Max Shacknai EMS Report

duh! You are right! I have not seen that!

Eta: I have seen it reported that JS follwed the ambulance
and that he climed in and rode with Max???
DS arrived at rady at 2:00pm

How did JS get to Rady?

Max was at Coronado Sharp for at least a half hour to an hour..........Jonah drove there in his own vehicle. IMO, he returned to Spreckels to pick up the other kids and take them to the airport for their noonish flight, and then continued on to Rady after that.

Max was at Coronado Sharp for at least a half hour to an hour..........Jonah drove there in his own vehicle. IMO, he returned to Spreckels to pick up the other kids and take them to the airport for their noonish flight, and then continued on to Rady after that.

On RZ's phone records is the 602 phone # JS?
Do you know?

Where did you get info that his kids had a noonish flight out of town that day?
I have never seen that reported in any msm.

The original reports said they left at 6:30 in the morning and he returned fter taking them to the airport.

Here are posts where we discussed it back in the day: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7149486&postcount=779"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Discuss Max's death here - Thread #1.[/ame]

The original reports said they left at 6:30 in the morning and he returned fter taking them to the airport.

Here are posts where we discussed it back in the day: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Discuss Max's death here - Thread #1.

There has never been an "official" report on when the older two left that day, so don't believe everything that you read in the media. There was an entry on Rebecca's cell phone indicating that they were scheduled to leave at noon, and Max was to be picked up by his mother at noon as well. I don't believe the article that stated that they left at 6:30 to fly to Phoenix to meet their mother (and checking flight schedules at that time of the day to Phoenix, there were not any flights at the time that was suggested that they flew to Phoenix). They had spent 2 weeks earlier in June with their mother in SC, where she maintains a summer home on a lake, and IMO, that is where she was at the time, not Phoenix.

There has never been an "official" report on when the older two left that day, so don't believe everything that you read in the media. There was an entry on Rebecca's cell phone indicating that they were scheduled to leave at noon, and Max was to be picked up by his mother at noon as well. I don't believe the article that stated that they left at 6:30 to fly to Phoenix to meet their mother (and checking flight schedules at that time of the day to Phoenix, there were not any flights at the time that was suggested that they flew to Phoenix). They had spent 2 weeks earlier in June with their mother in SC, where she maintains a summer home on a lake, and IMO, that is where she was at the time, not Phoenix.

I remember that! Weren't the older two always going to SC? Salem SC???
great now I have to research or I won't sleep!

YES
Shacknai has two other children from a previous marriage to Kimberly James. The couple married in April 1993 in Bel Air, Calif., before filing for divorce in 1999. Maricopa County Family Court records show the couple reached a joint-custody agreement in 2001 for two children: a 14-year-old girl and a 13-year-old boy.

Reached at her South Carolina home Wednesday, James said she had nothing to say.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarep...s-death-reported-san-diego.html#ixzz27ptUM7pO

I remember that! Weren't the older two always going to SC? Salem SC???
great now I have to research or I won't sleep!

The lake house is in Sunset, SC, which is about a half an hour from Greenville, SC airport. At any rate, they would have flown in/through Atlanta from San Diego. I hope you can sleep now.

Here are posts where we discussed it back in the day: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Discuss Max's death here - Thread #1.

The article that reported that the kids left at 6:30 A M was in the 'Daily Beast'. It was not confirmed by LE. They only wrote Jonah's version of the events. Neither Jonah or LE ever verified Jonah's whereabouts since Max's incident was ruled as an accident.

Also, there was never any verification that the older sibs flew out before the accident. Anne Bremner released to MSM that they were at the mansion when Max had his accident which may have been due to a planking stunt.

The article that reported that the kids left at 6:30 A M was in the 'Daily Beast'. It was not confirmed by LE. They only wrote Jonah's version of the events. Neither Jonah or LE ever verified Jonah's whereabouts since Max's incident was ruled as an accident.

Also, there was never any verification that the older sibs flew out before the accident. Anne Bremner released to MSM that they were at the mansion when Max had his accident which may have been due to a planking stunt.

I think that would have been a pretty easy thing to verify---when the kid's flights were. Bremner backed off of that claim very quickly, and the attorney for the Zahau family has repeatedly stated that only RZ and X were in the home during Maxie's death.

This was no planking stunt. That was a red herring thrown out to distract, imo.

I think that would have been a pretty easy thing to verify---when the kid's flights were. Bremner backed off of that claim very quickly, and the attorney for the Zahau family has repeatedly stated that only RZ and X were in the home during Maxie's death.

This was no planking stunt. That was a red herring thrown out to distract, imo.

I'd love to see a quote for this, if you don't mind. I know that Rudoy said something on his interview with WS but he certainly didn't say "only". Even DS on Dr. Phil wants to know more information about who was there. Also, with the current discussion of an entire family living on the property it's well worth a look. Obviously AS, who was staying in the guest house had no problem entering the property that morning to "get a knife to cut her down" (is there a kitchen or kitchenette in the guest house?). I am not accusing anyone, but obviously this estate property, in it's entirety was not always secure. (Odd seeing as the owner previously had a very serious breed of guard dog). It's always been questioned who was there, and nothing has ever been verified.

I'm still wondering why DS is fixated on only RZ and her sister being there (before anyone goes there, by mother has a sister who is only a few years older than me....an "oops" baby, so I can see where this can go, my auntie was only two years ahead of me in HS). When there was most likely staff there, and who knows who else. The entire estate was not secure by any means. I believe this needs to be looked at more closely.

Always, MOO

I'd love to see a quote for this, if you don't mind. I know that Rudoy said something on his interview with WS but he certainly didn't say "only". Even DS on Dr. Phil wants to know more information about who was there. Also, with the current discussion of an entire family living on the property it's well worth a look. Obviously AS, who was staying in the guest house had no problem entering the property that morning to "get a knife to cut her down" (is there a kitchen or kitchenette in the guest house?). I am not accusing anyone, but obviously this estate property, in it's entirety was not always secure. (Odd seeing as the owner previously had a very serious breed of guard dog). It's always been questioned who was there, and nothing has ever been verified.

I'm still wondering why DS is fixated on only RZ and her sister being there (before anyone goes there, by mother has a sister who is only a few years older than me....an "oops" baby, so I can see where this can go, my auntie was only two years ahead of me in HS). When there was most likely staff there, and who knows who else. The entire estate was not secure by any means. I believe this needs to be looked at more closely.

Always, MOO

There was a family living in the guest house at the time of Max's accident.

I have reposted here.

According to this earlier article the family that lived in the guest house were expected to be interviewed. I wonder if that ever happened.

"It's jarring stuff, and MRX has tumbled all morning as investors realized that Shacknai will be sidelined and distracted by the investigation. In addition to Shacknai, police will probably want to talk to Shacknai's ex-wife, Dina Flores, who also lives in Coronado, and the second family that rents the guest house attached to the house. Meanwhile, police have taken evidence from the house including a large painting and a table with a broken leg."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505123_1...mpany-forever/

I don't know if this is the Niles family or not. I though that a housekeeper might live over the garage but I don't know for sure. Other articles stated that they were asked to move out after Max's accident. Articles are difficult to find now. Many have been scrubbed.

There was a family living in the guest house at the time of Max's accident.

I have reposted here.

According to this earlier article the family that lived in the guest house were expected to be interviewed. I wonder if that ever happened.

"It's jarring stuff, and MRX has tumbled all morning as investors realized that Shacknai will be sidelined and distracted by the investigation. In addition to Shacknai, police will probably want to talk to Shacknai's ex-wife, Dina Flores, who also lives in Coronado, and the second family that rents the guest house attached to the house. Meanwhile, police have taken evidence from the house including a large painting and a table with a broken leg."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505123_1...mpany-forever/

I don't know if this is the Niles family or not. I though that a housekeeper might live over the garage but I don't know for sure. Other articles stated that they were asked to move out after Max's accident. Articles are difficult to find now. Many have been scrubbed.

The Niles family rented the apartment over the garage. The guest house was not rented out, but rather kept available for friends/family to use when visiting.

Always, MOO

LE arrived within 2 minutes of the 911 call. They said in their report that two people were present, RZ and X. They would have known if there were others in the house at the time.

LE arrived within 2 minutes of the 911 call. They said in their report that two people were present, RZ and X. They would have known if there were others in the house at the time.

A very important detail that has not been reported, is exactly what time Max fell. There could have been a delay between when the accident happened, and when the 911 call was placed.

A very important detail that has not been reported, is exactly what time Max fell. There could have been a delay between when the accident happened, and when the 911 call was placed.

According to some of the posts upthread, there was very little delay, as shown by his medical condition. Apparently he would have presented differently to the first responders if he had fallen much earlier.

according to K_Z:

"What I'm saying is that the evidence, IMO, and knowledge of the physiology of cardiac arrest makes it very likely that the 911 call was made VERY promptly after discovering Max. If much more time had passed, I sincerely doubt that paramedics could have been able to get his heart restarted. I hope that makes sense."

Yes, two people present in the foyer of an estate that includes a guest house and staff quarters. I wonder if LE looked into the rest of the very large home?

BBM

I disagree. The first responders were not there on a search and rescue mission.

Others may simply have stayed in other parts of the mansion, the guest house and or the garage and the apt. above it.

BBM

Others may simply have stayed in other parts of the mansion, the guest house and or the garage and the apt. above it.

Why would they do that? Their little brother was lying on the floor, near death. And the father or older siblings were hiding in the garage? Why would they?

And why wouldnt the other 2 speak up in their interviews? Why take the suspicions and blame if they were not alone with Maxie?

ETA: And in the aftermth of the investigation, it would have been easy for LE to verify if the kids had already left the home or not. If they hadnt, we would have heard about it already, imo.

Why would they do that? Their little brother was lying on the floor, near death. And the father or older siblings were hiding in the garage? Why would they?

And why wouldnt the other 2 speak up in their interviews? Why take the suspicions and blame if they were not alone with Maxie?

ETA: And in the aftermth of the investigation, it would have been easy for LE to verify if the kids had already left the home or not. If they hadnt, we would have heard about it already, imo.

BBM

Why would they worry about suspicions and blame being thrown on them when it was an accident?

The only people who was suspicious was Dina Romano, then Nina Romano.

BBM

Why would they worry about suspicions and blame being thrown on them when it was an accident?

The only people who was suspicious was Dina Romano, then Nina Romano.

Well, if everyone else in the family was hiding in the garage when the cops came, wouldn't they wonder WHY?

And even if it is an accident, when you are the adult in charge of a 6 yr old, and they break their neck in a horrific fall, you don't think you will be blamed?

BBM

I agree with you on this.......the EMTs were there for a specific purpose: Max. While the CPD may have asked who else was there, they would have believed what they were told. No reason for them to go snooping around. Jonah is smart enough to have instinctively made sure that he and the kids were not in plain site.......he is a lawyer, remember.

As far as LE verifying flight info for the kids.....they had no probable cause to investigate any further at that point, and besides, Jonah's PR machine got out in front by stating that they left earlier........which I do not believe.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loretti11
Back