Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
If she was wandering, and kept missing the search teams over intervening days before finally ending up where she was found... that is just so horrible :(

Yes. That would be horrific. I'm still hoping that whatever happened was quick and painless for her. As unreasonable a hope as it might be.

The forensic team being out there again today has me a little worried though.

I'm really interested in the local communities - I studied Social Anthropology at University, and I'd like to know more about their customs and attitudes towards "strangers". Presumably they were used to tourists at the Dunsun nearby, but how many "foreigners" visited? Could someone have tried to help Nora and is now scared to come forward because they don't trust the police?

Barefoot? If Nora left in a panic or drawn to something, would she have noticed being barefoot initially? If the ground was muddy this could feel really nice under foot, but in this case surely footprints would've been found, either of Nora, or her "abductor"?

I wish we knew more about Nora's level of communication.
According to the family, she had limited communication skills. She could not understand anything conceptual. She could read on the level of a young child and was able to write a few words.

She would not have been able to ask for help or understand what was going on, or use a telephone.

She said she was shy, sensitive and anxious around people other than her family.

She loved spending time with her family, playing cat bingo and telling silly jokes. She never went anywhere without her family. She needed assistance with daily living skills. She was able to dress herself but could not do buttons. She loved wearing "clever" or colorful shirts.

If she went out of the window on her own, I would be very surprised.
As for going into the jungle on her own, I can't even imagine it. She would never manage the terrain with her problems with balance and coordination, and definitely not in the dark with no shoes.

And I think she would have been terrified without someone she knew well and trusted. It would have been her first time going anywhere without a family member in her entire life.

She would certainly know that you don't go outside in your underwear. As a Special Needs child, being taught and reminded daily about what is appropriate and not is a big part of the curriculum.

I don't know how Nora ended up more than a mile from her home in the jungle, but I don't think she got there by herself. Imo

Jon Williams‏Verified account @WilliamsJon

Police to hold news conference shortly following post mortem on body of #NoraQuoirin who had been missing in #Malaysia. Watch live @RTENewsNow

EB6z9IwXUAAZ0Tv.jpg

Jon Williams on Twitter

I think the area in Portugal did suffer for a year or two tourist wise but it picked back up again, I believe.
That area in Malaysia isn’t the biggest attraction in Malaysia. Tourists tend to go to the islands or to the oldest rainforest reserves in the middle of the peninsula or on the Borneo part. I bet the Dusun will suffer for a while but doubt that Malaysia as the whole country would be heavily impacted by this unfortunate incident.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member