ME ME - Ayla Reynolds, 20 mnths, Waterville, 17 December 2011 - # 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
But now that I know that JD and his gf were asleep in the basement, and his sister was the only adult upstairs, it makes it more possible that an intruder could enter the home. I bet the sister would tune out any footsteps because she would assume it was her brother or his gf, using the bathroom or kitchen.

I don't think the family had a dog. I bet it was possible to sneak around that house if need be. Someone who was used to doing such things could probably pull it off. imo

To add to that, TR has said she has been to the house...not implicating her, just saying she was probably aware of the usual arrangement.

Sounds like maybe Trista was looking for money to do the interview? When that didn't happen - she limited the scope of questions that could be asked?

I wonder how much money she has made to date off of Ayla's disappearance?

Who stated she gets paid for interviews? Let's not forget she has a lot going on in her life with a missing baby, another small baby that was just hospitalized, the normal roller coaster of emotions that accompanies a missing child...all are verified reasons to "cancel" any interview.

TR didn't give a reason for not being able to talk about these particular topics. PH believes she has been urged by LE not to discuss these issues, but he doesn't know for sure. That could be true. Or maybe TR doesn't want to further antagonize JD for fear that the truth will never come out. PH further states: Believing that she is deceased, I can't, in good conscience, have anything to do with raising money or giving "hope", tugging on listeners' emotions. If the only questions that can be asked have to do with such things as fund raising, it is outside the scope of what our program is about.

All MOO

Can you provide a link please?

TR didn't give a reason for not being able to talk about these particular topics. PH believes she has been urged by LE not to discuss these issues, but he doesn't know for sure. That could be true. Or maybe TR doesn't want to further antagonize JD for fear that the truth will never come out. PH further states: Believing that she is deceased, I can't, in good conscience, have anything to do with raising money or giving "hope", tugging on listeners' emotions. If the only questions that can be asked have to do with such things as fund raising, it is outside the scope of what our program is about.

All MOO
I can certainly understand the fundraising part as that is always a difficult situation anyhow...but to not want to talk about providing hope to the mother of a missing baby?

But now that I know that JD and his gf were asleep in the basement, and his sister was the only adult upstairs, it makes it more possible that an intruder could enter the home. I bet the sister would tune out any footsteps because she would assume it was her brother or his gf, using the bathroom or kitchen.

I don't think the family had a dog. I bet it was possible to sneak around that house if need be. Someone who was used to doing such things could probably pull it off. imo

If 3 adults sleep that soundly with babies in a little bitty house, it is a miracle to me that nothing bad has ever happened before. Good grief, were they all unconscious? I am beginning to wonder...JMO

If Ayla had cried out from her pain during the night, would be even be heard...assuming she was there.

If 3 adults sleep that soundly with babies in a little bitty house, it is a miracle to me that nothing bad has ever happened before. Good grief, were they all unconscious? I am beginning to wonder...JMO

It is a itty bitty house. But basement bedrooms are notorious for being really soundproof. At least the one I lived in for awhile was. I couldn't hear what was going on unless someone was walking hard right above me. But people had to come down the stairs and knock for me to hear them calling for me. I couldn't hear them if they called out from the top of the stairs usually. So I really believe that an intruder could sneak in if they wanted to.

And when you have one person upstairs and two down,then neither gets worried if they hear movement. They just assume it is their room mate walking around. imo

eta: If Ayla was there, and had cried out in the night, I think the sister would have heard her because she was supposedly sleeping in the next room.

Per the above post by hoppy:

So she's not asking for money directly for herself, but she may have wanted to plug or promote the find ayla reynolds groups and associated donations...JMO

The only money she is "plugging" is to increase the reward fund as stated on her website for Ayla. Neither LostNMissing nor Laura Recovery Center has any roles whatsoever with any monies donated nor managing or accepting any donations on behalf of either efforts of JD or TR as it comes to their fundraising efforts and donations to any Ayla Fund. neither organization collects nor asks for money for any clients. We can only advise the families as to what they should do to be in compliance..but we have no control on what either may do.

It is a itty bitty house. But basement bedrooms are notorious for being really soundproof. At least the one I lived in for awhile was. I couldn't hear what was going on unless someone was walking hard right above me. But people had to come down the stairs and knock for me to hear them calling for me. I couldn't hear them if they called out from the top of the stairs usually. So I really believe that an intruder could sneak in if they wanted to.

And when you have one person upstairs and two down,then neither gets worried if they hear movement. They just assume it is their room mate walking around. imo

eta: If Ayla was there, and had cried out in the night, I think the sister would have heard her because she was supposedly sleeping in the next room.

As the parent of an injured baby, would you sleep that far away from her...and hope that someone else might hear her if she cried...I've said it many times but I sure wouldn't put floors between me and my cat at night, certainly not if he was injured or ailing. It's not like Dad had to get up early to be at a job or anything...so what if his sleep was disturbed...JMO

As the parent of an injured baby, would you sleep that far away from her...and hope that someone else might hear her if she cried...I've said it many times but I sure wouldn't put floors between me and my cat at night, certainly not if he was injured or ailing. It's not like Dad had to get up early to be at a job or anything...so what if his sleep was disturbed...JMO

That's a very valid point. Of course I wouldn't. I am assuming he left the care of his baby up to his mom, sister and gf, most of the time. :mad:

http://www.onlinesentinel.com/news/new-website-offers-fresh-details-on-ayla_2012-01-20.html

Has anyone read the comments on this page? Especially the one about 4 hours ago----or search the page for the word "midnight" of Dec. 16.

Similar info given in other post but that should give you a starting point.
That is a very juicy tidbit; i.e. that Justin left the home around midnight. I wonder the source, where he went, and if it's true.

That poster 'Saint' on the Sentinel writes some neat stuff.

As I have stated before on WS threads, I am not computer literate. Having stated that again, I am going to type a story here and give all the information I can so that anyone reading it will be able to verify the veracity of this post.

The New Hampshire Sunday News, January 22, has on Page A6 the following story:

"Abuse more likely to be suspected of poor

[/B] (Reuters)--When a toddler has a broken bone, pediatricians may be more likely to suspect abuse if the family is lower-income, a new study finds. Researchers found that pediatricians who read a fictional case report of a toddler with a leg fracture were more likely to suspect abuse if the child was described as coming from a lower-income family."

I have not seen this story myself, but a friend telephoned me today to share it with me knowing of my interest in Ayla's disappearance. I took notes, read it back, and I am now transcribing my notes to share with anyone who reads this post. This newspaper is published in Manchester, New Hampshire by The Union Leader Corporation which is the largest newspaper publisher north of Boston; it definitely qualifies as MSM.

Sorry, but I don't know how to get the inside quotes to show here. To understand what I am saying you might have to read Hi Hater's post above.

If I am reading this correctly then DHHS may not have acted outside the law. It may be that the law is just poorly written and needs to be changed. If I am understanding this correctly....it is saying that a parent who has not seen their child for say 10 years, and is 10 years behind on child support could waltz in while the other parent was in the hospital and take a child who was being cared for by a responsible care giver. They can do this just because they were the parent (egg donor---sperm donor)???? Am I understanding this law right? Please tell me this is not what it means!

That is EXACTLY correct and it happened exactly that way with my ex sisterinlaw. The father wanted nothing to do with his daughter the first 4 years of her life. He never saw her beyond one time at 6 weeks old with his mother. He never paid child support and my ex sis never petitioned him as she lived w her parents who helped support her and baby and he was running with a bad crowd. (baby dad) She eventually married a wonderful man. When child was 6 years old they went for him (baby dad) to legally give up rights for BIL to adopt her. He was now married and wife advised him to not give up rights. (she had 3 boys from prior relationship and wanted a girl and tubes tied)..so he refused to allow adoption. He filed for visitation and won even with psychiatrist and a psychologist for child who advised against it. She would hide under kitchen table when he came. They did not even grant supervised to start and that had the whole family upset! He ended up dying 6 months later and the new wife had no rights.

Here's the Reuters article, Kiln (hope this saves you some typing!):

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/01/20/us-docs-abuse-idUSTRE80J1WK20120120

"...The current results suggest "there's more than race involved," Laskey said.

She was also quick to say, however, that the study doesn't mean pediatricians are consciously "classist" or otherwise biased when evaluating children's injuries."

More at link

That is EXACTLY correct and it happened exactly that way with my ex sisterinlaw. The father wanted nothing to do with his daughter the first 4 years of her life. He never saw her beyond one time at 6 weeks old with his mother. He never paid child support and my ex sis never petitioned him as she lived w her parents who helped support her and baby and he was running with a bad crowd. (baby dad) She eventually married a wonderful man. When child was 6 years old they went for him (baby dad) to legally give up rights for BIL to adopt her. He was now married and wife advised him to not give up rights. (she had 3 boys from prior relationship and wanted a girl and tubes tied)..so he refused to allow adoption. He filed for visitation and won even with psychiatrist and a psychologist for child who advised against it. She would hide under kitchen table when he came. They did not even grant supervised to start and that had the whole family upset! He ended up dying 6 months later and the new wife had no rights.

Thank you for telling this story. I have known for years that the system for protection of children was broken. I think part of is due to the laws which favor parental rights over child safety, and part is due to DHHS. I have witnessed this in my own community, county, and state. I also helped a person in a similar situation as your ex sister-in-law to get her child to safety. I can truthfully say it is a trip to hell and back sometimes. In her case his parental rights were not taken away until he had not seen the child for 10 years and had not paid child support in 10 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member