Max Shacknai EMS Report

I agree with you on this.......the EMTs were there for a specific purpose: Max. While the CPD may have asked who else was there, they would have believed what they were told. No reason for them to go snooping around. Jonah is smart enough to have instinctively made sure that he and the kids were not in plain site.......he is a lawyer, remember.

Not the EMT's/ The police. They surely poked around a little after such a brutal accident. I bet they looked in the adjoining rooms for signs of a struggle and or alcohol or drugs, to see if the adults were sober. It is part of securing the scene.

The two women were interviewed by the cops and they would have said something during the interview if there were people hiding in the garage when the EMT's arrived.

Well, if everyone else in the family was hiding in the garage when the cops came, wouldn't they wonder WHY?

And even if it is an accident, when you are the adult in charge of a 6 yr old, and they break their neck in a horrific fall, you don't think you will be blamed?

BBM

Ah, NO. Accidents DO happen. What is a caretaker to do? Tether the kid/kids to her?

No, no blame.

<modsnip>.

I agree with you on this.......the EMTs were there for a specific purpose: Max. While the CPD may have asked who else was there, they would have believed what they were told. No reason for them to go snooping around. Jonah is smart enough to have instinctively made sure that he and the kids were not in plain site.......he is a lawyer, remember.

As far as LE verifying flight info for the kids.....they had no probable cause to investigate any further at that point, and besides, Jonah's PR machine got out in front by stating that they left earlier........which I do not believe.

BBM

Exactly! To this very day it has not been verified.

Not the EMT's/ The police. They surely poked around a little after such a brutal accident. I bet they looked in the adjoining rooms for signs of a struggle and or alcohol or drugs, to see if the adults were sober. It is part of securing the scene.

The two women were interviewed by the cops and they would have said something during the interview if there were people hiding in the garage when the EMT's arrived.

Other than question Rebecca & her sister (taking witness statements), the CPD did not do much until that Friday evening, when they returned to Spreckels with a search warrant and looked at the bannister and the chandelier, which, BTW, was found in the trash.

Other than question Rebecca & her sister (taking witness statements), the CPD did not do much until that Friday evening, when they returned to Spreckels with a search warrant and looked at the bannister and the chandelier, which, BTW, was found in the trash.

Sounds like the police did not find anything suspicious about Max's death on Monday, and even though Child Protective servies was called in at the hospital as per standard procedures when a child arrives at hospital braindead, the police did not believe Rebecca or her sister did anything to purposefully harm Max.

Here is a partial summarized transcript of Nina's interview. I reposted here because some of the information applies to questions asked on this thread.

Nina's Interview posted 11/7/11. The available audio version was 1:20:43 secs. I don't know the actual date of the interview was done.

http://www.cbs8.com/story/15982091/exclusive-max-shacknais-aunt-talks-about-coronado-mansion-deaths
~snipped for details~
MONDAY

Rebecca picked up Nina and her son at the airport around 9:00 PM.

TUESDAY

In Nina's audio interview at about 5:00-6:00 minutes she stated that she went to see Max on Tuesday. She described how she bought Max an teddy and a book but when she saw him she was absolutely shocked at his condition.

NINA'S TUESDAY NIGHT TIMELINE

Later in Nina's interview at about 55:00 minutes plus, she gives the Tuesday timeline.

*Dina was at the hospital from Monday, July 11 at 3:00 PM until Tuesday, July 12 10:00 AM. A friend of Dina's picked her up and drove her home. She arrived home at 10:30 AM and ate, showered and tried to sleep but was too upset.

*Nina and Dina then drove to the hospital together in Dina's car at 3:30 PM.

*Nina and Dina arrived at the hospital at 4:00 PM. Jonah and Howard were leaving at that time. Nina stated that she did not see Rebecca and Adam. She did not know when, how or if they had dinner together.

*Nina stated that Jonah came back to the hospital at 8:00 PM on the dot.

*Nina stated she left the hospital at 9:00 PM. She drove Jonah's car back to Dina's house. She arrived at 9:25 PM and text Rebecca from Dina's kitchen at 9:41 PM.

*She waited for Rebecca to text/call back until 9:55 PM and then walked over to Rebecca's house.

*Nina stated she was at Rebecca's house for 3 minutes.

OK here it is. Nina states Jonah and Howard leave at 4:00pm
Then JS returns at 8:00pm

Jonah arrives at 8:00pm on the dot.
"Rebecca and Adam came to the hospital to pick up Jonah and his friend, Howard. They left the hospital, dropped off Howard at the airport then went to eat some dinner. Jonah returned to the hospital around 2000 hours and Dina was still there. Rebecca and Adam returned to the residence in Coronado"

http://www.760kfmb.com/story/155058...-warrants-to-be-unsealed?clienttype=printable

BBM

Ah, NO. Accidents DO happen. What is a caretaker to do? Tether the kid/kids to her?

No, no blame.

<modsnip>.

Yes. 'accidents' do happen. Kids fall down the stairs or trip over their shoe laces.

But it is extremely RARE for a 6 yr old to fly over a balcony, bring down a chandelier and break his neck. Maxie should have been watched more closely because if he was playing on top of the bannister or running in the hallway really fast, then he should have been stopped. RZ was neglecting her duties, imo. She was the adult in charge and a child died a brutal and needless death.

I DO blame her partially because an accident like that does not happen unless a child is doing something very dangerous. If he was doing ANY of the things people speculate about: planking, getting a ball from the chandelier, scooting on the bannister, then she is partly to blame. She should have noticed that risky behavior. JMO

Yes. 'accidents' do happen. Kids fall down the stairs or trip over their shoe laces.

But it is extremely RARE for a 6 yr old to fly over a balcony, bring down a chandelier and break his neck. Maxie should have been watched more closely because if he was playing on top of the bannister or running in the hallway really fast, then he should have been stopped. RZ was neglecting her duties, imo. She was the adult in charge and a child died a brutal and needless death.

I DO blame her partially because an accident like that does not happen unless a child is doing something very dangerous. If he was doing ANY of the things people speculate about: planking, getting a ball from the chandelier, scooting on the bannister, then she is partly to blame. She should have noticed that risky behavior. JMO

I can agree with you that risky behavior should be caught by adults. But it isn't always. That is just a plain fact and I can't imagine any parent or guardian that would say any different. A six year old is not an infant or a toddler and IMO isn't watched at all times. Perhaps by so called helicopter parents, but I don't think most school aged children are under constant monitoring.

Always MOO

I can agree with you that risky behavior should be caught by adults. But it isn't always. That is just a plain fact and I can't imagine any parent or guardian that would say any different. A six year old is not an infant or a toddler and IMO isn't watched at all times. Perhaps by so called helicopter parents, but I don't think most school aged children are under constant monitoring.

Always MOO

Yes, a 6 yr old is 'monitored' at all times. Not watched, but one stays conscious of what your 6 yr olds are up to. If they are climbing on the 2nd floor bannister with a scooter, to get a ball out of a chandelier, then a parent should be aware of that. You keep an ear out for them at all times. She failed, imo.

Why were both of the 'babysitters' in the bathroom for 20 minutes while a 6 yr old was alone playing with scooters and balls on the second story balcony?

Yes, a 6 yr old is 'monitored' at all times. Not watched, but one stays conscious of what your 6 yr olds are up to. If they are climbing on the 2nd floor bannister with a scooter, to get a ball out of a chandelier, then a parent should be aware of that. You keep an ear out for them at all times. She failed, imo.

Why were both of the 'babysitters' in the bathroom for 20 minutes while a 6 yr old was alone playing with scooters and balls on the second story balcony?

I don't think I've ever read how long either RZ or he'd sister were in the bathroom. Would you mind posting where it has been stated it was 20 minutes? Also, RZ was not MS's babysitter. She was his father's girlfriend who also lived with him. Her minor sister certainly wasn't his babysitter. I realize some people would like to consider RZ as such and I'm sure it suits their purposes but RZ was JS's significant other.

I don't think I've ever read how long either RZ or he'd sister were in the bathroom. Would you mind posting where it has been stated it was 20 minutes? Also, RZ was not MS's babysitter. She was his father's girlfriend who also lived with him. Her minor sister certainly wasn't his babysitter. I realize some people would like to consider RZ as such and I'm sure it suits their purposes but RZ was JS's significant other.

When she is the ONLY adult in the home, then she is the babysitter. That's how it works. Are you saying she was not responsible for his safety while she was the only adult at home with him?

It has not been proven that Rebecca and her sister were the only ones at Spreckels when Max had his "accident", and until there is confirmation of that, I will not believe that they were the only ones there. It has never been confirmed that Jonah was at the Hollywood Gym, so for all we know, he was at Spreckels.

It has not been proven that Rebecca and her sister were the only ones at Spreckels when Max had his "accident", and until there is confirmation of that, I will not believe that they were the only ones there. It has never been confirmed that Jonah was at the Hollywood Gym, so for all we know, he was at Spreckels.

So what was his reason for 'hiding' when the EMT's arrived? And for lying to police in a death investigation ? What was his motive to run and hide if he was actually there?

When she is the ONLY adult in the home, then she is the babysitter. That's how it works. Are you saying she was not responsible for his safety while she was the only adult at home with him

Wow. Ok. IF she was then yes she is responsible for him. BUT a child having an accident can happen at anytime. Do you see people prosecuted for an accident their child had? Not without proof of gross negligence. Going to the bathroom is not gross negligence when caring for a healthy six year old.

Since DS has been so candid about RZ not being alone with her child why aren't there more questions as so why his father left him with someone who would dare go to the bathroom while caring for his child?

When she is the ONLY adult in the home, then she is the babysitter. That's how it works. Are you saying she was not responsible for his safety while she was the only adult at home with him

Wow. Ok. IF she was then yes she is responsible for him. BUT a child having an accident can happen at anytime. Do you see people prosecuted for an accident their child had? Not without proof of gross negligence. Going to the bathroom is not gross negligence when caring for a healthy six year old.

Since DS has been so candid about RZ not being alone with her child why aren't there more questions as so why his father left him with someone who would dare go to the bathroom while caring for his child?

Yes, agreed. An 'accident' can happen to your child while you quickly go to the bathroom. But this was a very brutal, unusual incident. It did not happen in the blink-of-an-eye. If she had been paying attention it would not have happened. imo

Every single scenario that someone comes up with for it to be a total accident, involves Maxie doing very risky and dangerous and OBVIOUS things. So IF he was sliding down a balcony with his scooter or trying to get a ball from the chandelier, then she was at fault because that would be a very obvious, dangerous situation that she should have stopped.

When you have a rambunctious child at home, playing unsupervised on the upper floor, then even when you have to go to the bathroom, you keep an ear out and monitor the situation.

I completely agree with you on this. <modsnip>

Rebecca lived with Jonah and was his significant other, his lover, partner, steady girlfriend, housemate, etc. She also cared and watched over Jonah's child when he asked her to. Her acting as a "babysitter" to his children is only a secondary role. Her primary role is as Jonah's significant other.

I completely agree with you on this. <modsnip>
Rebecca lived with Jonah and was his significant other, his lover, partner, steady girlfriend, housemate, etc. She also cared and watched over Jonah's child when he asked her to. Her acting as a "babysitter" to his children is only a secondary role. Her primary role is as Jonah's significant other.

<modsnip>

Imo, it is NOT minimizing her role by saying she was responsible for Maxie's safety that morning. She was his babysitter, <modsnip>
A single man with 3 children, who moves a girlfriend into the mansion, would hire a nanny if he did not expect his girlfriend to watch over his kids when he was not there. Did he hire a nanny?

He expected that RZ was going to watch his kids when he was not there. That is normal in most live-in relationships. <modsnip>

What 'purposes' would those be?

Yes, agreed. An 'accident' can happen to your child while you quickly go to the bathroom. But this was a very brutal, unusual incident. It did not happen in the blink-of-an-eye. If she had been paying attention it would not have happened. imo

Every single scenario that someone comes up with for it to be a total accident, involves Maxie doing very risky and dangerous and OBVIOUS things. So IF he was sliding down a balcony with his scooter or trying to get a ball from the chandelier, then she was at fault because that would be a very obvious, dangerous situation that she should have stopped.

When you have a rambunctious child at home, playing unsupervised on the upper floor, then even when you have to go to the bathroom, you keep an ear out and monitor the situation.

You're right. Where was his father when his son was doing something so risky. Surely not in the care of his girlfriend who was deemed by the child's mother not allowed to care for him. Why would JS not comply by the rules set forth by DS? Why is a murdered woman taking the blame for this?

The purpose would be to dimish her role in the life of JS.

Have you found those links that show twenty minutes in the bathroom?

TIA

Always. MOO

That was from the little Coronado paper back in the beginning, but the articles aren't preserved/ From memory she said she saw him in the kitchen last and then she went to the bathroom, and 20 minutes later she heard the crash.

Have you found those links that say she called herself by another name in front of his kids?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loretti11
Back