Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
:truce:

The Chinese heard it on Friday. They cleared the area of all ships, went back on Saturday and heard it again.

That's been reported upthread.

Here's the link again..

http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/05/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-plane/

The ship first detected a signal Friday but couldn't record it because the signal stopped abruptly, a Shanghai-based Communist Party newspaper said.

The signal detected Saturday, the Jiefang Daily said, occurred at 3:57 p.m. Beijing time (3:57 a.m. ET) and lasted about a minute and a half.

It was not clear whether the signal had anything to do with the missing plane.

JMO
All Right, I am tired of all this "secrecy" crap from both China + Malaysia. You are either with the other cooperating nations or you are against them and they should get the heck out of that area.

It is total BS that China is not reporting directly to the command center. They need to get the heck out of the area then. It is a bunch of crap and Austrailia and everyone else should not put up with it.

I have no problem if Austrailia totally ignores them and doesnt send any resources based on their Telephone game they are playing. Just heard on CNN that Austrailia cannot even get ahold of whatever Chinese ship supposedly made this claim. It is a bunch of crap IMO.

There is absolutely no reason that any form of update from any ship or plane in the area cannot get immediate responses from the command center. If a nation like China or Malaysia is not going to play by the same rules as all the other nations and cooperate then they should get the heck out of the area.

Rant Over.

Anish Patel was just on, via phone, with CNN and he made good points in regards to the underwater locator beacon...trying to find a link from the phone in that I just heard.

But in the meantime here is a video with Anish Patel from Dukane-Seacom the manufacturer of the underwater locator beacon
(March 20,2014)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAu1nXZ37Bs"]Dukane-Seacom ABC 7 Sarasota - YouTube[/ame]

Another, but very brief,video with Dukane-Seacom..we can better hear what the pinger sounds like in this video..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZC0sKVwa6w"]Dukane Seacom NBC News - YouTube[/ame]

CNN this morning, Anish Patel, phone in at 8:47AM ( I am still trying to locate a video from the phone in he just did a few minutes ago)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HADiMD1T7fo"]Chinese ship hears pulse signal in south Indian Ocean | BREAKING NEWS - 5 APRIL - YouTube[/ame]

Timing makes sense. I think:banghead:
"Thinking of re-directing assets to verify". This is baffling.
If they don't trust the Chinese SAR...then why are they even there?

Politics and diplomacy.

The plane was full of Chinese citizens, so they can't tell the Chinese that they can't take part. But I suspect there is concern that if China finds the wreckage (which it will want to do as it will be a massive coup) it will disappear before Boeing etc get to look at it. For 'the public' it's about a couple hundred missing people but on the (inter)national level it is massively more than that with huge headaches for those in charge at all levels.

:truce:

The Chinese heard it on Friday. They cleared the area of all ships, went back on Saturday and heard it again.

That's been reported upthread.

This sounds like a lie because I have been watching CNN and China has no control of whether to order other ships to do anything. It sounded like 1 rogue Chinese ship working on their own. And there is no telling what they heard or did not hear because they only talk with Bejing. By the time the "telephone game" made it way from their ship to Bejing and then from Bejing to Malaysia and then from Malasia to Austrailia, the message was probably changed 3 times. It is ridiculous and stupid.

JMO
All Right, I am tired of all this "secrecy" crap from both China + Malaysia. You are either with the other cooperating nations or you are against them and they should get the heck out of that area.

It is total BS that China is not reporting directly to the command center. They need to get the heck out of the area then. It is a bunch of crap and Austrailia and everyone else should not put up with it.

I have no problem if Austrailia totally ignores them and doesnt send any resources based on their Telephone game they are playing. Just heard on CNN that Austrailia cannot even get ahold of whatever Chinese ship supposedly made this claim. It is a bunch of crap IMO.

There is absolutely no reason that any form of update from any ship or plane in the area cannot get immediate responses from the command center. If a nation like China or Malaysia is not going to play by the same rules as all the other nations and cooperate then they should get the heck out of the area.

Rant Over.

I think it is great that the people of countries/states, whatever get to see how their heads of state/agencies act and respond to emergencies/disasters, it will allow them to see that their representatives are the right one for the job or not. You never know some may end up with a raise/promotion out of this. :fence:

JMO

Rant Over.

I have not seen a single thing that indicates the Chinese govt is not cooperating with the search command on this topic. The only thing I saw was a cautionary comment from a Chinese official saying to not gt too excited because this info has not been confirmed.

Todays media onslaught is all based upon the below. The guys in the photo, while using an instrument designed to detect a 37.5kilohertz frequency signal, seem to think they may have detected a fleeting 37.5kilohertz frequency signal. But the instrument was not set to "record".

"Photos carried by Chinese press showed Chinese searchers in a small vessel lowered from the Haixun using a hand-held commercial pinger."

W020140405714536377367_r75.jpg

Thanks to JerseyGirl

Joint Agency Coordination Centre has taken over the media releases that the Australian Maritime Authority Agency was handling up to a few days ago.

http://www.jacc.gov.au/

Media Release
5 April 2014—am

Up to 10 military planes, three civil jets and 11 ships will assist in today's search for missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370. Today ADV Ocean Shield and HMS Echo continue underwater search operations.

The Australian Maritime Safety Authority has determined a search area of about 217,000 square kilometres, 1700 kilometres north west of Perth.

Today's search area will focus on three areas within the same vicinity.

The weather forecast for today's search is fair, with possible showers in the search area.

The Australian Transport Safety Bureau continues to refine the area where the aircraft entered the water based on continuing ground-breaking and multi-disciplinary technical analysis of satellite communication and aircraft performance, passed from the international air crash investigative team comprising analysts from Malaysia, the United States, the UK, China and Australia.

Media Reporting on Chinese Ship Detection of Electronic Pulse Signals

http://www.jacc.gov.au/media/releases/2014/april/mr010.aspx

Media Release
5 April-PM

The Chief Coordinator of the Joint Agency Coordination Centre, Air Chief Marshal Angus Houston (Ret'd), said reports that the Chinese ship, Haixun 01, had detected electronic pulse signals in the Indian Ocean related to MH370 could not be verified at this point in time.

“I have been advised that a series of sounds have been detected by a Chinese ship in the search area. The characteristics reported are consistent with the aircraft black box. A number of white objects were also sighted on the surface about 90 kilometres from the detection area. However, there is no confirmation at this stage that the signals and the objects are related to the missing aircraft,“ Air Chief Marshal Houston (Ret'd) said.

“Advice tonight from the Australian Maritime Safety Authority's Rescue Coordination Centre (RCC) and the Australian Transport Safety Bureau is that they cannot verify any connection to the missing aircraft.

“The RCC in Australia has spoken to the RCC in China and asked for any further information that may be relevant.

“The deployment of RAAF assets to the area where the Chinese ship detected the sounds is being considered.

“I will provide further updates if, and when, more information becomes available.”

The dude(holding the yellow thingy) appears to have the portable pinger detector while the dude(holding the other part of the pinger detector thingy) sits on the edge of the boat, or so it appears. Now after looking again it seems to be a set up picture. They appear to be looking at this stuff for the first time. jmo idk

I wouldn't be surprised at all if it turns out to be a false alarm.

On the other hand, if this is it, it shows that the lone Chinese ship by itself far away from the search area was probably there for a reason. Why wasn't china sharing that information with everyone else in the search? And how did they get that information when nobody else did?

The dude(holding the yellow thingy) appears to have the portable pinger detector while the dude(holding the other part of the pinger detector thingy) sits on the edge of the boat, or so it appears. Now after looking again it seems to be a set up picture. They appear to be looking at this stuff for the first time. jmo idk

I agree..I think that picture is more of a Photo Op..showing what they are doing with the equipment in a way to explain the media reports..

:waitasec:
Does that make sense? or have I confused you all :blushing:

HOLY COW I just about had a heart attack (see this tomnod map, below)

But before you do, too, remember when when someone here was asking why these satellites coudn't have picked up a picture of the plane in fliight? I THINK that is what this is - I think this Tomnod map show a plane that is flying - date on the pic is 4/4.

http://www.tomnod.com/nod/challenge/mh370_indian_ocean/map/2702113

If you cannot see this, and if you see it you will know, let me know and i wil ltry to post a screen grab.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hardsaf