Madeleine McCann General Discussion Thread No. 25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,
I haven't been posting to this thread for a few weeks due to post reply buttons missing, my ISP has had some DNS issues which have taken some graphics away. Anyway it didn't stop me reading :)

I agree with you Refugee regarding the sedation and hair testing. If one of my children had ever been "missing" I would stop at nothing to prove my innocence. Most people would do the same if they had nothing to hide.

As for the Shannon Matthews case, it seems that her mother Karen is to get the book thrown at her and rightly so. But still why couldn't K & G have been charged with neglect at the very least.

Colomom, you post some brilliant reading, thank you. I will have to have a read of the last link you posted.

I hope that you are all well.

Karen

Some interesting information to think about....

http://sosmaddie.dhblogs.be/

Cleaned-up Google translation (thanks to Proboards friends!)

4 burglaries around the McCann case

According to Martin Brunt, the envoy of Sky News in Portugal, two of the friends that Kate and Gerry McCann have left in Praia da Luz, the Anglican priest Haynes Hubbard and his wife were burglarized, losing the laptop which contained several documents in connection with the Madeleine case.

The computer contained the notes on which the priest based himself to prepare the sermon for the ceremonies intended to mark the first anniversary of the disappearance of Madeleine, but also all personal and confidential emails exchanged with Kate and Gerry McCann, even after their departure in the United Kingdom. The burglar also took a cellphone containing all the private phone numbers, included there those of Madeleine's parents.

This burglary is not the first that happened to people who are, direct or indirectly, involved with the McCann case: in a hotel in London, a journalist had his cellphone and his laptop stolen. In spite of a wallet and a few thousands of euros on the night stand, the burglar had preferred to carry away the computer containing the only copy filtered towards the media of a report of the intelligence services concerning the Madeleine case. The article remained unfinished forever.

Another victim of a burglary, a holiday maker of Belgian origin, residing in Spain, had his camera stolen, containing the images taken during his holidays with Praia da Luz, from his home. The burglar had not hesitated to be penetrate into the house during the night, while everyone slept on the floor above, and in spite of the presence of objects of priceless value, the photo camera was the only victim.

More recently, in Portugal, the neighbouring house to that of inspector Gonçalo Amaral was also the target of burglars. According to a source of the local police, the burglar would have been mistaken in house, ultimately stealing only documents.

Hi Karen!!

Good to see you back in posting form. I am glad that my posts are interesting enough to keep you all coming around to check in. That is my intent.

Those rogatory interviews with JT and RO'B are HUGE and I have barely started reading them myself. I hope to post some "tidbits" soon.

:eek:nline:

I don't read here much,but I caught this one on wiki...what on earth?? Were the McCanns letting someone adopt Maddie?? Was she their biological child,for either or both of them?

Madeleine was made a ward of court, during summer 2007, on application by her parents.[178] Mrs Justice Hogg has effectively been Madeleine's legal guardian since then.[140]

Hi All,
I haven't been posting to this thread for a few weeks due to post reply buttons missing, my ISP has had some DNS issues which have taken some graphics away. Anyway it didn't stop me reading :)

I agree with you Refugee regarding the sedation and hair testing. If one of my children had ever been "missing" I would stop at nothing to prove my innocence. Most people would do the same if they had nothing to hide.

As for the Shannon Matthews case, it seems that her mother Karen is to get the book thrown at her and rightly so. But still why couldn't K & G have been charged with neglect at the very least.

Colomom, you post some brilliant reading, thank you. I will have to have a read of the last link you posted.

I hope that you are all well.

Karen

You never posted on Anorak as Karen did you?

With reference to the Ward of Court issue mentioned above - I am not experienced in this case, and bow to those here who know far more than me, however, this point intrigued me.

I read up a bit about why people might go through the steps to have a child elected a Ward of Court with a renowned Child Welfare judge appointed her legal guardian...

This note appears to sum up the 'official' reasons why this was taken as a legal step - To enable information necessary to the case to be released to the judge/legal guardian, (who would have petitioned for this, rather than the parents seeming to be the ones who were asking, as it were): http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/7_july_08_address.pdf

I realise this is a law firm's letter, from Gerry's blog, but I also found similar info on, perhaps, more reliable sites, such as the BBC, and Child Welfare related sites...to back this up.

There is a lot of info out there on the internet, as we know, and such excellent work going on on this site, which I am so enjoying following, so if you want to look into the speculation, and lots of people's views, around this legal step, there is plenty available should you have time to research it, but there is too much for me to post here.

So, it appears relatively innocent, and had little to do with having Madeleine 'adopted' as such - I understand that she was the biological child of the McCann's, through IVF treatment...

And yet, as we know, there is little that could be described as 'innocent' in this sad case...

Thanks,Pigletsmum.I was wondering because I recall reading there was a question Kate had refused to answer,and I thought perhaps it was about that.(as I'm sure there are probably many she didn't answer,but I thought one was specifically about that).
I asked about the bio part, because I recall on one of the video's posted on youtube,that Gerry had slipped and called Maddie "your" daughter.I knew had Kate conceived Maddie via IVF,so I was thinking perhaps one or neither were the bio parents.

Thanks,Pigletsmum.I was wondering because I recall reading there was a question Kate had refused to answer,and I thought perhaps it was about that.(as I'm sure there are probably many she didn't answer,but I thought one was specifically about that).
I asked about the bio part, because I recall on one of the video's posted on youtube,that Gerry had slipped and called Maddie "your" daughter.I knew had Kate conceived Maddie via IVF,so I was thinking perhaps one or neither were the bio parents.

I always wondered if there was a fairly reasonable explanation, why Kate didn't just give it. Whether or not anyone believed it, she could have still answered teh questions.

And in all fairness, a couple of times my husband and I have used that phrase "YOUR" child when we want the other to take action and they seem to be passive. We've also used it in a humorous way--"Well, she's YOUR daughter!" However, it seems to me more a sign of being overwhelmed or frustrated--something the McCanns worked very hard to show that they never, ever were.

yes and I don't recall ever having seen any real outward grief in either of them...Gerry seems detached from Maddy in particular,(IMO).

:woohoo::woohoo: Tony - Way to GO!!!!!

Now, becareful, you are being watched (and I'm only 1/2 joking) :)

Salem

Definitely a veiled threat in that. However, sadly for them, everything that Tony says is fact. Nothing supposition, or "might have been" about it.

Hang in there Tony, and watch your back.

Today's 'Sunday People' in the U.K.:

http://www.people.co.uk/news/tm_headline=maddie-not-kidnapped-says-lawyer%26method=full%26objectid=20968534%26siteid=93463-name_page.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Strange how their lawyers leap onto the Express and other papers who had truly outrageous claims (like the wife swapping thing) yet their lawyers just 'closely watch' Tony! They know damned well that nothing Tony and others say in various discussion forums is untrue, they know that the last thing the McCanns want is a case in open court or an investigation in the UK, damn their souls for their neglect of that poor child, damn their souls for their not coming clean and speaking honestly - assuming they have souls.

:woohoo::woohoo: Tony - Way to GO!!!!!

Now, becareful, you are being watched (and I'm only 1/2 joking) :)

Salem

They have powerful friends, the lack of dicussion in this case is utterly incredible - proof that doctors clam up and stick together, proof that the NHS staff are in terror of job loss, proof that the McCanns - who had a family photo with Madeleine in it taken by a 'famous' photographer - are no ordinary family....and why oh why is the new born philanthropist Kennedy so involved?

Really is a 'what the hell!' case!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v486/chris1977/mccanns151208.jpg

This just blows my mind. "Scale back search"???? Are you freaking kidding me?

If it was me I would be hiring the world's finest private detectives, but that's me and the only thing I could ever think about would be getting my daughter back. Can anyone think of a time when parents of a missing child announced something even remotely similar to this??

RE: Tony B. and the McCann lawyers "watching" him....yeah, riiiiiight. They will watch but you can bet the last thing they want is to bring all this to a court of law or even into the public eye. They are only "watching" because anything else (like a lawsuit) might actually draw attention and that is the last thing they want to do.

Scale back search???? FFS. Poor, poor Maddie. :no:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member