Madeleine McCann: German Prisoner Identified as Suspect, #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
Useful traces of DNA on clothes, buried 16 years ago?

I doubt it, but let's hope they find what they are looking for!

"In fact, clothing is often the best source of evidence in a sexual assault case. Unlike the human body that continues to change as a result of biological needs and hygiene, crime scene evidence such as clothing is typically stable. Therefore, DNA evidence that is recovered from such a source is likely to be detectable for many years and perhaps even decades following a sexual assault."

The type of DNA they'll be hoping to find is semen.

"In fact, clothing is often the best source of evidence in a sexual assault case. Unlike the human body that continues to change as a result of biological needs and hygiene, crime scene evidence such as clothing is typically stable. Therefore, DNA evidence that is recovered from such a source is likely to be detectable for many years and perhaps even decades following a sexual assault."

The paper never cited a case where it was the case of DNA evidence being recovered from clothing years later.

I still do not really believe in the alleged payama/rags reports yet. As i understand the reports over the last three years, CB seems to be a kind of trophy collector.

Swimsuits in the Allegro, footage on hard drives and buried to keep the opportunity, to get it back whenever he wants to.

So why should he got rid of the most famous trophy just on that penninsula, a trophy keeping paedo could probably achieve?

Does it make sense?
I could imagine him having a buried storage box/case for a gun, drugs, usb sticks. A criminal acquaintance could have learned of that.

Very interesting that they are extending the search for a third day, the optimist in me says it's because they have found something, the pessimist in me says it's because they haven't found anything and don't want to look like idiots.
If they've found something why not continue overnight?

As i said, let's hope they will succeed in this thing.

But why to bury this stuff beside a campside, instead of throwing it into the campfire?

I still assume, they are looking for traces of some kind of human remains. Usually you don't detect fibres of clothing by sticking poles into the ground in a particular pattern imho....

Very interesting that they are extending the search for a third day, the optimist in me says it's because they have found something, the pessimist in me says it's because they haven't found anything and don't want to look like idiots.
I don't see why they should be considered idiots even if they fail. All it would mean is that their reliable information was not as reliable as was first thought. Unless they have coordinates its always going to be a needle in a haystack task.

I can't find it now but I remember reading a while ago that CB could be released soon as he has served his sentence. Can anyone confirm if this is true? Could finding a connection to MM be the difference between him being released and not?

I can't find it now but I remember reading a while ago that CB could be released soon as he has served his sentence. Can anyone confirm if this is true? Could finding a connection to MM be the difference between him being released and not?
CB still has to serve about 2.5 years in prison and other charges (except MM) awaiting, including a related arrest warrant.

But yes, time is slowly (!) running short for the ongoing charges to become legally binding, in case of being sentenced.

That's why newly slim FF plays some time, according to the responsibility of the Braunschweig regional court.

I don't think so, unless charges have been laid and he is thought to be at risk of absconding.
Once his sentence has been served the authorities have no right to hold him.
I suspect these 5 outstanding charges (currently pending over jurisdiction) are aa ploy to keep him locked up for a further term.

I've seen a lot in the recent footage, but no power generator and wires for spotlights....
It doesn’t look like they’ve hit on anything substantial today. They’ve been working that 1 area but it doesn’t look like there was a moment where they secured the area & brought forensic teams down. I think they might be in the right area but fear that they’d need a good month to get anywhere with it

i suspect that they went in looking for anything resembling clothing, so those bags contain pretty much anything found made from cloth, to be examined at the station.
Important to note that Maddies pink pyjamas would be anything but pink at this stage, so any old rag could be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahadelaide