Matt Lauer fired by NBC, accused of "inappropriate sexual behavior"

According to this article, a staffer: https://pagesix.com/2017/11/29/matt...lly-assaulted-female-staffer-during-olympics/

An NBC insider said Lauer’s alleged victim complained to HR on Monday: “This happened so quickly. She didn’t go to the media, she made a complaint to NBC’s human resources, and her evidence was so compelling that Matt was fired on Tuesday night. The victim says she has evidence that this has also happened to other women, but so far we don’t have evidence of that.”

What is PageSix? is it a reputable source?
Interesting article. I did not know about his marriage being the way described.

https://pagesix.com/2017/11/29/matt...lly-assaulted-female-staffer-during-olympics/
His wife, Annette, famously filed for divorce in 2006, accusing him of “cruel and inhumane” behavior, but withdrew the filing a month later after they reached a private agreement.
They ostensibly live separate lives — she lives full time in the Hamptons with their children, while Matt resides in the city during the week.

In the wake of all of these allegations against men, I am wondering if we'll see some against women (as in, "she told me if I didn't ________, she wouldn't promote my career/book/film, etc.). Or maybe not? Maybe there are not any women with powerful enough positions that it would happen. I'm just surprised that no one has popped up yet with an accusation.

I was having a talk about this with a friend of mine. She pointed out that there haven't been any allegations yet, so maybe it isn't an issue with women in power. I asked her if she knew how many boys were molested by the Catholic Church before those floodgates broke, or how bad it was at Penn State, or how bad it was in Hollywood against children before the Spacey allegations started that ball rolling.

The problem is that males (and I include teenagers) have long been considered people who will want sex with anything that moves and therefore it's consensual and what are they complaining about. You see that with female teachers raping their students, people don't necessarily say that but many are sure thinking it. As a result I don't think a lot of males who were victims may be willing to step forward.

As an aside there have been a few allegations against women, Brittany Spears had some years ago by one of her employees.

But didn’t Katie leave on bad terms with Matt? no clue what that was about. It was known he did not get along well with Ann Curry. And he was apparently quite good friends with Meredith Viera, according to him. He likely was not always the super nice person we see. JMO

I dated someone a few years ago who has been to the Today show several times in a professional capacity and he confirmed this about Matt Lauer. And also Al Roker.

What is PageSix? is it a reputable source?
Interesting article. I did not know about his marriage being the way described.

https://pagesix.com/2017/11/29/matt...lly-assaulted-female-staffer-during-olympics/
His wife, Annette, famously filed for divorce in 2006, accusing him of “cruel and inhumane” behavior, but withdrew the filing a month later after they reached a private agreement.
They ostensibly live separate lives — she lives full time in the Hamptons with their children, while Matt resides in the city during the week.

Annette claimed at the time she suffered 'cruel and inhuman' treatment at the hands of Lauer, who also demonstrated 'extreme anger and hostility towards her.' The papers also alleged: 'Defendant has continuously and repeatedly given higher priority to … personal interests than to his family obligations to plaintiff, causing plaintiff to feel abandoned, isolated and alone in raising the parties’ children.' Lastly, Annette said she endured 'continual mental abuse' from Matt. Matt filed his own legal action days later, saying any 'cruel and inhuman treatment' he may have exhibited was 'provoked' by his wife.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5128525/Matt-Lauer-fired-Today-Show.html#ixzz4zpfEc3M9

I never really liked him, but I still didn't see it coming.

I just really hope David Muir is safe. I love that man.

Bbm: I do too. He is old school like Cronkite, Brinkley, etc...

Then again, my hero is Bill Moyers.

The Charlie Roses, Matt Lauers are not a surprise. I hate to say it but look at their interview styles. I could never tolerate either of them because of the smarmy factor... The up / down factor disguised as charm? Especially with Rose, but Lauer is a close second. ...

Perhaps big media broadcasting is getting the hint?

But didn’t Katie leave on bad terms with Matt? no clue what that was about. It was known he did not get along well with Ann Curry. And he was apparently quite good friends with Meredith Viera, according to him. He likely was not always the super nice person we see. JMO

Yes. Katie and Matt disliked each other. They were fake in front of the cameras . Quite honestly I didn't like Katie too much either. I got the feeling she had too much ego. Matt wanted a younger co host so he was on a mission to replace Curry. He tried giving her an on air hug her last day but she slightly turned away and avoided it.

I dated someone a few years ago who has been to the Today show several times in a professional capacity and he confirmed this about Matt Lauer. And also Al Roker.

I said as much to DH this morning when I heard -- "Al's going to be next....."

Ann Curry was great, what a shaft. That is actually when I knew morning TV was screwed.

I said as much to DH this morning when I heard -- "Al's going to be next....."

I am hoping women and men in every workplace that is not in the national spotlight to come forward with claims. The entertainment industry is not the only place this $hit happens

I don't think TV ratings knows how much Rose and Lauer were viewed as, how do you say, "Blek".

This happened in my workplace this week. The owner still doesn't believe the woman but I put up quite a stink. He was let go for financial reasons.

Hoping every woman feels a little bit more empowered. Hoping every woman has a voice. Hoping businesses open a convo for women. Hoping execs start taking it seriously...

Hoping every woman feels a little bit more empowered. Hoping every woman has a voice. Hoping businesses open a convo for women. Hoping execs start taking it seriously...

it happens to men as well so I am hoping both women and men come forward

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrimeJunkie82
Back