Madeleine McCann General Discussion Thread No. 25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Refugee - thank you also for the new links and the new blog.

It is heart warming to know so many people are still waiting for Maddie to come home!

Salem

I've just saw the appeal on tv whilst visiting my sister. I have to say that we both shed tears. I thought I would post the link but I see it's already been done. :) Bless her little soul, I really wish that she could be found.

How about this? Try singing it....

mccannXmas.jpg

GMXmas.jpg

Lets be careful - this is a very cynical move by the McCann camp to pull heartstrings and raise funds.

The question I put to everyone is this, what possible reason could there be for holding back this high quality video for so long, bearing in mind that the child will no longer look like this (making the worlds biggest assumption that she is actually alive!)?

Surely this should have been released in May 2006!

Actually there are a few questions (as usual!)....

Who made this video - its very good quality (Jon Corner would have the equipment - he seems to be training his camera on the kids a lot).
Why hold on to it for so long when children change so quickly?
Whats with the appeal song, very odd choice of lyrics to apply!

One question I have struggled with for a long time - why charge for posters, balloons, wrist bands, when surely that's what a fund is for, to pay for such things and freely distribute them!

Lets be careful - this is a very cynical move by the McCann camp to pull heartstrings and raise funds.

The question I put to everyone is this, what possible reason could there be for holding back this high quality video for so long, bearing in mind that the child will no longer look like this (making the worlds biggest assumption that she is actually alive!)?

Surely this should have been released in May 2006!

Actually there are a few questions (as usual!)....

Who made this video - its very good quality (Jon Corner would have the equipment - he seems to be training his camera on the kids a lot).
Why hold on to it for so long when children change so quickly?
Whats with the appeal song, very odd choice of lyrics to apply!

One question I have struggled with for a long time - why charge for posters, balloons, wrist bands, when surely that's what a fund is for, to pay for such things and freely distribute them!

Couldn't agree more on all points. It would have been much more useful to have more realistic video of Madeleine available early.

When I saw this video this morning on th Today Show, I was just reminded what a beautiful little girl Madeleine is. Of course I cried. I too wish she would be found.

When I saw this video this morning on th Today Show, I was just reminded what a beautiful little girl Madeleine is. Of course I cried. I too wish she would be found.

Yes, it is heartbreaking, isn't it?

What keeps this case attracting a proper journalistic investigation? How do the inconsistancies remain unchallenged?

For example, Kate McCanns claim regarding her contact with so many cadavers in her role as a locum could easily be confirmed r denied - yet it remains unchallenged.

I hate conspiracy theories, but in the case of the loss of the little child Madeleine McCann there is too much evidence to deny that, at the very least, something is VERY odd about this case.

http://blog.larmani.com/

Hi I'm new. I remember hearing about Madelines case when she first went missing. I see many likenesses to Caylee Anthonys disappearance.

Hi I'm new to this thread as well, I have been following the Caylee story and I was just thinking the same thing. Also the Ramsey case has some of these elements. So one said it would take 2 cold hearted parents to just dump the body, well after the Caylee case and reading about JonBenett, nothing surprises me. I really don't know much about this case, but I did see the video of the dogs and I am inclined to think dogs are good, they don't lie, they just do their job.

Hi Merc,

Didn't know you posted here! :)

Can you imagine if this had been released in May, 2007? We might have had a whole different impression of Gerry and Kate.

As much as I feel they are probably responsible for whatever happened to Madeline, this is one of the things that truly baffles me. If they are guilty, why not leave it alone after all this time?

OJ did, and got on with his life. Casey moved on before Caylee was even officially missing. The fact that G&K are still begging for M's return doesn't sit right. Do they just have better advisors? It seems like picking at a scab, and would keep generating interest that might come back to bite them.

This case is like JBR to me. Just when I think I know what must have happened, something nags at me - not enough to convince me otherwise, but something that won't let go.

I hate that!

I have a thought about that angelmom...

I think Kate and Gerry are very much aware of 3As, the Portuguese files, the dogs, the DNA results, Amaral's book, Tony B's book and yes, even us. They know just how close to the edge they are living.

Therefore, it is necessary to continue to cry "abduction" because if they go quiet it will only cause people to talk and to wonder. People would ask "why aren't they looking for their missing child?". They know that it would just be a matter of time.

You are right though, they blew it, big time, with the original arrogant attitude, especially with regards to leaving those babies alone to go out drinking. I think that is because GM was the original architect of the "story" and he is as arrogant as they come. If they had tugged at our heartstrings early on we would not be here. Instead they got mean...."how dare you question us?" and trying to make us believe they were above reproach. But we knew better....especially those of us familiar with the statistics on missing children.

Does that make sense?

I have a thought about that angelmom...

I think Kate and Gerry are very much aware of 3As, the Portuguese files, the dogs, the DNA results, Amaral's book, Tony B's book and yes, even us. They know just how close to the edge they are living.

Therefore, it is necessary to continue to cry "abduction" because if they go quiet it will only cause people to talk and to wonder. People would ask "why aren't they looking for their missing child?". They know that it would just be a matter of time.

You are right though, they blew it, big time, with the original arrogant attitude, especially with regards to leaving those babies alone to go out drinking. I think that is because GM was the original architect of the "story" and he is as arrogant as they come. If they had tugged at our heartstrings early on we would not be here. Instead they got mean...."how dare you question us?" and trying to make us believe they were above reproach. But we knew better....especially those of us familiar with the statistics on missing children.

Does that make sense?

that makes a lot of sense to me! We have witnessed how GA and CA have behaved and it just made people mad. They were just as arrongant with their statements and look where it got them?

Can you imagine if this had been released in May, 2007? We might have had a whole different impression of Gerry and Kate.

As much as I feel they are probably responsible for whatever happened to Madeline, this is one of the things that truly baffles me. If they are guilty, why not leave it alone after all this time?

OJ did, and got on with his life. Casey moved on before Caylee was even officially missing. The fact that G&K are still begging for M's return doesn't sit right. Do they just have better advisors? It seems like picking at a scab, and would keep generating interest that might come back to bite them.

This case is like JBR to me. Just when I think I know what must have happened, something nags at me - not enough to convince me otherwise, but something that won't let go.

I hate that!

Guilt. Plain and simple, guilt. I don't believe they purposefully caused Madeleine's death. I believe it was from either an accidental fall or an overdose (or a combo of the two) that caused her death. They are trapped between their actions causing this, and feeling they did not purposefully intend this to happen.

I think that they made a deal with God, very early on, to use Maddie's accidental death to "help" other missing children. They cannot stop talking about the ongoing search for Madeleine because it would give them away, but they cannot fake it well.

They were from the very beginning, afraid of losing the twins as well, and they use the twins as justification for everything they do. Look at how many times, and how often, and how much, they talk about the twins.

The "something" that is missing here, is not how much the McCanns loved Madeleine (which is debatable) but how desperately they wanted to hold on to the twins.

Reading the latest posts in the Portugese translations thread, Inspector Amaral is completely convinced that his stance is correct & that Madeleine is dead! I am so glad that someone who really knows hasn't forgotten this little girl!

Reading the latest posts in the Portugese translations thread, Inspector Amaral is completely convinced that his stance is correct & that Madeleine is dead! I am so glad that someone who really knows hasn't forgotten this little girl!

Amen to that.

Let's look at the objective facts:

No credible sightings of Maddie.

No credible attempts for the reward.

No credible efforts on the part of her parents to find her.

No credible evidence of an abduction at all. Only evidence of her death.

It seems more cruel to hang on to impossible chances of her being alive, than to mourn her and pay homage to her life and her unique self while this earth.

Amen to that.

Let's look at the objective facts:

No credible sightings of Maddie.

No credible attempts for the reward.

No credible efforts on the part of her parents to find her.

No credible evidence of an abduction at all. Only evidence of her death.

It seems more cruel to hang on to impossible chances of her being alive, than to mourn her and pay homage to her life and her unique self while this earth.

We are dealing with cruel, callous people here Texana, remember all the grins & smiles & their little girl only "taken" as they would have us believe!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
solaria