Found Deceased MD - Rachel Morin, 37, left for walk on Ma & Pa Trail 6pm, car found at Williams St entrance, Bel Air, 5 Aug 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt he is still there.
I wonder what brought him to this neighbourhood/town in the first place.
Residents have stated it's a quiet safe place, even sort of sleepy. <modsnip>

This leads me to think he might have had a fixation on Rachel through a dating site or such, and went out there to stalk her.....possibly. I don't know.

That's the thing. <modsnip> I see that guy and I think "This is scary. Because I probably wouldn't think twice if he was walking down the street next to me."

OR, jogging on a trail path beside me.

jmo

Last edited by a moderator:
Speaking of shirtless, I wonder where his clothes/personal belongings were when he attacked Rachel -- his car? Hotel? Motel? Friend/family member's house? The crime was described as "very violent" -- he must have had blood on him and would've needed to change clothes quickly. How did he get from the trail after the murder to wherever his clean clothes were?
He probably waited until it was dark.
The trail sounds like the trails here. They close at sunset and by the time it's dark, they're empty.

It becomes the elephant in the room in Harford County. They're "working with the Hispanic community" in Harford County, so, what does that mean, they've talked to all 120 people max, including kids, in the county ? Extremely, extremely, extremely unlikely.
That makes it better then imo. If the pool of potential relatives or friends (if in fact this is even the case) is small, they're gonna find the connection if one exists.

jmo

Observations

This guy, at least in March

1. Was very physically fit
2. Precision haircut
3. Clean shaven
4. No discernible tattoos or other markings
5. Clothes not dirty as if he is homeless
6. Gold chain around his neck
7. Little to no back hair/arm hair
8. Looks like he had $; And, he had the means to travel across country

Why Maryland?
Social Media stalking of RM?
Family in Bel Air?
Find the barber in LA - someone cut that hair. That person will at least know (maybe well) or recognize the work
Revisit the LA victim to assure her he is gone; Ask her if there is anything else she can remember

They said she was young. She must still be petrified. If she knows he is across the country or at least was across the country as of 12 days ago, this may give her some comfort to speak.

If she was afraid to say if she ever saw him at a camp, or at a school, on the street, anywhere, for fear he would come back, maybe now she will feel more comfortable disclosing this.

jmo
Military?

The LA attack happened on March 26 in LA's 77th Division

Suspect in woman’s brutal murder in Maryland linked to Los Angeles home invasion - KTLA
<snipped & BBM>
The Los Angeles Police Department later confirmed that the assault and break-in happened on March 26 in the jurisdiction of the 77th Division, which encompasses part of South Central.

The LAPD is in contact with authorities in Maryland and offering assistance with their homicide investigation, while simultaneously pursuing leads related to the March break-in.

Last edited:
That makes it better then imo. If the pool of potential relatives or friends (if in fact this is even the case) is small, they're gonna find the connection if one exists.

jmo
I'm more worried about what he might've done between LA and Maryland. Lots of under-reporting of less Media-Worthy victims. Sorry to say that, but it's the reality.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

Just catching up on all the latest. Wooza looks like maybe someone unknown after all?

But you have to admit the arm seem in the video appears to be ushering him out and closing the door. Whatever that indicates.

Was the dude vacationing or working in California? Hoping there are details the victim can share that might lead LE in a direction. Bummer that he had no visible tattoos.

What kind of work crews travel state to state? My mind immediately goes to Wal Mart store contractors, you know the ones who do HVAC and other work? But there are 100s of other possibilities.

Replying to the thread in general, excuse me if this has been addressed.
Can anyone tell if he is in his sock feet or wearing shoes in this video from LA?
-I don't know that it matters, just a curiosity of mine. Wondering if he had wet shoes after murdering RM or took the time to take his shoes off...If she was found in the drainage tunnel under Hwy 24, there would probably be wet feet. IDK-

My eyes often deceive me. Hmm.
(still on page 54 so will catch up)

Also, the haircut seems to be a modified version of a mohawk. Very common IMO. Whatever style it is, it's clean and neat in appearance, however it could have been done just about anywhere.

Back to reading your posts and thinking of Rachel's family right now.

ETA I would have to think he avoided the security cams on homes and redlights in this case, or we'd have new video of him. Is he learning as he goes, or does he even care?

Chi
1692330782666.png

Last edited:
Can anyone tell if he is in his sock feet or wearing shoes in this video from LA?

Chi
View attachment 441633
That house across the street from his looks so unique. Hmm I wonder if searching for it on Google Maps will be helpful to the investigation

Speaking of shirtless, I wonder where his clothes/personal belongings were when he attacked Rachel -- his car? Hotel? Motel? Friend/family member's house? The crime was described as "very violent" -- he must have had blood on him and would've needed to change clothes quickly. How did he get from the trail after the murder to wherever his clean clothes were?

This is another reason why I was "hypothesizing" upthread that maybe he never intended this to be violent and messy. Perhaps he thought his hands would be the only weapon he needed until maybe she let him know she wasn't going anywhere without a fight.

jmo

That's the thing. <modsnip> I see that guy and I think "This is scary. Because I probably wouldn't think twice if he was walking down the street next to me."

OR, jogging on a trail path beside me.

jmo
I also wouldn’t have assumed he was Hispanic. The haircut though was distinctive. I need to go look at the video again on my computer screen. Was that a military cut or was it too long on top?

-I don't know that it matters, just a curiosity of mine. Wondering if he had wet shoes after murdering RM or took the time to take his shoes off...If she was found in the drainage tunnel under Hwy 24, there would probably be wet feet. IDK-

Also, the haircut seems to be a modified version of a mohawk. Very common IMO. Whatever style it is, it's clean and neat in appearance, however it could have been done just about anywhere.

Back to reading your posts and thinking of Rachel's family right now.

ETA I would have to think he avoided the security cams on homes and redlights in this case, or we'd have new video of him. Is he learning as he goes, or does he even care?

Chi
View attachment 441633
Hi Chi! I thought he was barefoot and possibly carrying his shoes. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads