May Day Boycott Effects??

Marthatex said:
I passed by a Mexican Restaurant here that was closed today. On the front door was a small sign:

Closed today
Do to short staff

LOL @Do to short staff....i didn't really notice anything myself...things ran just as smooth as normal, as far as i could tell....

JBean said:
I think it impacted a handful of industries and areas. But any jolt to the economy will immediately correct itself. So, IMO it was hardly worthwhile. Actually, I listened to a couple restaurant owners who came to realize they ran just fine without their illegals yesterday and got rid of them.

good :clap: ...i hope that's how a lot of folks handled it...fire them..

Well, after hearing the President's speech last night, it looks like this whole rally/boycott thingy backfired just a bit????? I think some people are going to be sorry that they stirred up the embers. :waitasec:

Jeana (DP) said:
Well, after hearing the President's speech last night, it looks like this whole rally/boycott thingy backfired just a bit????? I think some people are going to be sorry that they stirred up the embers. :waitasec:

That seems to be a strong consensus where I live/work. Just my :twocents: There is less sympathy for the illegals.

DEPUTYDAWG said:
That seems to be a strong consensus where I live/work. Just my :twocents: There is less sympathy for the illegals.

See! Let that be the lesson of the day. When you're doing something illegal, keep your mouth shut and stay out of sight. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I heard that sales were down 10% and shoplifting was down by 64%. I'm assuming that was a joke...a funny one... :p

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph
Back