CONVICTION OVERTURNED MD - Hae Min Lee, 17, Baltimore, 13 Jan 1999

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soooooo... Was Adnan born in 1980 or 1981?

There seems to be a fair amount of conflict about this?

I've been following this like mad. The whole case is profoundly disturbing.

ff9cdae45f2e2e588a6a1402d6e77101.jpg

His birthday is May 21, 1981.

ff9cdae45f2e2e588a6a1402d6e77101.jpg

His birthday is May 21, 1981.

I was squinting at your doc for ages, trying to see the print. Then I looked down. Thanks very much.
😊👍

So, the suggestion or allegation that the Baltimore PD intentionally flubbed his birthdate (in order to threaten the death penalty, etc etc) is looking to be pretty accurate.

Man. Wow. I kinda can't believe people aren't more horrified at the behavior of the detectives and prosecutor.

More about Adnan's age can be found here at this blog I found on the Google machine earlier, in case anyone felt like some light reading.

http://lawprofessors.typepad.com/ev...-denial-of-bail-to-adnan-syed-in-particu.html

So, the suggestion or allegation that the Baltimore PD intentionally flubbed his birthdate (in order to threaten the death penalty, etc etc) is looking to be pretty accurate.

Man. Wow. I kinda can't believe people aren't more horrified at the behavior of the detectives and prosecutor.

I know... I can't believe it either!

I truly think they wrote down the wrong year intentionally because the BCPD had his DOB correct on every other document. And that "error" is the primary reason he was denied bail---just think of everything he could have researched and checked out himself (Asia's testimony, his email account history, camera footage in the library and/or Best Buy, etc.) if he had been released on bail.

It's atrocious!

It was definitely damaging that his pre-trial incarceration left him less capable of assisting his defense. I'm also pretty sure you're better off if you rock up to a jury as a free defendant than an incarcerated one.

I don't know how you'd stay even remotely sane, if you were sent to prison for something you didn't do.

So hey- this is my million dollar question--

What's the deal w Hae's car? How did jay know where it was, in your opinion?

I think he likely encountered her car in his own travels OR the cops straight up told him where it was.

What do y'all think?

I don't know how to add to my last post on Ze Phone. Forgive that.

I was thinking today about the whole deal w Don's employee numbers etc.

I think it is possible Don had two employee numbers because:

A. He was getting paid twice by his company and this was a little scheme he and his mother were running. Maybe. I think this is unlikely, though.

OR (more likely)

b. He had two employee numbers because it would enable him to fill in for absent employees WITHOUT getting overtime and that would save his ma from exposing an overtime situation to corporate. Most corporate low wage jobs frown on the time and a half required for overtime.

Just wanted to add this because it's been on my mind since that last Serial D podcast.

(For the record I think Don had nothing to do with Hae's murder.)

I think he likely encountered her car in his own travels OR the cops straight up told him where it was.

What do y'all think?

I believe it's one of those two scenarios you mentioned, as well.

I don't know how to add to my last post on Ze Phone. Forgive that.

I was thinking today about the whole deal w Don's employee numbers etc.

I think it is possible Don had two employee numbers because:

A. He was getting paid twice by his company and this was a little scheme he and his mother were running. Maybe. I think this is unlikely, though.

OR (more likely)

b. He had two employee numbers because it would enable him to fill in for absent employees WITHOUT getting overtime and that would save his ma from exposing an overtime situation to corporate. Most corporate low wage jobs frown on the time and a half required for overtime.

Just wanted to add this because it's been on my mind since that last Serial D podcast.

(For the record I think Don had nothing to do with Hae's murder.)

Option B is a great theory I hadn't considered yet. I agree that corporations definitely try to avoid paying employees OT whenever they can.

I don't think Don was involved either but it does bother me that the police didn't investigate his alibi as much as they should have. And, it also bothers me how those who still believe Adnan is guilty don't consider the fact that many of their reasons for believing so also apply to Don (not trying to contact Hae, not seeming concerned that she was missing, etc.) Not to mention... he didn't even attend her memorial service.

I actually worked for Luxotica retail in 2008. They own a lot of companies, like Sunglass Hut (where I worked). I've been in retail for years in management and non management positions. What I will say- based on what I know- is that hourly pay sucks. There's no way that one wouldn't want their OT. This is also illegal and would've been caught be a district manager and/or corporate if it were an ongoing thing.

Even if he was on loan to another location, it'd still have to be documented via his employee number. His. Employee. Number. You do not get a new number when you switch locations.

I dunno. If this were any other case and we were hearing of older boyfriend, came to the trial with a new girlfriend, very likely planted the story of the victim fleeing across the country, very likely falsified alibi, knew she was missing at 6pm and still did nothing, contacted police around 1:30 am...We'd likely be looking his way. But I'll be Kermit the Frog and sip my tea because that's none of my business.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

I actually worked for Luxotica retail in 2008. They own a lot of companies, like Sunglass Hut (where I worked). I've been in retail for years in management and non management positions. What I will say- based on what I know- is that hourly pay sucks. There's no way that one wouldn't want their OT. This is also illegal and would've been caught be a district manager and/or corporate if it were an ongoing thing.

Even if he was on loan to another location, it'd still have to be documented via his employee number. His. Employee. Number. You do not get a new number when you switch locations.

I dunno. If this were any other case and we were hearing of older boyfriend, came to the trial with a new girlfriend, very likely planted the story of the victim fleeing across the country, very likely falsified alibi, knew she was missing at 6pm and still did nothing, contacted police around 1:30 am...We'd likely be looking his way. But I'll be Kermit the Frog and sip my tea because that's none of my business.

Hahaha! I should steal that and make us a Kermit meme. Maybe later.

Don's manager was his mom! And he did actually have two employee numbers. Why else in the world would you? That's the only semi-innocuous reason I can think of. The whole deal with Don stinks to high heaven.

It makes me sad that he didn't attend her service. From all accounts Hae was really into Don.

It also kind of floors me that this 18 year old girl vanished and it wasn't put on blast like Hannah Graham or Morgan Harrington. I didn't live anywhere near VA and I heard about their disappearance. Those girls were in the news fairly constantly. We were using the Internet when Hae vanished, it's not like she disappeared in 1986 or something. I'm about the same age as Adnan and Hae. I think it's crazy that she made so little impact in the media/news. I'd speculate the reason she didn't might have something to do with racism buttttt, AHEM, none of my business. 🐸☕️

New Undisclosed drops tonight. Y'all going to listen? 😃👍

Yeah, totally going to listen. It's, I think, about Jay's plea deal . I definitely think it had something to do with race. Come on, most of the cases that make it to major media are young Caucasian girls. Here we had a Korean girl with Muslim American suspect and the current boyfriend, who wasn't investigated properly, was a blue eyed, blonde Caucasian. And the State's witness was black. Had Hae, Adnan, and Jay been Caucasians would we be discussing Adnan's innocence or guilt? I feel like Hae deserves justice, and she has not received it. She's a person, as much as Travis Alexander, Caylee Anthony, or Lacey Peterson. Just like them, we don't know what great things she could've done with the rest of her life.

Sometimes the most obvious answer is the correct answer. Look at the McStay Family.

Yeah, totally going to listen. It's, I think, about Jay's plea deal . I definitely think it had something to do with race. Come on, most of the cases that make it to major media are young Caucasian girls. Here we had a Korean girl with Muslim American suspect and the current boyfriend, who wasn't investigated properly, was a blue eyed, blonde Caucasian. And the State's witness was black. Had Hae, Adnan, and Jay been Caucasians would we be discussing Adnan's innocence or guilt? I feel like Hae deserves justice, and she has not received it. She's a person, as much as Travis Alexander, Caylee Anthony, or Lacey Peterson. Just like them, we don't know what great things she could've done with the rest of her life.

Sometimes the most obvious answer is the correct answer. Look at the McStay Family.

Weren't the Mc Stays murdered by Dad's shady business partner(s)? Do you think Jay killed Hae? Weird Mr.S? I'm not getting it, but I've only had two cups of coffee today. I know their disappearance was really weird and there were some bizarre sightings/surveillance footage...

Did y'all hear that Don only used that second id number THE WEEK OF JAN 13?! 😳

Man. He looks worse and worse. My theory on his ID number goes straight out the window! What were he and Manager Mom up too?!

I cannot wait to hear the details of Jay's plea. I think it's going to leave us EVEN MORE gobsmacked than the whole Crimestoppers/motorcycle/reward cash reveal.

How the heck do you (supposedly) have previous knowledge of this murder being planned, help bury the body and dispose of the tools used in the crime, yet do ZERO time?! Jay had a record before this right?

Sometimes I think Jay was a Criminal Informant way before Hae went missing.

Nah, I don't think Jay killed Hae, but I think he was a criminal informant. I also think Don's mom was covering for him.

Nah, I don't think Jay killed Hae, but I think he was a criminal informant. I also think Don's mom was covering for him.

ITA. I also think Adnan killed Hae, although it took me awhile to get there.

The 1:30 am Don reappear .

I think it is weird.IF DON is a suspect It brings about a 2 car problem for Don.

Jay knew where Hae's car was because he followed Adnan there (who was driving Hae's car after dumping her body in Leakin Park) and picked him up.

Soooooo, about Jay's plea deal..... Anyone else listen last night with their mouth hanging open?! 😯

Wow. Just wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member