Major inconsistencies are raising doubt...

Tristan said:
Ever since this news broke a few days ago, my head has been swimming with
questions and theories.

I watched Nancy Grace tonight, and they asked FBI investigators, as well as many other experts, if they thought that Karr is responsible for murdering
Jonbenet, and every one of them said "No."

I am positively incensed that ANYONE is taking this guy seriously.

He is NOT Jonbenet's killer, and his so-called "confession" is a joke.

I watched him respond to reporters, and when they asked ANYTHING remotely telling, he would say, "No comment."
For example, "How do you know the Ramseys?"
Karr's answer: "No comment."

"How did you get into the basement?"
Karr: "I have no comment."

and on and on.

He said he picked her up from school....on Christmas!
He said he raped her....he didn't.
He said he was in Boulder the day of her murder....he WASN'T!

If this nutjob gets convicted of murdering Jonbenet, when clearly he did not do it, that will CEMENT my theory that the Ramseys are orchestrating a HUGE cover-up.

I am just beyond frustrated by this whole sick charade!
You might well be right, but I do have a few caveats.
1. His "no comments" mean nothing. It's not important that he's giving pertinent details to the mass media; it's important whether he's given them to the police.
2. The statements that he picked her up at school and had sex with her were made by the Thai immigration cop, not by him. This policeman, whose English is not immaculate, has admitted that he was not present at any interrogation. He has already backed down on some statements.

scandi said:
Julia, he was not yet in a Thai prison, but being investigated by Suwat for something he did sexually inappropriate at his apt there in Bangkok. They were probably trying to make the case against him, and then he started his 1st day teaching at the International School on this last Tuesday.

I'll lay you odds 10 to 1 he will end up being JonBenet's killer. I feel it in my bones and with my intellect after all that I have read.

Scandi
I'm going to agree with you on this, Scandi. I think he did it. It's just a feeling. There are just too many coincidences, I think it's going to be him.

Many of the so-called "inconsistencies" the THs are yakking about have turned out to be incorrect reporting (or the Thai police making things up).

His ex-wife has not come up with any pictures yet. His brother Nate, who was so vocal on Greta the day he was arrested, has been mysteriously silent since then. Nate obviously doesn't know his brother very well.

I don't know how long it takes to get from where he lived to Boulder, but I'm thinking it could have done.

Hyatt said:
Tristan, my own sentiments echo all of yours. Like everyone else here, I really wanted the truth regarding this case to come out. But unfortunately, I don't believe that it ever can now. But I find it incredible that there is ANY effort whatsoever being put into taking Karr seriously. The D.A. - the media - are all just marching on full steam ahead - and this in spite of the fact that so many experts are saying that this is bogus.

How I interpreted the press conference: there is NO evidence, and no case. They are still trying to make a case. And I have to say that I resented her quoting JR's words in this context - although it did serve to inform me of where her head is at. This entire Karr thing is a total sham.

Here is CNN going on about this. A little while ago I heard that he provided details known only to "a few people". Now I'm hearing details known to only the lead investigators and the medical examiner. They're making it up as they go along. Do any of you really think that there are still details that are not known to most of us?

JMO
Jeffrey Fieger was on Catherine Crier a couple of days ago shakiung his head and saying "What's wrong with the media? It's obvivous this guy is a FRAUD!" He wasn't afraid to come out on national television and state that JMK was making fools of the media and LE around the world.

Its about 1500 miles so about 25 to 30 hours on the road each direction. You might also consider December weather and Holiday traffic when calculating time.

I also watched an interview with the Minister of the Church the Karr's attended and that buried their twins. He said the family was basically "dirt poor" during this period. Teh ex wifes Attorney said the same thing and that the Karr's didnt have a vehicle let alone the funds for a trip like that.

dark_shadows said:
Hi Tristan,:)
I do not believe that he is the killer.

Here is a link stating that the Thailand Lt.Gen. Suwat Tumrongsiskul (Thai Immigration)did in fact state that Karr told investigators that he had given her drugs and claimed to have picked her up from school.

Lt. Gen. Suwat Tumrongsiskul of the Thai immigration police changed some details Friday of the account he had given of what Karr told investigators. In a telephone interview Thursday with The Associated Press, Suwat quoted Karr as saying he had sexually assaulted the girl and given her drugs. He also told reporters before a news conference Thursday that Karr had claimed to have picked up JonBenet at her school.
The link;
Hi DS, Suwat ultimately changed his "report".Here is a subsequent article :
http://orangecounty.cox.net/cci/newsnational/national?_mode=view&_state=maximized&view=article&id=D8JISC180&_action=validatearticle

On Friday, Suwat confirmed to the AP his account of the sexual assault. But asked Friday if Karr gave the girl drugs, Suwat said the suspect described the encounter with JonBenet Ramsey as "a blur."

"It may have been drugs, or it may have been something else because (Karr said) it was a blur, blur," Suwat said.

Suwat also said Friday that his statement about the girl being picked from school was based on a documentary he had seen and not the interrogation

I haven't believed it since the first minute I heard it.

I bet that within a week, he will be cleared.

S.B.T.C. - Saved By The Cross

The killer would have had to be it:

Jonbenet's bedroom, her bathroom & dresser (to wash and change her), the hallway, two sets of stairs, the kitchen, the kitchen cabinets, the dinining area/breakfast room, the basement area and the "secret room".

And yet not leave one bit of himself behind except (possibly) a tiny speck of DNA?

I wish I COULD believe that JMK is the killer, but I don't believe it even for a minute.

foxbluff said:
I wish I COULD believe that JMK is the killer, but I don't believe it even for a minute.
Welcome foxbluff. there is talk of him having a lying disorder now. Well, maybe there has always been talk of it.

foxbluff said:

foxbluff,

Well if he is charged and goes to trial we will find out, and John Ramsey would have to return to the USofA for that event!

Its simply possible that the federal law enforcement wanted some rationale for extraditing JMK, and Michael Tracey may have simply been the sting element, also we dont know what other, if any, crimes JMK may be involved in, but law enforcement will, and this may be motivating them.

wenchie said:
The killer would have had to be it:

Jonbenet's bedroom, her bathroom & dresser (to wash and change her), the hallway, two sets of stairs, the kitchen, the kitchen cabinets, the dinining area/breakfast room, the basement area and the "secret room".

And yet not leave one bit of himself behind except (possibly) a tiny speck of DNA?
If it is JMK, the logical scenario is that he was in the house while the Ramseys were out for the evening, and waited for them to return home. That is when he would've had the time to write and re-write that lengthy ransom note. So, yes, there would be his DNA (and fingerprints?) on several things in the house!

I personally have my doubts about JMK being the killer. That ransom note is why it doesn't seem to be him ~ not because of the handwriting, but I can't get my mind around a pedophile or child molester leaving such a note. It seems he has a mental disorder and may actually believe he was involved in the crime because he is so absorbed in it.
:(

panthera said:
If it is JMK, the logical scenario is that he was in the house while the Ramseys were out for the evening, and waited for them to return home. That is when he would've had the time to write and re-write that lengthy ransom note. So, yes, there would be his DNA (and fingerprints?) on several things in the house!
I'm a newbie WS'er so forgive me if this has been discussed - trying to catch up on everything! I too was wondering if he (or someone?) was already in the house either before the Ramsey's left for the party or entered while they were gone. Is it known if a security/alarm system was activated while the Ramsey's were out that evening?

ScooterD said:
I'm a newbie WS'er so forgive me if this has been discussed - trying to catch up on everything! I too was wondering if he (or someone?) was already in the house either before the Ramsey's left for the party or entered while they were gone. Is it known if a security/alarm system was activated while the Ramsey's were out that evening?
Welcome! I'm relying on memory from almost ten years ago, but I believe the alarm was "off" ~ at least when they went to bed. They'd had many guests over to the house in the days prior, if someone wanted to case the house. There was that basement window,also, that he could've used.

panthera said:
Welcome! I'm relying on memory from almost ten years ago, but I believe the alarm was "off" ~ at least when they went to bed. They'd had many guests over to the house in the days prior, if someone wanted to case the house. There was that basement window,also, that he could've used.
Thanks Panthera! That answer's that question and I knew about the window. And regarding the window, there wasn't any foot prints in the snow if I recall correctly. And that what's keep me thinking the person came right in through the door.

ScooterD said:
Thanks Panthera! That answer's that question and I knew about the window. And regarding the window, there wasn't any foot prints in the snow if I recall correctly. And that what's keep me thinking the person came right in through the door.
You're welcome. We do know there was no sign of forced entry. I also recall John Ramsey saying something about the window being broken (prior to that night), but not sure what the details were. You're correct, no footprints were found. Of course, the Ramseys had many people over there at the time LE was there that morning (the 26th).

I just heard on the Lineup that a NY newspaper hired an outside handwriting expert who has studied Karr's handwriting, to see how it compares with the ransom note.

It was a match!

Scandi

scandi said:
I just heard on the Lineup that a NY newspaper hired an outside handwriting expert who has studied Karr's handwriting, to see how it compares with the ransom note.

It was a match!

Scandi
I'm watching the Lineup also! The more pictures I see of JMK, he is one strange looking individual!
:eek:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaBN1
Back