Maricopa Jane Doe 1999 Thread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have worked with many recovering addicts. Many dealers are friends that buy a little extra to pay for their own habit. Users will check in with their friends to see who has what. It can be very informal and very spontaneous. It may not have been a "drug house" but a place where Alonzo/William knew people who frequent the home or heard that so-n-so had something to sell. LDJ said that Alonzo/William was trying to convince MJD to work for him. He may have been trying to win her confidence and if he hadn't seen her around, he might have been having his friends check her out to see if she was anyone they had any prior dealings with. My opinion is that it was obvious that she was way too young to be working for the police and Alonzo recognized that, so he wouldn't feel threatened by bringing her with him.

Sometimes I think Alonzo/William and LDJ really do know her name.. but then at the same time.. what do they have to lose if they just said her name? What would be holding them back from giving LE her name? Is it because she's underage and they would be able to prove that?.. It wouldn't matter anymore since he has already been charged with a crime in that incident, so he couldn't be charged again for trafficking an underage girl (right?). I guess I just believe that if LDJ or Alonzo/William knew her name, they would have said it already. It's been almost 10 years.. unless our MJD is part of something bigger to where lives would be threatened or someone would get in big trouble if her name was given out.. just a thought.

Sometimes I think Alonzo/William and LDJ really do know her name.. but then at the same time.. what do they have to lose if they just said her name? What would be holding them back from giving LE her name? Is it because she's underage and they would be able to prove that?.. It wouldn't matter anymore since he has already been charged with a crime in that incident, so he couldn't be charged again for trafficking an underage girl (right?). I guess I just believe that if LDJ or Alonzo/William knew her name, they would have said it already. It's been almost 10 years.. unless our MJD is part of something bigger to where lives would be threatened or someone would get in big trouble if her name was given out.. just a thought.

Here is where I am confused-I realize that he was charged with the driving offense and he pled and served some time. What if they found out that he was trafficking in underage girls...isn't that a completely separate crime?

I would believe that keeping MJD's id under wraps has kept MJD partially responsible so far for her fate if I am making any sense...

I personally think LD is protecting herself and her family from the pimp/thugs, if she knows more than she is telling LE. I just wish that we could get through to her that she could be totally anonymous in revealing information to any one of us. But she may not know anything more...only she knows that.

You mean that as long as MJD doesn't have an identity (and therefore no one knows anything about her background or the circumstances), people will consider it her own fault that she jumped out of the car? I don't necessarily buy that, if that's what you're saying. The public may not necessarily know all of the information that we do, but if they did, I'm sure they'd come to the same conclusions we did--that MJD was threatened by Alonzo and Lindsey in some way, and that's why she jumped. In fact, that's what I thought even before I read police report and was just going by the public announcements.

Am I understanding you correctly? I hope I'm not way off base.

ETA: Did you mean "I would believe that keeping MJD's id under wraps has kept LDJ partially responsible so far for her fate"?

It was to my understanding that Lindsey ONLY said they stopped at a house. NOTHING was ever mentioned about them buying drugs when they were there.

At the very end of the second page of the police report, in the last interview with LDJ she states that they stopped at a house to buy marijuana.

Here is where I am confused-I realize that he was charged with the driving offense and he pled and served some time. What if they found out that he was trafficking in underage girls...isn't that a completely separate crime?

I would believe that keeping MJD's id under wraps has kept MJD partially responsible so far for her fate if I am making any sense...

Even if so, believe09, isn't there a statute of limitations on trafficking? Or no?

You mean that as long as MJD doesn't have an identity (and therefore no one knows anything about her background or the circumstances), people will consider it her own fault that she jumped out of the car? I don't necessarily buy that, if that's what you're saying. The public may not necessarily know all of the information that we do, but if they did, I'm sure they'd come to the same conclusions we did--that MJD was threatened by Alonzo and Lindsey in some way, and that's why she jumped. In fact, that's what I thought even before I read police report and was just going by the public announcements.

Am I understanding you correctly? I hope I'm not way off base.

ETA: Did you mean "I would believe that keeping MJD's id under wraps has kept LDJ partially responsible so far for her fate"?

i guess i wrote a short cut instead of saying; Alonzo and LDJ have managed to prevent themselves from being charged with something much more substantial than a traffic violation by sticking pretty closely to their story that this random girl who smoked weed with them got sick and leaped out the window of the car...yes it suspends reality, but barring finding out details of who this child really was and what kind of life she led, she appears to be somewhat responsible for her own demise on the surface....

What if MJD was trafficked? What if she wasn't walking the streets at all? (This one I doubt because of the condoms clearly on her person rather than in a purse or whatever, but I could be wrong.) What if she was a kidnapped child?

If there is a statute that has run out, then KTL might as well talk to.

JMO....

The reason they do not talk is because they do not care if MJD ever has a name. They have nothing to gain so they could care less. Criminals like them have no heart. IMO

i guess i wrote a short cut instead of saying; Alonzo and LDJ have managed to prevent themselves from being charged with something much more substantial than a traffic violation by sticking pretty closely to their story that this random girl who smoked weed with them got sick and leaped out the window of the car...yes it suspends reality, but barring finding out details of who this child really was and what kind of life she led, she appears to be somewhat responsible for her own demise on the surface....

What if MJD was trafficked? What if she wasn't walking the streets at all? (This one I doubt because of the condoms clearly on her person rather than in a purse or whatever, but I could be wrong.) What if she was a kidnapped child?

If there is a statute that has run out, then KTL might as well talk to.

JMO....

ITA Believe, but telling LE - at least what they thought her name was - would not implicate Alonzo and Lindsey in her death. I strongly believe Kelly Lipsey not only knows who she was, but is responsible for her being - and working - in Arizona. And of all the players in this saga, he still stands to lose the most. I also believe that at least one of his other "girls" knows who MJD was. If they could turn the info in anonymously - without fear of repercussions from him, maybe they would. Dang it! I want to believe all of this, but after nearly 10 years, it's not easy! Lipsey and some of his "employees" are scheduled to go to court soon so they are definitely not off the radar. Surely LE can look into the tatoo angle and maybe lean on him or them a bit to get an answer.....

Was somebody getting more pictures? If there was any? I also wonder if MJD was Bi-Racial. Not that it matters since knowing that probably won't lead us to her name. Do you think it's possible her family already knows that she is dead and they are afraid to come forward?

Was somebody getting more pictures? If there was any? I also wonder if MJD was Bi-Racial. Not that it matters since knowing that probably won't lead us to her name. Do you think it's possible her family already knows that she is dead and they are afraid to come forward?

Yes, we are wtg on more pics. IIRC the list of pics in police report is what we are wtg for.

It is VERY possible MJD is bi-racial, probably Hispanic/Latino or full blooded Hispanic. It is very hard to tell these days because coloring can go from being very dark to very light, brown to blue eyes, etc. They were only maybe 150 miles from the border. For that reason alone, the parents may not have listed her as missing and she may have just been missing that one day! The illegals are afraid to go to the police due to immigration problems and it is not unusual for them to not report a crime, such as missing or kidnapping due to their legal status.

She doesn't "look" Hispanic but there is no way to tell for sure unless you see her parents. Also in the state of AZ, if you are Hispanic/Latino you are listed as "white" in any and all police reports.

It is VERY possible MJD is bi-racial, probably Hispanic/Latino or full blooded Hispanic. It is very hard to tell these days because coloring can go from being very dark to very light, brown to blue eyes, etc. They were only maybe 150 miles from the border. For that reason alone, the parents may not have listed her as missing and she may have just been missing that one day! The illegals are afraid to go to the police due to immigration problems and it is not unusual for them to not report a crime, such as missing or kidnapping due to their legal status.

She doesn't "look" Hispanic but there is no way to tell for sure unless you see her parents. Also in the state of AZ, if you are Hispanic/Latino you are listed as "white" in any and all police reports.

you actually cleared up a question for me-when I listed that mugshot a while back, the Fernandez I posted was listed as white.

Actually knowing one way or the other could rule out quite a few kids, including Michaela G, I believe.

Assuming the other people who worked with Lipsey were teenagers to 20's, that would put them in their 20's-30's now right? What is the best way to reach those who would have been kids then? MySpace? YouTube? Facebook? How do we get some of these chat places to bring up MJD??? I wish classmates or reunion would run a flyer...hmmmmmmm

How do the search engines work for MySpace etc?? Can you make it regional? What if I were looking for people from Phoenix in the late 90's....

I somewhat answered my own question; I could search Myspace within a certain mileage of the Zip Code for Van Buren in Phoenix with a certain age range.

Vashley, I need your input on this one-I think there are a lot of folks who might be possible women for the "life" but I am not familiar enough with the areas when I am looking at their high schools etc...argh...I am not being clear. But maybe if we do a "spam" of some of their myspaces with a flyer of MJD (cleaned up pictures) and see if it sparks anything? Is that possible? Am I making sense???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member