Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hold on, does this mean he earned this money from the moment he came out of prison to the moment he appeared in Spain with this vehicle?
Because remember, he was penniless. His money and belongings got stolen. He did not even have money to pay for his fine nor to rent a house. His car got taken by police in exchange for his fine.
So, he came out late in 2006 and by June 2007 he had the vehicle.
Exactly my thoughts, he had nothing when he got out ?

In 2017 he was in Portugal and in prison in Germany . CB was released from prison in August 2018, so he had not much time to be in Italy in 2017. The police were observing him after they released him from prison and CB was trying to ditch the observing police. That's why he had not much possessions when they eventually arrested him. Privacy settings
I know he crossed the border to The Netherlands,where he ditched Dutch police,said he travelled through Switzerland to Italy when he was arrested in 2018.
I don’t recall reading/catching up (?) that he was in prison in 2017 in Germany.In Portugal he had a drifterslife,stayed away for weeks and suddenly popped up,,just saying that CB is hard to track,imo.
Didnt I read somewhere,that he used aliases??

Took me a while to find it,because I do remember reading that Italian Police wanted to investigate CB in 2 unresolved murders.There is a footage from one on CCTV,guess when you google the name of one victim,you can see...
So imo CB was not unknown in Italy..

“But the broadcast ‘Who saw it?’ spoke more thoroughly about the presence of man in our country and raised doubts about two crimes that occurred. Brueckner was in Milan in September 2017, he was spotted in Piazza Carbonari, and investigators try to see us clearly about two unsolved murders of that period.

That of Marilena Negri, attacked and stabbed to death in the park of Villa Litta by a stranger, and that of Daniela Roveri, kidnapped and killed for no apparent reason in Bergamo, in the entrance hall of the building where she lived.’
Il pedofilo del caso Maddie in Italia dal 2017: sospetti su due omicidi irrisolti - L'Unione Sarda.it
Wasn't CB in jail in Nov 2017? If so, he couldn't have killed Marilena Negri.
Also, the sighting in Milan in Sep 2017; wasn't he in jail at the time?

In sep and nov 2017 he was serving his 15 months jail conviction (that became 12 months instead).

Last edited:
I know he crossed the border to The Netherlands,where he ditched Dutch police,said he travelled through Switzerland to Italy when he was arrested in 2018.
I don’t recall reading/catching up (?) that he was in prison in 2017 in Germany.In Portugal he had a drifterslife,stayed away for weeks and suddenly popped up,,just saying that CB is hard to track,imo.
Didnt I read somewhere,that he used aliases??

It's in the article in my previous post here the quote fro that article:

Upon arrival in Amsterdam, the German had suddenly disappeared, according to the Braunschweiger Zeitung and Bild . It is not known how he managed this and where he went afterwards. Brückner apparently traveled unnoticed to Italy, where he applied for a new passport at the German consulate in Milan. He was arrested on 27 September 2018 when he received the ID. This on the basis of a European arrest warrant that had already been issued by the Public Prosecution Service in Flensburg.

That arrest warrant came about because Brückner did not comply with the terms of his probation. It entered into effect on August 31, 2018 after his release from prison. He had been detained there for a year and three months for child abuse and possession of child *advertiser censored*. Instead of reporting to his probation officer at least once a month, the German left for Italy via the Netherlands. In addition, he still had a 2011 and nine months' imprisonment for drug trafficking.

Because the German police already suspected in 2018 that he might have something to do with the disappearance of Maddie McCann and were considered 'very dangerous', the Braunschweig detective arranged for him to be observed 24 hours a day. This was done by local police officers and colleagues from the federal police.

Games
Brückner would soon have noticed that he was being watched. “He started playing games with us. For example, got on a tram and got off again shortly afterwards, '' the regional newspaper quoted one of the members of the observation team at the time. The detectives soon had enough of his games and told the suspect: "You will not lose us."

The multiple convicted sex offender is said to have reacted angrily but eventually resigned himself to the situation. The investigators even made arrangements with Brückner. "I said to him: we can make things easier for ourselves. Let us know where you want to go. For example, we brought it to the health insurer or to the city center. ''

Wasn't CB in jail in Nov 2017? If so, he couldn't have killed Marilena Negri.
Also, the sighting in Milan in Sep 2017; wasn't he in jail at the time?
I really don’t know anymore,was just checking an out dated timeline from German accused of snatching Maddie McCann molested a six-year-old girl | Daily Mail Online
6 June 2020
29270858-8391643-image-a-6_1591374301785.jpg

It's in the article in my previous post here the quote fro that article:

Upon arrival in Amsterdam, the German had suddenly disappeared, according to the Braunschweiger Zeitung and Bild . It is not known how he managed this and where he went afterwards. Brückner apparently traveled unnoticed to Italy, where he applied for a new passport at the German consulate in Milan. He was arrested on 27 September 2018 when he received the ID. This on the basis of a European arrest warrant that had already been issued by the Public Prosecution Service in Flensburg.

That arrest warrant came about because Brückner did not comply with the terms of his probation. It entered into effect on August 31, 2018 after his release from prison. He had been detained there for a year and three months for child abuse and possession of child *advertiser censored*. Instead of reporting to his probation officer at least once a month, the German left for Italy via the Netherlands. In addition, he still had a 2011 and nine months' imprisonment for drug trafficking.

Because the German police already suspected in 2018 that he might have something to do with the disappearance of Maddie McCann and were considered 'very dangerous', the Braunschweig detective arranged for him to be observed 24 hours a day. This was done by local police officers and colleagues from the federal police.

Games
Brückner would soon have noticed that he was being watched. “He started playing games with us. For example, got on a tram and got off again shortly afterwards, '' the regional newspaper quoted one of the members of the observation team at the time. The detectives soon had enough of his games and told the suspect: "You will not lose us."

The multiple convicted sex offender is said to have reacted angrily but eventually resigned himself to the situation. The investigators even made arrangements with Brückner. "I said to him: we can make things easier for ourselves. Let us know where you want to go. For example, we brought it to the health insurer or to the city center. ''
Well,eitherway...that Italy mentioned two unresolved murders and CB made me guess,he was “no stranger” in Italy..and it is known by statements...that he drifted around a lot...so I do think he stashed his ‘belongings’ somewhere in Italy,wouldn’t be surprised,to be honest!

Yes, it is quite confusing why the Italians have considered him to be a suspect for M. Negri. But in fact (I'd have to check this) it's not been the Italian police but the Chi l'ha visto reporters to suggest the link.
Ohhh okay then,thanks!
Did I miss a WS -TL by any chance..in the meantime,while I didnt time to catch up with all your doings?

Perhaps their appeal for information/witnesses has already had useful results? German LE & SY both said they were working through hundreds of contacts received after the appeal.
'
I completely agree Loobyloo ...... most cold-cases and old-cases are solved when someone comes forward with even the smallest (but very relevant) tip that may lead to an arrest. In order to stir the pot police will come up with some high publicity announcements such as we are seeing with CB named as a suspect.

The tipster may very well have been involved in some crimes himself back then and would never squeal on a friend .... but after years go by and police are pleading for information the tipster fancies themselves as a hero by now helping police. May even include some immunity deals and reward money.

Actually most crimes are solved by tips from the general public .... the problem in Madeleine's case they would have been swamped with thousands of (mostly worthless) tips back then .... however today is more of a mature situation and police can focus on any new information to bolster what evidence they have now.

With the public potentially offering tips recently, if the German investigators wanted to interview possible Portugal based leads, eg OC ex-staffers as one example, would they need pj help, or they have staff now in PDL and surrounding region do we know ?

Actually I meant in Portugal, where I believe...the mother & daughter (?) cleaned up the place,it was filthy and from what I remember,they also found trashed computers,there was a picture in it,the one with the babyseat.. I don’t even remember wich thread it was..

here's the baby seat photo.

Attachments

• seat.JPG
    seat.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 51
See I don't think that is what he was saying at all.

He is saying he doesn't need a JIT at this time because the crime scene is long since closed down and there are no other opportunities for forensic evidence gathering.

Meanwhile they are clearly continuing to analyse evidence and new leads they have - which are coming directly to them from human sources.

He was speaking in the context of the JIT - which is the danger of google translate.

If for instance, they got a lead on where a body might be in Portugal, clearly they would then need assistance from PJ to help look for it.

That's my understanding too.

In sep and nov 2017 he was serving his 15 months jail conviction (that became 12 months instead).
So I'm confused now. I thought it was during a ten year anniversary programme about MM that CB confessed to a friend and showed them the video of the rape of the American 72 year old woman. That friend was so alarmed they reported it. So that would be May 2017. Where was that confession made? What police force was it reported to? Do we know? I've missed a lot of earlier stuff sorry.

At some point in 2017 he is extradited on a European Arrest warrant for drugs crimes. When was that?

He apparently appears relieved to hear the extradition is for drugs according to the Italian who arrests him. If so, is he already regretting the confession?

Once in Germany he is charged with the rape of the 72 year old suggesting they have access to the report of his confession. Is that a reasonable assumption.

In 2020 they (German LE) announce he's a suspect in the murder of MM. When asked when they reached that conclusion they say during the last 2 years - so 2018 - 20.

Very sorry if getting confused but I'm now lost in the time lines.

Sandra is annoying. If NF is implicated, or complicit, would she not have already been arrested? And in that case, would we not have heard about it?

Lets wait until Friday, Photographer.[/QUOTE]

Right! Maybe NF is already a witness, maybe her father also. Treating her as a suspect could make her stay silent and "jeopardise the investigation"!

With the public potentially offering tips recently, if the German investigators wanted to interview possible Portugal based leads, eg OC ex-staffers as one example, would they need pj help, or they have staff now in PDL and surrounding region do we know ?

As a rule, territorial criminal investigation is a sovereign exclusive. Even if carried out illegally by foreign officials it will hardly be usable in court in their own country, except in some eccentric scenarios Le Carré can create (like US officials doing investigation in Iran).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500