when a student overdraft or loan is spent it usually means the the student cannot go out & get drunk, not in my wildest dreams could I equate this to losing a child!

Man thats just wrong.

So right Shannon & you can in time with a little thrift rectify the overdraft situation, you can never ever get back the child that you have lost through your own fault although you sure try your hardest to cooperate with police to try to get any snippet of information that might help & you plead with whoever is alleged to have taken her to return her which the McCanns never really did!

To compare the loss of a precious child to being overdrawn in the bank is only despicable, there is absolutely no comparison no matter how much that overdraft is & a student one is way down the league! Here I think it is £1200, my God how little they value their child's life to make this trivial analogy!

Wow, this board has slowed right down. I know there arent many posters today, but if anyone happens to see this, can you answer this for me??.........IF Gerry and Kate had anything to do with Madeleines disapearance WHERE did they put her body?? I cant just see them excusing themselves from their dinner, killing maddy, and then driving miles and miles to dump her somewhere?? do you know what I am getting at??? Maddy would have to be REALLY close by, in order for the timeline to work.......and noone can find her.....thats one reason I dont think Gerry and Kate did anything (Ive been wrong before, and I may be wrong again!) I mean you dont just kill someone and POOF! their body evaporates never to be seen again.

Wow, this board has slowed right down. I know there arent many posters today, but if anyone happens to see this, can you answer this for me??.........IF Gerry and Kate had anything to do with Madeleines disapearance WHERE did they put her body?? I cant just see them excusing themselves from their dinner, killing maddy, and then driving miles and miles to dump her somewhere?? do you know what I am getting at??? Maddy would have to be REALLY close by, in order for the timeline to work.......and noone can find her.....thats one reason I dont think Gerry and Kate did anything (Ive been wrong before, and I may be wrong again!) I mean you dont just kill someone and POOF! their body evaporates never to be seen again.

Unfortunately, you can. In a large urban area, it happens all the time--you only have to dump the body in the trash dumpster and time things just right, before that dumpter's contents are merged with hundreds of others in a nasty landfill. Add the process of decomposition and the breakdown of organic material and it perfectly reasonable to assume as a logical outcome, that the body(ies) were disposed of in a very ordinary way. When it comes to dumping bodies in rural areas, the time line for total disappearance is a shocking figure--about six months to a year, if I recall correctly. With animal activity and normal processes again of decomposition, it is truly entirely possible for a body to POOF! disappear.

As for Madeleine, her disappearance occured in a an area of Portugal that was not very well populated or urbanized. You have a combination of urban plus ocean front plus rural/more rugged areas. Sadly, it would not take that long for a child's body to disappear via natural processes.

IMO your right Dolphinmomcca.

It was a nonesense from the start and it makes no more sense now than it did then to accuse her parents of killing her IMO.

Some don't, or won't accept the conclusion of the Final report so there's still the same ole same ole...accusations without any basis in fact.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but IMO the conclusion of the Final report means it's over.

And the search for Madeleine will go on. :clap:

Unfortunately, you can. In a large urban area, it happens all the time--you only have to dump the body in the trash dumpster and time things just right, before that dumpter's contents are merged with hundreds of others in a nasty landfill. Add the process of decomposition and the breakdown of organic material and it perfectly reasonable to assume as a logical outcome, that the body(ies) were disposed of in a very ordinary way. When it comes to dumping bodies in rural areas, the time line for total disappearance is a shocking figure--about six months to a year, if I recall correctly. With animal activity and normal processes again of decomposition, it is truly entirely possible for a body to POOF! disappear.

As for Madeleine, her disappearance occured in a an area of Portugal that was not very well populated or urbanized. You have a combination of urban plus ocean front plus rural/more rugged areas. Sadly, it would not take that long for a child's body to disappear via natural processes.

Sadly yes Texana, the bins were emptied that night around the time that the alarm was raised & before the search even got fully under way, we did see some being searched. Her little body could have been thrown in a bin anywhere in the town, I am very surprised that they didn't take the dogs to the landfill site, that should be done even yet!

However, I still have my suspicions about the Pet crem!

Many people think they hid the body behind the couch or in another apartment that night. No one was restricting their movements over the weeks either, and they were routinely taking trash to the dump. Kate even used that as an excuse for the cadaver smell in the rental car - they had bags of trash and dirty diapers in the back, and there are photos of their car piled up with it.

They racked up hundreds of miles on their rental car, and no one followed them around at first.

The theories about how the McCanns might have disposed of Maddie's body are numerous and most quite plausible. As far as "poof" never to be seen....what about Natalie? Or Stacy? Google "body never found", pretty scary actually. It happens.

In Praia Da Luz there are ancient underground catacombs, old wells, the sea, caves and acres of grassland less than a mile from town. Plus at the time Maddie vanished the streets were being repaired and had been dug up and there was an excavation behind the church. All these places could have been good hiding places. While sniffer dogs were used early on, the resources of this area are limited and something could have been missed.

Check out this theory: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2357284&postcount=132

Just one of many.

The theories about how the McCanns might have disposed of Maddie's body are numerous and most quite plausible. As far as "poof" never to be seen....what about Natalie? Or Stacy? Google "body never found", pretty scary actually. It happens.

In Praia Da Luz there are ancient underground catacombs, old wells, the sea, caves and acres of grassland less than a mile from town. Plus at the time Maddie vanished the streets were being repaired and had been dug up and there was an excavation behind the church. All these places could have been good hiding places. While sniffer dogs were used early on, the resources of this area are limited and something could have been missed.

Check out this theory: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2357284&postcount=132

QUOTE]
We do know that Gerry was witnessed carrying a child toward the shore - this witness much more reliable than the farcical Tanner diversion!
Just one of many.[/

Sorry, I didnt mean to get anyone riled up, I havent looked alot at this case like some people have. I was not implying that I support her parents in any way, because I dont! ......YOU DONT LEAVE CHILDREN ALONE...... it is there fault they lost their daughter, because they didnt want to be bothered to watch their children. IMO

Wow, this board has slowed right down. I know there arent many posters today, but if anyone happens to see this, can you answer this for me??...IF Gerry and Kate had anything to do with Madeleine's disappearance, WHERE did they put her body?? I can't just see them excusing themselves from their dinner, killing Maddy, and then driving miles and miles to dump her somewhere?? Do you know what I am getting at??? Maddy would have to be REALLY close by, in order for the timeline to work...and no-one can find her...that's one reason I don't think Gerry and Kate did anything (I've been wrong before, and I may be wrong again!). I mean you don't just kill someone and POOF! their body evaporates never to be seen again.

REPLY: Dolphinmomcca, you are making a massive assumption - that Madeleine died early evening on 3rd May. You need to consider a different time for her death.

There are many indications pointing to Madeleine being dead during the night of 2nd/3rd May. That would have given the McCanns and their 'Tapas 9' friends ample time to execute their abduction scenario at 10.00pm. Elsewhere on this forum, I have shown that there are severe doubts about each of the alleged eight 'sightings' of her during 3rd May.

In addition, there is an evidence trail pointing to Madeleine's body having been stored safely in a freezer, and then moved in the hired car.

The best explanation that fits the facts is that Madeleine's dead body was preserved by the McCanns in a freezer probably outside Praia da Luz, then buried by a friend of the McCanns, quite probably on the day the McCanns were being blessed by the Pope.

Kate McCann's underlying Catholic faith, however weak it was at the time of Madeleine's death, may have played a part here. She may have insisted on the nearest thing possible, under the circumstances, to a real funeral.

Was that day - the day the Pope touched them - Madeleine's funeral?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member