Maricopa Jane Doe 1999 Thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I realize this is a stretch...however while searching for runaway information, I found a story about a 16yo prostitute killed in Milwaukee in 1991. Her name was Doris Ann McLeod. I can't help but wonder if somehow our MJD knew this girl. Just because of the initals on the ring. I know this is a far stretch but i couldn't help but mention it.

I realize this is a stretch...however while searching for runaway information, I found a story about a 16yo prostitute killed in Milwaukee in 1991. Her name was Doris Ann McLeod. I can't help but wonder if somehow our MJD knew this girl. Just because of the initals on the ring. I know this is a far stretch but i couldn't help but mention it.

Wow! I don't think that's a stretch. Good work!

I keep wondering where the ME's report is! I sent the app last week!

Reading about Doris Ann McLeod..article states she had a sister in an Illinois group home...i'm gonna keep digging and see if I come up with anything.

I can't find a photo yet...not even sure of her race.

I read that she had distinctive freckles, so my guess would be white.

I also came across a white supremacist website decrying her being pimped at the hands of black men.

I read that she had distinctive freckles, so my guess would be white.

I also came across a white supremacist website decrying her being pimped at the hands of black men.

Thank you, I'll keep digging then. What is interesting to me is that MJD had a ring with the initials DMA and Doris Ann McLeod hands were cut off. My possible theory...far stretch...is that "if" our MJD is her sister then maybe she was given this ring....please realize this could be a stretch

Thank you, I'll keep digging then. What is interesting to me is that MJD had a ring with the initials DMA and Doris Ann McLeod hands were cut off. My possible theory...far stretch...is that "if" our MJD is her sister then maybe she was given this ring....please realize this could be a stretch

I didn't find any information about Doris having a sister. Can you provide a link?

The article says that Doris's nickname was "Dorrie". Phenol already suggested that perhaps "Cory" is was really "Dory". Is it plausible that MJD may have adopted her dead sister's name as her street name, as a sort of homage?

Doris is a stretch, but a good catch! It's possible MJD knew of her, whether it be through family or friends! Certainly worth looking into.

Any news on the pdf or the media Christine was was working on? Someone knows this gal and I think it's just a matter of getting as much attention as possible. Does the AZ news story link have any national attention? Another very very very long short, but my sons dads sis works for our local Fox news. Our local extends to NW Indiana-around the lake, but not Milwaukee. They too have a few "friends" who are local newscasters....(sports tv/radio background and public radio) Maybe I can see about digging in that area to see if we can catch anything locally here in Chi town and possibly Milwaukee through this AZ news contact. I can't promise but will try. I'd have to find a spin to link it to Chi town... but lets dig.

Can't find the mom's name again! Getting irritated with it so I'm gonna break for a little while.

Doris is a stretch, but a good catch! It's possible MJD knew of her, whether it be through family or friends! Certainly worth looking into.

Any news on the pdf or the media Christine was was working on? Someone knows this gal and I think it's just a matter of getting as much attention as possible. Does the AZ news story link have any national attention? Another very very very long short, but my sons dads sis works for our local Fox news. Our local extends to NW Indiana-around the lake, but not Milwaukee. They too have a few "friends" who are local newscasters....(sports tv/radio background and public radio) Maybe I can see about digging in that area to see if we can catch anything locally here in Chi town and possibly Milwaukee through this AZ news contact. I can't promise but will try. I'd have to find a spin to link it to Chi town... but lets dig.

That would be awesome!

That would be awesome!

thx. The only Chi town "spin" I can come up with now is Marlena Reed/ the Chicago Jane doe on AMW. The only local news I can pick up from Milwaukee is am 620 which is somewhere around there.

Maybe we can tie this in with a Milwaukee/ Marlena connection? Was the lady interviewed about Marlena (saw her at McDonalds, have to go back and re-read) in any way connected with the Children of the night avenue?

Come up with whatever idea's.... we'll find something.

I haven't heard of Marlena Reed. I contacted Children of the Night on the off-chance that MJD may have passed through one of their facilities, and because they have a lot of contacts with child prostitutes all over the country.

Can you post more about Marlena?

Might be able to get information from these people. Sounds like they (the wife) were very involved in her murder. What do you all think?

"McLeod is represented at the proceeding, though, in the person of Mary Hughes, wife of Dane County Sheriff's deputy Kevin Hughes, who worked on the murder case and helped bury McLeod during the four months it took to identify her mutilated body.

``I'm her family,'' said Mary Hughes, who cares for McLeod's grave in Forest Hill Cemetery in Madison."

Might be able to get information from these people. Sounds like they (the wife) were very involved in her murder. What do you all think?

"McLeod is represented at the proceeding, though, in the person of Mary Hughes, wife of Dane County Sheriff's deputy Kevin Hughes, who worked on the murder case and helped bury McLeod during the four months it took to identify her mutilated body.

``I'm her family,'' said Mary Hughes, who cares for McLeod's grave in Forest Hill Cemetery in Madison."

Good idea! Would you like to email them?

found some great info here about Doris and the Gang Member that killed her

seems they DID FIND her HANDS maybe it still had a ring on it

The tendency exists in the gang world today where chapters of the Gangster Disciples formed outside of the original gang epicenter (Chicago), such gangs improvise and often modify their “gang literature”. Gang literature here refers to their code, their constitution and by-laws. In Joseph White’s faction of the Gangster Disciples (GD) there was a “rule” to the effect that any hooker who did not promptly pay up to a Gangster Disciple who was pimping her, that she should receive a “V-50" for this “violation”.
A “V-50" in this case meant 50 punches to the chest and head area. It was written down in the Milwaukee chapter “local rules” for the Gangster Disciples. It does not exist in Chicago where the Gangster Disciples were originally formed, before the Gangster Disciples rapidly spread to over thirty states in the 1990's. Thus, the gang rules that Joseph White lived by basically empowered him to do what he did.

So Joseph White decided that the girl needed an attitude adjustment, and he administered a “V-50" in the basement of an inner city house in Milwaukee. Doris did not survive the beating. She died from the beating. This case was featured on A&E’s “Cold Case Files”.
Joseph White then cut off her finger prints, and drove the body towards Madison, dumping it in an open field after also cutting off her hands. The hands were discovered, minus the finger prints, also in Dane County. Persistent investigators in Dane County eventually broke the case through posters and the media. White acted as his own lawyer at trial and was promptly convicted and is currently serving two sentences: first degree murder (life) and aggravated rape.

http://www.ngcrc.com/ngcrc/proffem2.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member