Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this is the plane, then I don't think we have been mislead about the pings, the transponder, the acars, radars, the turnaround etc....as they are spot on with the calculations from this info....

If this is the case then can someone else please remind me of what ended up being confirmed about the timing of the turnaround???

It was a seven or eight digit code that had to be keyed in is that correct? and this was done 17 mins before the all right good night?

12:41am: Take-off
1:07am: Last ACARS status message, shows future left turn already keyed in.
1:19am: "Alright, good night"
1:21am: Transponder off, plane turns left shortly after, apparent maneuvers.
1:30am: Nearby pilot contacts MH-370, hears only "buzz" and "mumbling".
1:37am: ACARS does not send scheduled status message, must be off.
1:22am - 2:15am: Wild altitude changes, plane re-crosses Thai/Malay peninsula, turns NE toward Penang/Butterworth, but before arriving turns again sharply NW.
2:15am: MH-370 leaves Malay/Thai radar heading NW in direction of Andaman Islands.

This is vital if you ask me, because if this was done then the mechanical error does not hold to me and it leads me to one theory...........a suicide mission.......but by whom??

It's still somewhat ambiguous. The evidence suggests intentional diversion to me (I feel about 75% sure, personally), but there's probably still a way to concoct a really wild mechanical error scenario.

If these are parts of the plane, I have two reactions:

1) Where were they headed??? I don't believe it was suicide - I think they were headed somewhere. Unless planning an attack on Australia, the next stop would've been the east coast of Africa. That would seem like piracy or an external hijacking to me, not the pilots.

2) My heart is breaking. I had held out hope that the passengers are being held hostage somewhere and would be reunited with their families. It would be horrific enough to die in a plane crash, but it would be made worse to go through a hijacking, hours of flying to who-knows-where, and then to go down. :cry:

I can't help it. I just don't believe that this it it. I believe the electronic evidence which tells us that the plane was in the air headed for Pakistan 7 hours after it disappeared. If the plane had crashed after that last Electronic handshake it would not now be way down south west of Australia..

The Norwegian car carrier Hoegh St. Petersburg has reached the area in the southern Indian Ocean off Australia where two floating objects, suspected to be debris from the missing Malaysian jetliner, were spotted, the ship owner’s said on Thursday.

Höegh Autoliners, the vessel’s owner and the Norwegian Ship-owners Association will hold a joint press conference today at 2:30pm Oslo time.

http://www.euronews.com/2014/03/20/...till-to-be-confirmed-says-malaysian-minister/

Joint press conference? I wonder with who??

bbm

So if this IS the plane it must have flown over Indonesia, right?

Could the pilot have been trying to get back to KL because of cockpit problems (a la "startlingly simple" theory), and auto pilot took it several hours in that direction?

Surely if it IS here, it rules out terrorism and hijacking, where would they have been going??

Not necessarily. Remember, it was reported by Reuters that the plane was tracked navigating the waypoints, taking it over the Strait of Malacca then out toward the Indian Ocean, thus flying north of Indonesia. I don't recall whether Malaysia ever confirmed this.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/03/14/us-malaysia-airlines-radar-exclusive-idUSBREA2D0DG20140314

I can't help it. I just don't believe that this it it. I believe the electronic evidence which tells us that the plane was in the air headed for Pakistan 7 hours after it disappeared. If the plane had crashed after that last
Electronic handshake it would not now be way down south west of Australia..

I so hope you're right. This is what I've been thinking for a week now. DH spent years as an int'l consultant in the Middle East, and his first observation last week when the plane was seen over the Malacca Strait: "They're headed for the Middle East."

At least this would mean the passengers *may* still be alive.

Somebody on CNN just brought up something I was thinking about. I'd bet dollars to donuts that the Australian government has a much better image from a satellite than what they released. They just don't want the world to know how high quality their satellite capabilities are. So I think they are pretty sure this is plane wreckage. JMO

http://news.sky.com/story/1228904/plane-hunt-bad-weather-hits-search-for-objects

A major search for two objects in the southern Indian Ocean that may be related to missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 is being hampered by bad weather.

The UK has also send a Royal Navy survey ship, HMS Echo, to the area as limited visibility is making Australian Air Force operations difficult.

http://www.euronews.com/2014/03/20/...till-to-be-confirmed-says-malaysian-minister/

Peter Marosszéky, an aviation expert at the University of New South Wales in Sydney, said the objects could be some of the thousands of shipping containers that litter the ocean.

Australian authorities have redirected other commercial satellites to take higher resolution images, which might provide more clues.

Read more here: http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/2014...es-2-ships-search-southern.html#storylink=cpy

They could read the headlines of old mate reading a newspaper in Moscow back in the early days of the cold war with the first spy sat's ever concieved or put into space... I'm pretty sure they could tell you if you have a melanoma and give you some advice on what a bad tattoo you've got on your left butt cheek these days lol

The images they've got have been taken by SPY SATELLITES and have been further analyzed by the ADF's intelligence departments, which would start with an expert confirmation by geospatial imaging and analysis experts within...

I've done my "sign off" here because I am 99.9999% sure they are going to confirm this within the next 12/24hrs

I can't help it. I just don't believe that this it it. I believe the electronic evidence which tells us that the plane was in the air headed for Pakistan 7 hours after it disappeared. If the plane had crashed after that last Electronic handshake it would not now be way down south west of Australia..

Yes, it could be there. The southern arc of the last electronic handshake passes directly over the Southern Indian Ocean area Australia is searching.

I won't believe this is MH-370 until wreckage is confirmed. But this potential location is 100% consistent with the satellite ping evidence (see map several posts above).

I can understand why they waited until they had ships and others almost there before announcing it to the public. In this world of instant news, the wait would have produced more anxiety and devastation for the families of those missing. Remember...if it is wreckage...their loved ones have perished and all hope is lost. Australia wanted to be particularly cautious. I believe they have handled it correctly.

IIRC Satellites or on a course, mostly a 24 hr course to the same area. They can be taken off of their course but it is big doings and not just for any reason. It takes time for the satellite to redirect its self from commands made from the ground. They must have good reason to believe this could be it if they are moving a satellites course. jmo

My questions is, Is this the plane? or a container ?

I can understand why they waited until they had ships and others almost there before announcing it to the public. In this world of instant news, the wait would have produced more anxiety and devastation for the families of those missing. Remember...if it is wreckage...their loved ones have perished and all hope is lost. Australia wanted to be particularly cautious. I believe they have handled it correctly.

I totally agree, why cause any hysteria until one is certain. Look at the upset that has been caused by all the misinformation that has already been announced in the media.

Australia expects to make a quick deliberation on whether possible debris seen at sea is indeed from flight MH370, a report said, but a first spotter flight failed to locate anything in bad weather.

Authorities should know something definite on the possible discovery of debris from the missing Malaysia Airlines plane within “two or three days”, the Australian Associated Press quoted Defence Minister David Johnston as saying in Jakarta.

Read more: UPDATE 22: MISSING MH370 : Definite findings on debris in 2-3 days, Australia - Latest - New Straits Times http://www.nst.com.my/latest/font-c...a-1.523398?cache=wixtvnujghdrti#ixzz2wVT2Akez

bbm ibm

They could read the headlines of old mate reading a newspaper in Moscow back in the early days of the cold war with the first spy sat's ever concieved or put into space... I'm pretty sure they could tell you if you have a melanoma and give you some advice on what a bad tattoo you've got on your left butt cheek these days lol

The images they've got have been taken by SPY SATELLITES and have been further analyzed by the ADF's intelligence departments, which would start with an expert confirmation by geospatial imaging and analysis experts within...

I've done my "sign off" here because I am 99.9999% sure they are going to confirm this within the next 12/24hrs

Haha at bolded bit!

Don't leave us Derryn, we will still have plenty of threads after this one I think, and your input has been invaluable.

I read too big (almost 80 feet) for container. jmo

There are 80 ft containers. We (work) receive them often from China.

20 and 40 are the more common ones. Shipping and receiving get grumpy when they hear we have a 80 coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member