ME ME - Anneliese Heinig, 37, Richmond, 26 Nov 2019 *vehicle found*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very interesting indeed.

Link to PD Facebook post (Dec 2):
Falmouth Maine Police Department
I got goosebumps.

I've been iffy all along to call this self harm. Damn, I wish there was video or something conclusive of her walking there that morning.

Low tide at that time of the morning, so if she did go in the water, it would be only about knee deep, the max. I just can't buy this! This is really bothering me.......sorry folks. :(

State Police have offered more information about their response to finding a vehicle on I-295 in Falmouth that belongs to 37-year-old Anneliese Heinig, a Richmond woman who's been missing since November 26th.

They say a trooper spotted the SUV vehicle in the northbound breakdown lane that morning, stopped, made a quick check on the vehicle, and left it as it was not considered a hazard.

Later that afternoon, police say a DOT employee called to report seeing the SUV in the same spot, at which time it was towed away.

The trooper checked the registration and found no alerts or any information it was connected to anyone that was missing.

[...]

View attachment 218875
State Police explain their handling of missing woman's vehicle

Good Lord, now we're back to she was traveling northbound. I don't know what to believe. Now we have this:

The Maine State Police trooper failed to follow department policy when he made no effort to contact the owners of an SUV parked next to Interstate 295 and did not inventory the vehicle’s contents before he ordered it towed and impounded, potentially delaying the search for a woman who remains missing more than a week later.

State police failed to follow policy when trooper had missing Richmond mother’s car towed

IOW, this was all just routine, tow the car and forget about it.

I really hate that euphemism, "self harm". Can we just just say suicide (if that's what's being implied)?

She either committed suicide, was abducted or willfully disappeared (which I highly doubt). The first two remain equal possibilities, imo.

I agree. Also, I noticed she changed her FB profile photo early in the morning of the same day she disappeared. She changed it to a photo of her kids.
Sadly, this reminds me of my son's good friend and housemate in college who changed his facebook photo to his mother & father the morning of the day he committed suicide.

Forgive me for being a newbie and totally clueless here, what aren't we allowed to discuss in the group on this page? I can provide additional contact info to email me if needed. Thank you!
You can discuss what LE said in their post, but you can't discuss any of the comments that follow the post by LE. Some bad rumors do come out and turn out to be not true, hence why social media isn't allowed to be discussed here as well. We can only point people in the direction of the comments being made. Hope this helps.

I see it now, thank you!

Forgive me for being a newbie and totally clueless here, what aren't we allowed to discuss in the group on this page? I can provide additional contact info to email me if needed. Thank you!

There are some rules posted on the site, somewhere, but we can't discuss rumors or unverified info. Everything must be official sources or a non official source (someone who knows the victim) can get verified here, by mods, and say what they know.

Very interesting indeed.

Link to PD Facebook post (Dec 2):
Falmouth Maine Police Department

I saw this too and wondered about it (heard about it locally when it happened too)...the thing I keep thinking about is what are the chances that someone posts a somewhat ominous FB status (her only public status) the day they go missing and would also be the victim of foul play? Stranger things have happened I guess but it just seems weird to me.

Good Lord, now we're back to she was traveling northbound. I don't know what to believe. Now we have this:

The Maine State Police trooper failed to follow department policy when he made no effort to contact the owners of an SUV parked next to Interstate 295 and did not inventory the vehicle’s contents before he ordered it towed and impounded, potentially delaying the search for a woman who remains missing more than a week later.

State police failed to follow policy when trooper had missing Richmond mother’s car towed

IOW, this was all just routine, tow the car and forget about it.

I really hate that euphemism, "self harm". Can we just just say suicide (if that's what's being implied)?

She either committed suicide, was abducted or willfully disappeared (which I highly doubt). The first two remain equal possibilities, imo.
I'd like an explanation from that State Trooper as to why he didn't inventory the contents of the SUV as well as attempt to contact the owner, which was Anneliese's mother. Precious time was wasted because of his failure to follow the department's policy.

I saw this too and wondered about it (heard about it locally when it happened too)...the thing I keep thinking about is what are the chances that someone posts a somewhat ominous FB status (her only public status) the day they go missing and would also be the victim of foul play? Stranger things have happened I guess but it just seems weird to me.
There has been a couple of cases where someone had their computer or phone "hijacked" if you will, and suspects have posted comments on their social media pages before, during, and sometimes after a victim disappears.

I am not saying that happened here.

I was hoping that if Anneliese did commit suicide, that at least a shoe or article of clothing or a piece of it would have been found by the Coast Guard. From the recent articles that have been posted the last couple of days, it appears that LE doesn't think Anneliese is in that area, as no evidence of her has been found.

Anneliese was neither out of gas nor did her vehicle break down, so why did she stop there? Did someone pull her over; did she stop to assist someone; was there construction or some obstacle that could account for pulling over and stopping?

Where, exactly, was the car parked and which way was she driving and then walking? Was she walking toward a bridge or away from one? That makes a big difference in the possible scenario of her stopping to jump off a bridge.

Without looking back at page one, IIRC, she worked in some field connected to the marine environment. Surely she would have known it was low tide and wouldn't jump into shallow water. That doesn't add up.

Was this route what she would ordinarily travel to work in the AM and, if so, would she usually be driving north or south?

We're really getting precious little information about anything considering this is a missing woman and the little we do get is contradicting.

Feels pretty fishy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member