Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #23

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's equally as irritating that The Sun says .......
"But in a blow for Madeleine's parents Kate and Gerry, prosecutors in Germany have now said he had nothing to do with the disappearance of Inga Gehricke"

We knew it was a long shot that CB was involved in Inge's disappearance, but WHY say it's a blow for the MCCanns?
It's a given that The Sun just want's to Mention CB again, but have insulted the Gehrickes in the process IMO.

If anything it's a blow to Inges family.

This is why the entire trial by tabloid media is so disgusting and lacking in due process

According to the Sun, its a bitter blow that CB didn't murder a child?

Disgraceful.

They just make stuff up.

I have mentioned before (though i now forget the specific detail) that an article in 2014 had a source known only as "Brighton mum" who was raging about police failing to quiz a convicted pedophile in the PdL area. Then the same article ran later but now the source of the quote was KM.

So basically the same story was retreaded as a new story.

Personally I doubt "Brighton mum" ever existed

Sinse I'm happy today I will contribute to this thread.

IMO what Wolters does have is witness statements then.

Because photos or videos of MM in possession of CB would be more than enough (if the content were not content available on the press/internet) to charge him for the MM crime.

This is my view as well. Especially if they had physical evidence of what happened after 10pm, they would brief the parents.

If HCW do need the help of public/people and he admited the "evidence" is not that strong then i'm ruling out photos or videos. Maybe witness statements that declared to have seen photos/videos of MM abuse but not the physical thing.

Also I would BET that the relevant witness that HCW does have are the one/s that would not be declaring/participating on the documentary.

But it's just what I think and I might be wrong.

I agree with all this.

My guess is they have the witnesses and some circumstantial evidence like the phonecall.

I think they lack anything to tie him specifically to the crime.

In other words, they believe they know what happened, but they cannot prove it

They make up stuff, because nothing leaks out to the media in the MM case.

So all these reports of "clashing" police forces over three countries has been made up either. IMO they work togehter very close and not against each other.

So all these reports of "clashing" police forces over three countries has been made up either. IMO they work togehter very close and not against each other.

The Met have been very tight indeed over the years. Ditto HCW.

There has been some stuff supposedly out of Portugal - but it is hard to know if they are actual solid PJ sources or rumours.

On balance I agree with you.

Sinse I'm happy today I will contribute to this thread.

IMO what Wolters does have is witness statements then.

Because photos or videos of MM in possession of CB would be more than enough (if the content were not content available on the press/internet) to charge him for the MM crime.

If HCW do need the help of public/people and he admited the "evidence" is not that strong then i'm ruling out photos or videos. Maybe witness statements that declared to have seen photos/videos of MM abuse but not the physical thing.

Also I would BET that the relevant witness that HCW does have are the one/s that would not be declaring/participating on the documentary.

But it's just what I think and I might be wrong.
My view based on what Wolters has said is that he does have photographic evidence of MMs death but this evidence implicates but doesnt prove CBs involvement

My view based on what Wolters has said is that he does have photographic evidence of MMs death but this evidence implicates but doesnt prove CBs involvement

It could go into that direction. In summer 2020 HCW stated that the prosecutors are assuming MM's death.

About 4 months later, he confirmed to SF that he has material evidence that she is dead.

Almost two weeks later DER SPIEGEL released footage of CB, that obviously belongs to the BKA's picture set.

Last edited:

I'd hope all three were sharing info and working towards a common goal... but then you have Cressida Dick/Met maintaining her 'missing person' stance and the McCanns publicly complaining about the pace and nature of the BKA's investigation.

That doesn't really suggest either 'close' or 'cooperation' to me. But jmo.

But we'll see presumably in time if/when this case ever comes to a positive conclusion.

Last edited:
I'd hope all three were sharing info and working towards a common goal... but then you have Cressida Dick/Met maintaining her 'missing person' stance and the McCanns publicly complaining about the pace and nature of the BKA's investigation.

That doesn't really suggest either 'close' or 'cooperation' to me. But jmo.

In germany, investigations usually aren't based on the approval of the public, because our system doesn't work that way.

We pay taxes, authorities do their duty. Thats all. There is no money to be granted, to do work and give prosecuters some kind of "raison d'être".

I just watched the french Gregory V. case documentary on Netflix and was astonished, how the media, the police forces and the judges in france had been involved and doing their job in that case. I can't say if that is usual in 2021 anymore, but it was heartbreaking for me! There hasn't been any secrecy about the ongoing investigation, as i understood.

In germany, there isn't any duty of the prosecuters, to reveal anything they have to anyone. Not even to the family of a crime. Sometimes i think, some of us think they must inform the parents. Our system works not that way.

That may be debatable, but solving the crime is the main focus. No german prosecuter will reveal his evidence, because somebody has the opinion, that he or she has the right to know about!

Reveal your evidence to someone, and you will solve at least 50% of the cases, if you are a german prosecuter. You won't have to do interrogations anymore, because the interrogated person had enough time, to build up a legend.

If you know what i mean....

As arrogant, or maybe evil as it may sound, but they are prosecuters with the goal to pin the suspect, they aren't social workers.....

Last edited:
In germany, there isn't any duty of the prosecuters, to reveal anything they have to anyone. Not even to the family of a crime. Sometimes i think, some of us think they must inform the parents. Our system works not that way.

That's precisely my point, Superdad!

I was responding to your suggestion that all 3 forces were likely working close and cooperatively together behind the scenes and that reports of 'lack of cooperation' was just made-up media bullcrap. For the reasons given in my earlier post (and I have numerous other examples), I really do not believe that to be the case.

I think the BKA is operating exactly as you say above, revealing only what it feels is necessary to the other forces involved, hence the mixed and at times borderline querulous messaging from the latter.

We're agreeing!

Last edited:
I share this view. For German LE to state publically that they strongly believe that MM is dead must require that they have more solid evidence for such a statement than just vitnesses. Otherwise I Think this would be a cruel thing to do towards the parents and very unprofessional behaviour of German LE.
In my opinion they must be 110% sure she is dead to state this publically, they must have rock solid evidence.
Since LE state that they have no forensic evidence I am wondering what else they have that makes them 110% sure, and the most likely thing I Can imagine is some sort of photographic evidence. The only other thing that comes to my mind is vitness statement where the vitness has been able to describe something about MM that LE has been able to verify to an extend that makes them sure that this vitness it telling the truth and that it does involve MM. I have no clue what that could be.
All above just my opinion and I may be wrong.

I share this view. For German LE to state publically that they strongly believe that MM is dead must require that they have more solid evidence for such a statement than just vitnesses. Otherwise I Think this would be a cruel thing to do towards the parents and very unprofessional behaviour of German LE.
In my opinion they must be 110% sure she is dead to state this publically, they must have rock solid evidence.
Since LE state that they have no forensic evidence I am wondering what else they have that makes them 110% sure, and the most likely thing I Can imagine is some sort of photographic evidence. The only other thing that comes to my mind is vitness statement where the vitness has been able to describe something about MM that LE has been able to verify to an extend that makes them sure that this vitness it telling the truth and that it does involve MM. I have no clue what that could be.
All above just my opinion and I may be wrong.

Yes! Shall they show the parents the evidence they have, that points out to the death of a three year old girl, anyway what evidence they have? Pictures?

Has anybody in here have an idea, what footage paedos usually are keen on? That goes far beyond pushing underwear away or showing an erect penis, while a little girl is climbing a tree. It's far beyond, believe me. It's hardcore including small children.

Or maybe chat confessions including graphic descriptions on "deepthroats" on toddlers?

You can't do that! You can't give that info, at last the vile reality to the parents. And that isn't their job at the end. They have do deal with that crap and catch the monsters. Not to make the destroyed lives of the parents even worse.

Please excuse my directness!

"We have factual evidence, not forensic evidence. If we weren't so sure, then we wouldn't have gone public with this information either - we don't feel like embarrassing ourselves either. I would like to give you more information, then many questions would be self-explanatory, but I am not able to do that at the moment."

It's a sincere statement, of that I have no doubt. But... I just wonder why he continues to feel the need to 'tease'? Because that's exactly what he's doing. Why doesn't he just say 'no comment' and leave it there?

"In germany, there isn't any duty of the prosecuters, to reveal anything they have to anyone. Not even to the family of a crime."

Someone needs to point Herr Wolters in ^that direction.

Last edited:
In germany, investigations usually aren't based on the approval of the public, because our system doesn't work that way.

We pay taxes, authorities do their duty. Thats all. There is no money to be granted, to do work and give prosecuters some kind of "raison d'être".

I just watched the french Gregory V. case documentary on Netflix and was astonished, how the media, the police forces and the judges in france had been involved and doing their job in that case. I can't say if that is usual in 2021 anymore, but it was heartbreaking for me! There hasn't been any secrecy about the ongoing investigation, as i understood.

That may be debatable, but solving the crime is the main focus. No german prosecuter will reveal his evidence, because somebody has the opinion, that he or she has the right to know about!

Reveal your evidence to someone, and you will solve at least 50% of the cases, if you are a german prosecuter. You won't have to do interrogations anymore, because the interrogated person had enough time, to build up a legend.

If you know what i mean....

As arrogant, or maybe evil as it may sound, but they are prosecuters with the goal to pin the suspect, they aren't social workers.....
Sounds like a game of chess

This article is a few weeks old, but shows HCW's confidence that he has the right perp IMO. Let's hope they will get enough, eventually, to charge CB.

"We have factual evidence, not forensic evidence." And Wolters adds: "If we weren't so sure, then we wouldn't have gone public with this information either - we don't feel like embarrassing ourselves either."
Many questions are open to outsiders. Wolters knows that. "I would like to give you more information, then many questions would be self-explanatory, but I am not able to do that at the moment."

Wie geht es weiter im Fall "Maddie" McCann?
I like that he says ‘at the moment’, let’s just be patient

I really hope so, 3 of a kind.
Maybe the MM case will be a silver lining for EU/LE to start working together and improve, the investigation for a strong, solid bound to block criminals, Sex offenders from escaping justice.

I am unable in my country to watch the Discovery + documentary. Does it actually show the face of CP? Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristineah