Madeleine McCann: German Prisoner Identified as Suspect, #37

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Smithman fable doesn't concern me at all Frank. There is no evidence for any of it let alone proof. So an irrelevance. All that matters is evidence. And that is what is motivating three police forces to name CB as prime suspect. That is the sum and substance of what is a very big thing indeed.
My opinion
Agreed

Reactions: Mex
In retrospect, it was a screw-up from minute 1 when no crime scene was established and every man and his dog traipsed all over the property, inside and out, trashing any hope of serious and timely forensic examination.

IMO, the whole thing could be described as a comedy of errors, except that it isn't funny.
I just copied this message from the William Tyrell thread. His disappearance occurred six years after MM - appears the mistakes made by the PJ are made by other countries’ LE too.

I just copied this message from the William Tyrell thread. His disappearance occurred six years after MM - appears the mistakes made by the PJ are made by other countries’ LE too.

Regarding NSW Police, I believe that they have since changed their operating procedures to ensure that homicide detectives are assigned to such cases nowadays.

Another contributing factor with the Tyrrell case is that the events occurred in a sleepy country backwater, where the first responders were not necessarily well trained to deal with such circumstances.

Regarding NSW Police, I believe that they have since changed their operating procedures to ensure that homicide detectives are assigned to such cases nowadays.

Another contributing factor with the Tyrrell case is that the events occurred in a sleepy country backwater, where the first responders were not necessarily well trained to deal with such circumstances.
It is a horrible thing when police screw up particularly when there is a missing child in the equation. All that can be done is what NSW police have done and that is to learn from their mistakes. That did not happen in the MM case particularly following on so quickly from another missing child case in close proximity.

There's a lot of nonsense in that link. Not that I believe an abduction took place but, let's pretend I do for the sake of argument: First, no one would need a lock pic for an apartment where access was readily available though unlocked patio doors. Since CB is an alleged master burglar, I think we can be quite confident that rather than fiddling about at the front door with a lock pick, he would have chosen to enter through a door that required nothing more than opening. Second, the idea that this alleged abductor used paint solvent to sedate MM is ludicrous! Paint solvent has a very strong, distinctive and lingering smell. If such a method was used, the smell would have been noted and reported. It wasn't.

It's comical, the idea that the BKA is electrified by either of the above 'revelations'.

Sources indeed.

I really hope HCW has some evidence that directly ties CB to a murder beyond this general stuff but I can certainly see where a world where he doesn't.

I must say i am mystified at the claims this guy would be in witness protection - surely not as regards CB? Was CB going to murder him or something?

There are so many wild claims ...

It is a horrible thing when police screw up particularly when there is a missing child in the equation. All that can be done is what NSW police have done and that is to learn from their mistakes. That did not happen in the MM case particularly following on so quickly from another missing child case in close proximity.
That really says it all.
It doesn't matter what the crime is if you are the victim and police foul up.

I really hope HCW has some evidence that directly ties CB to a murder beyond this general stuff but I can certainly see where a world where he doesn't.

I must say i am mystified at the claims this guy would be in witness protection - surely not as regards CB? Was CB going to murder him or something?

CB is a criminal who associates with criminals. I don't find it strange at all that someone who grassed him in might have been advised to enter witness protection. He certainly is a witness who will know exactly why he might need protection.

As an aside - just looking for any sort of information has it's dangers too. Did you see MWT getting off his mark when making his documentary with a disgruntled guy hot on his heels? I don't think it was for effect.

And for years? It makes me wonder if it’s connected to his testimony in the rape trial besides the MM investigation.

‘As a key witness in the case, Helge B. has been under protection for years by Germany's Federal Criminal Police Office (BKA).’

In witness protection was he? Strange then that media all over the continent knew all about him within hours of the June 2020 appeal. Very strange indeed.

I was on WS hiatus when this story was published, but just wanted to ask - where does this person (who has changed his name) fit into the CB story/associates? Does he have older initials on our initials reference list?

Reactions: Mex
That really says it all.
It doesn't matter what the crime is if you are the victim and police foul up.

What all these cases illustrate to me, is how badly police forces are messing up on dealing with sex crimes, domestic abuse etc which can escalate to murder.

There is a heavy "people in glasshouses ..." aspect to this, especially as regards The Met, a force that is so corrupt and inept, with sex offenders within it's own ranks - that politicians have called for root and branch reform at a minimum, if not it's complete replacement.

it seems clear that CB operated as a sex predator in the Algarve over multiple years, if not Germany as well, unless we think he only does his breaking and entering / rapes while in Portugal

He never would have been caught, had he not been ratted out. But unfortunately that is all to common in the UK, US etc

I was reading about a guy who did a murder in the US, who would have been caught sooner, only they never processed the rape kit from his first rape ... Sigh

And for years? It makes me wonder if it’s connected to his testimony in the rape trial besides the MM investigation.

‘As a key witness in the case, Helge B. has been under protection for years by Germany's Federal Criminal Police Office (BKA).’

Right - hardly seems likely that he'd be under witness protection for CB?

Wonder if it was for the trafficking, or perhaps just a wild claim?

If you are under witness protection, why would you be doing media interviews? A lot of this reporting makes little sense to me.

If you are under witness protection, why would you be doing media interviews? A lot of this reporting makes little sense to me.
Maybe it’s on his terms!

But seriously, I’m also confused about the media presence and the court witness juxtaposition. I can only wonder if he has a massive embargo on what he can chat about. Just my own musings.

Maybe it’s on his terms!

But seriously, I’m also confused about the media presence and the court witness juxtaposition. I can only wonder if he has a massive embargo on what he can chat about. Just my own musings.

I'm guessing there is no way to stop him talking.

CB hasn't been charged with anything as relates to MM

With the rape case it was already publicly reported what he saw on the tapes. One wonders whether his testimony would be recycled for the additional charges, or whether he has to appear again. It's quite possible they just take judicial notice, but its german procedure so who knows. Maybe he has to testify again.

No, he is known as CP on the forum. He was with CB in Portugal. There isn’t much about him but he’s dodgy like the rest of them.

What all these cases illustrate to me, is how badly police forces are messing up on dealing with sex crimes, domestic abuse etc which can escalate to murder.

There is a heavy "people in glasshouses ..." aspect to this, especially as regards The Met, a force that is so corrupt and inept, with sex offenders within it's own ranks - that politicians have called for root and branch reform at a minimum, if not it's complete replacement.

it seems clear that CB operated as a sex predator in the Algarve over multiple years, if not Germany as well, unless we think he only does his breaking and entering / rapes while in Portugal

He never would have been caught, had he not been ratted out. But unfortunately that is all to common in the UK, US etc

I was reading about a guy who did a murder in the US, who would have been caught sooner, only they never processed the rape kit from his first rape ... Sigh
Personally imo CB was solely operating as a sex predator in Portugal after his run in with the German authoritys in his youth, took until 2019 it seems to catch up with these.

The article posted by Okapi and other articles say has been, past tense, so no longer under witness protection, imo it's related to what is not happening with the five charges CB was charged with and have now been dropped.Do the German Judiciary shut down at the end of the month for all of August, if correct time is ticking to get jurisdiction sorted until summer recess.

How did CB find out that HB's evidence against him in the MM case included his own (CB's) words "She didn't even scream"?
As he seems to be in solitary confinement, the likeliest source would be his lawyer. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500