MD - Freddie Gray dies in police custody #3 *INDICTMENT*

Status
Not open for further replies.
(BBM and red color.)

Wow, talk about a bait and switch! The issue is NOT that Marilyn Mosby is refusing to share evidence with the MEDIA. The issue is Marilyn Mosby is refusing to share evidence with DEFENSE ATTORNEYS for the accused officers. EVIDENCE that she based her charges on. That is quite a serious and significant difference from not sharing evidence with the media.

So, now that MM has been roundly criticized for the manner in which she conducted her own investigation, and the manner in which she chose to bring what most experts feel are wildly excessive and irresponsible charges, and the manner in which she conducted her "charging ceremony", and the unethical and irresponsible "speechifying" she did at her charging ceremony/ rally, she'd really just like everyone to stop talking about it?? Really???

Mmmmhmmmm. That's another glaring example of hypocritical and unethical, dontcha think? In this particular case, the MEDIA is not the problem preventing the officers from having a fair trial. In this particular case, IMO, it's the PROSECUTOR, and the PROSECUTOR's statements, and the PROSECUTOR's unethical behavior, that has prejudiced the public, and prevented the accused officers from having a fair trial.

better hold onto your hat . . . wait til you see what they said in yesterday's filing:

Deputy State's Attorney Michael Schatzow called the motion "premature," "frivolous," and "illogical," and says it "bounces from one ridiculous allegation to another, like a pinball on a machine far past 'TILT.' "

"Whether born of desperation, the desire for publicity, or a gross effort to taint the grand jury and potential petit jury pool, the motion is absurd," Schatzow wrote in the filing, submitted Monday in Baltimore District Court.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/ma...-gray-prosecutors-respond-20150519-story.html

Talk about "sweeping generalizations"... I suppose it's easier to sleep at night believing that the entire problem is the result of unruly individuals circumventing and disobeying. Certainly, there are those who do this, however it does not account for every single encounter and/or incident between LEO and civilians and, even if it did (which it doesn't), it certainly doesn't excuse bad and immoral behavior on the part of LE - EVER.
I do sleep well at night knowing my trust is placed in the hands of LE and not the criminal element of society. Whether you agree or disagree my post was more a response to what I sense is a deep disdain by a few for my country and it's laws. Cheers

As the number of shootings and homicides has surged in Baltimore, some police officers say they feel hesitant on the job under intense public scrutiny and in the wake of criminal charges against six officers in the Freddie Gray case.

State's Attorney Marilyn J. Mosby's decision last week to*charge the officers*has stoked strong opinions across the country — including*praise from those who want accountability*and*derision from some legal experts.

But perhaps the most jarring effect has been on the Baltimore Police Department.

In 29 years, I've gone through some bad times, but I've never seen it this bad," said Lt. Kenneth Butler, president of the Vanguard Justice Society, a group for black Baltimore police officers. Officers "feel as though the state's attorney will hang them out to dry."

Several officers said in interviews they are concerned crime could spike as officers are hesitant to do their jobs, and criminals sense opportunity. Butler, a shift commander in the Southern District, said his officers are expressing reluctance to go after crime.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/ma...prosecutors-morale-20150508-story.html#page=1

There have been six shootings so far today. I don't know if crime has increased because of officers feeling the way that is stated above or if it just because it is getting warmer but there is definitely something going on.

Talk about "sweeping generalizations"... I suppose it's easier to sleep at night believing that the entire problem is the result of unruly individuals circumventing and disobeying. Certainly, there are those who do this, however it does not account for every single encounter and/or incident between LEO and civilians and, even if it did (which it doesn't), it certainly doesn't excuse bad and immoral behavior on the part of LE - EVER.

Who is causing bigger and more insurmountable problems in the hood? The cops or the gangs?

The cops have stepped away from the area of Sandtown because that is what the protesters wanted. And the cops are too nervous to work there now. And has it made the hood SAFER? NO!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...09264a-f714-11e4-a13c-193b1241d51a_story.html

The killings have increased to 1.3 per day/ Some days there are TEN SHOOTINGS within a 24 hr period/

So are the cops the dangerous ones to this community? Or is it the young locals that present the dangerous element?

Who is causing bigger and more insurmountable problems in the hood? The cops or the gangs?

The cops have stepped away from the area of Sandtown because that is what the protesters wanted. And the cops are too nervous to work there now. And has it made the hood SAFER? NO!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...09264a-f714-11e4-a13c-193b1241d51a_story.html

The killings have increased to 1.3 per day/ Some days there are TEN SHOOTINGS within a 24 hr period/

So are the cops the dangerous ones to this community? Or is it the young locals that present the dangerous element?

It is the criminals, gang bangers and drug addicts that present the dangerous element. Always has been. I don't recall anyone saying anything different. Nobody is blaming LE for making communities more dangerous. JMO

Or is it possible that the history of police brutality in this community has come to a head with Freddy's questionable death?

Oppressed, abused people often will react by fighting back-sometimes in not-so-peaceful ways.

I have ancestors who fought in the Revolutionary War. They fought in rather violent (and definitely illegal) ways to show their opposition to an unfair and brutal regime.

The men we now call Patriots were once considered common criminals.

When the people in power abuse that power, the abused will eventually say "enough" and may not do it by writing their congressman. It is human nature to fight back when you are being beaten up.

LE in this community and in many others have EARNED the reputations they own for abuse of power. And people are going to challenge that. Being a LEO does not give one carte blanche to just do as one likes, with total disregard to the laws and to human rights.

The guy that shot GZ is already being convicted in that forum. But these LEO's who are charged in Freddy's death are given every excuse, plausible or not, for their actions.

Or is it possible that the history of police brutality in this community has come to a head with Freddy's questionable death?

Oppressed, abused people often will react by fighting back-sometimes in not-so-peaceful ways.

I have ancestors who fought in the Revolutionary War. They fought in rather violent (and definitely illegal) ways to show their opposition to an unfair and brutal regime.

The men we now call Patriots were once considered common criminals.

When the people in power abuse that power, the abused will eventually say "enough" and may not do it by writing their congressman. It is human nature to fight back when you are being beaten up.

LE in this community and in many others have EARNED the reputations they own for abuse of power. And people are going to challenge that. Being a LEO does not give one carte blanche to just do as one likes, with total disregard to the laws and to human rights.

The guy that shot GZ is already being convicted in that forum. But these LEO's who are charged in Freddy's death are given every excuse, plausible or not, for their actions.

Maybe I am not understanding...are you comparing the criminals who are murdering people in Baltimore to the Patriots in the Revolutionary War?

LE abusing their power does not give anyone an excuse for shooting and killing people. Just as being LE doesn't give one the right to do as they please neither does being oppressed.

BBM

YES, there were people blaming LE for making the communities more dangerous. One of the main activist groups from Ferguson went from city to city, asking for 'local control' of their neighborhoods, and for the cops to stay out. We can 'police our own' was the demand.

ETA
COPWATCH:
“Disarm NYPD” is a new collective seeking to immediately stop the New York Police Department from killing anyone ever again. The group seeks to monitor and pressure police, with the help of local communities and Copwatch groups, until they retreat from over-policed neighborhoods and then maintain these cop-free zones with alternative,community-based forms of conflict resolution. Along with that, the group also seeks the total disarmament of the police.

The Politics of Imprisonment: How the Democratic Process ...
https://books.google.com/books?isbn=0199888078

RBBM. (as to the first bolded portion.)
Yes, indeed and it has happened on this very thread and the other threads associated with this case.

Maybe I am not understanding...are you comparing the criminals who are murdering people in Baltimore to the Patriots in the Revolutionary War?

LE abusing their power does not give anyone an excuse for shooting and killing people. Just as being LE doesn't give one the right to do as they please neither does being oppressed.

And when the British abused their power over the Colonists (all rather legally, mind you), the disenfranchised Colonists fought back (all rather illegally according to British law) and the result was a revolution.

The criminals who are murdering people in Baltimore are police officers but they are also people who will have to answer for what they have done. Our country was founded on individual freedoms and a system of checks and balances so that tyranny would not ever again gain foothold. LEO's can't just do as they please.

Freddy Gray is the victim as far as this WS thread is concerned. Six officers are charged in his death. That is what this thread is about. Not the resulting riots. I believe that was addressed earlier.

And when the British abused their power over the Colonists (all rather legally, mind you), the disenfranchised Colonists fought back (all rather illegally according to British law) and the result was a revolution.

The criminals who are murdering people in Baltimore are police officers but they are also people who will have to answer for what they have done. Our country was founded on individual freedoms and a system of checks and balances so that tyranny would not ever again gain foothold. LEO's can't just do as they please.

Freddy Gray is the victim as far as this WS thread is concerned. Six officers are charged in his death. That is what this thread is about. Not the resulting riots. I believe that was addressed earlier.

His name is Freddie, with an ie.

I think we are having some sort of miscommunication going on. I obviously have no clue what you are trying to say and vice versa.

The police have been accused of killing 1 person in the city, there are still 95 more that have been killed and not by the police.

People in different places using the same slogans does not mean that the same 'activist groups' are going from city to city, though, does it? What you've written doesn't answer my question at all. It would seem that you're making some pretty broad assumptions here.

I follow the twitter pages of several activists. They proudly proclaim their travels from city to city. Ferguson, to NYC, to Cleveland, to Baltimore/ Pictures and vines posted. Paid for by crowd funding sources. I am not making assumptions--I am reading the tweets and instagrams. Look at #CopWatch, as one example.

I think we are having some sort of miscommunication going on. I obviously have no clue what you are trying to say and vice versa.

Yup. I am also confused. I keep thinking you are saying the accused are innocent and the victim is guilty. Glad I am wrong. ;)

The police have been accused of killing 1 person in the city, there are still 95 more that have been killed and not by the police.

Also, thank you for the correction. My latest ipad update spell-corrects EVERYTHING and I cannot figure out how to turn it pff. Making me crazy. I nevef had it on before for this veryreason.

I follow the twitter pages of several activists. They proudly proclaim their travels from city to city. Ferguson, to NYC, to Cleveland, to Baltimore/ Pictures and vines posted. Paid for by crowd funding sources. I am not making assumptions--I am reading the tweets and instagrams. Look at #CopWatch, as one example.

Are Twitter feeds allowed as fact? I thought we had to user only MSM.

Ugh, too tired to sort it all out. I will re-read the rules again tomorrow. Until then, goodnight friends.

Here is the statement I am having a very hard time with:

"The criminals who are murdering people in Baltimore are police officers ..."

Who are these 'people' being murdered by criminal officers? I only know of one POSSIBLE case, and only ONE of the officers has been charged with 'murder.' So we have ONE OFFICER ACCUSED OF ONE MURDER.

Who are all of these other criminal cops killing?

I do know that NINETY ONE people have been killed by local civilians so far this year though.

Are Twitter feeds allowed as fact? I thought we had to user only MSM.

Ugh, too tired to sort it all out. I will re-read the rules again tomorrow. Until then, goodnight friends.

I posted an MSM link to support my main claim. Then the reply was that SOME of what I posted was not in the MSM article. So I replied that the other details were things seen on the CopWatch twitter page, which sets out their policies more fully.

Also, thank you for the correction. My latest ipad update spell-corrects EVERYTHING and I cannot figure out how to turn it pff. Making me crazy. I nevef had it on before for this veryreason.

I turned my spell check off on my phone when it turned decision into dinosaur....hence, why I have so many spelling errors lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74