Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's approximately 2300 to Bejing. Wonder how much extra fuel they carry?

We were told that they had about 1 - 1.5 hours extra fuel when the news first broke.
5.5 - 6 hour flight. They allegedly had 7 hours of fuel when they took off.

I have also seen reports that they had 8 hours worth of fuel...
However, 7 hours is the only time I've seen a number sourced from someone who might know.

This is from the first page of the first thread as we learned about it.

@NewsBreaker:Malaysia Airlines VP Op. says missing plane had enough fuel for 7hrs; would've run out of fuel 1hr ago http://bit.ly/1hUkJxZ

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=237325"]Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Does anyone know if the flight engineer who was a passenger,had ever had previous contact with either the pilot of the copilot? It seems like they are pretty lax about letting people into the cockpit. Could this passenger have befriended one of them and said,"if I'm ever on your plane,mind if I sit in?" Maybe as a professional courtesy,they broke rules and let him in the cockpit and somehow he overtook them? Seems farfetched,but someone would have to have had knowledge of a plane,and so far,he seems to be the only one.

I'll bet the company that manufacturers Bushnell binoculars is going to see a huge spike in profits this month.

hmm
someone remind me what the flight time was between KL and Beijing...I thought it was a 3 hour flight?

I KNOW this is wrong, but while reading this I heard in my head..
"A 3 hour tour.....a 3 hour tour..."

Maybe we should check on Gilligans Island? :giggle:

Disclaimer-Injecting levity (or trying to), please do not take this as making fun of possible tragedy.

he later said wrong guy! he was influenced by a reporter helping him out with the name of the footballer he was trying to remember or something

Yes, I remember that but I cannot remember what the name was, he originally was trying to say..crappit.

All I can say -- is How a Big Plane HAS gone missing with all these People on it has to be the weirdest, and scariest thing to happen. How do you lose a Plane with NO trace of anything...... Wow, BEYOND belief!!

Jumbo-13-june.gif

We were told that they had about 1 - 1.5 hours extra fuel when the news first broke.

12:41am: Take-off
8:11am: Last ACARS satellite ping from plane. Experts state up to 1 hour fuel remaining. (Last ping could be from ground).

So it appears that investigators are saying plane could have flown up to 8.5 hrs.

Remember, the number of total hours the plane could fly is not set in stone. Rate of fuel usage is affected by engine thrust and altitude (faster=more used up, lower=more used up).

I KNOW this is wrong, but while reading this I heard in my head..
"A 3 hour tour.....a 3 hour tour..."

Maybe we should check on Gilligans Island? :giggle:

Disclaimer-Injecting levity (or trying to), please do not take this as making fun of possible tragedy.

oh NOOO..now I have that theme in my head too!

Not gonna bash you--come out of hiding! :)

Thing is, you are right they are all victims. That we know of. But until we know more, even CNN live stated earlier that the victims are, at the same time, all suspects too. :(

JMO

Good post. And it's probably good to remember that even governments are considering each person aboard #370 right now. Not accusing, just taking a much closer look for possible connections or motives. WS is wise (and allowed) to follow suit.

I'll bet the company that manufacturers Bushnell binoculars is going to see a huge spike in profits this month.

Don't forget-

1) Aleve- From info overload headaches and neck and backaches from staring at the internet for hours on end.
2) Heating Pads- *Same as above
3) Eyeglass manufacturers- For those staring at Tomnod tiles until we no longer can blink
4) Alcohol companies- Who DOESN'T need a drink from trying to wrap their minds around MH370?

Oh sorry, confusion. :scared: No, I'm talking about a hostage-type situation. So, let's say this plane (370) is currently hidden in some remote hanger in the midst of goats in Western China, Kazakhstan, Kyrgystan, etc.. We do not know what has happened to the passengers. Now, let's say this was a test run for some future mission, where the passengers would be kept alive and held as hostages. The hijacked plane that time woudl be an American airline carrying majority American passengers, leaving from some place where the route would be similar to the one taken for 370. Let's say KL again, or Bangkok, etc.. They hijack in the same way (if the theory of 370 is correct). They take these American passengers hostage in some remote location, near wherever remote location they landed the plane. So, in other words, no US radar involved.
Ummm, the US does sell our radar to other countries. I know this for a fact. In 1981, an American company sold US radar to the government of Singapore.

However, 7 hours is the only time I've seen a number sourced from someone who might know.

This is from the first page of the first thread as we learned about it.

@NewsBreaker:Malaysia Airlines VP Op. says missing plane had enough fuel for 7hrs; would've run out of fuel 1hr ago http://bit.ly/1hUkJxZ

Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Yep I saw 7 and possibly 8 :scared:

Don't forget-

1) Aleve- From info overload headaches and neck and backaches from staring at the internet for hours on end.
2) Heating Pads- *Same as above
3) Eyeglass manufacturers- For those staring at Tomnod tiles until we no longer can blink
4) Alcohol companies- Who DOESN'T need a drink from trying to wrap their minds around MH370?

oooooh boy, so true :floorlaugh:

??????????????

Is it possible for Extra Fuel to be hidden away in the Cargo bay?

Instead of Fruits and the such.....?

pirates5B15D_th.gif
Given that jet fuel is extremely flammable, that would seem foolhardy. I suppose it's possible, but they would still have to land to refuel using containers of jet fuel. I don't even know if it's possible to just open up the tank and dump it in, like a car, either...

Pilot on CNN said he is NOT comfortable with the "all right, good night" sign-off. Says Asians don't usually use that vernacular. Says he would like to hear that whole coversation (15-20 minutes before that), to hear the context of the conversation. Said Asians usually very precise and use proper sign-off terms.

Very interesting.
Agreed, the good night is ominous to me, like saying "GOODBYE!"

Yes, I remember that but I cannot remember what the name was, he originally was trying to say..crappit.

I did some searching but I can't find it, I think it was still an Italian player

I don't know about that but think of all the nations who are cooperating right now to try and find that plane.

I think to say they are all "cooperating" would be very generous. :twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members