Found Deceased ME - Kristin Westra, 47, North Yarmouth, 30 Sept 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
A bit of a o/t If my husband went missing right now i could guarantee I would be saying the bugger snored and snored so I got up at 232am last night to head to the sofa for the second time this week(141am the other night) or I could've bashed his head, while shouting at him that he was selfish and pointing out the time to him.

This morning I was angry, tired and frustrated and hardly spoke to him. When he walked out to work he was probably frustrated and no doubt angry at both him for the issue and me for being so angry.

If he went missing/got murdered during his working day, my statement would be all that man kept me awake half the night without a though, he didnt give two you know what's about me but he loved his kids.

Holy smokes, he's just started snoring on the sofa... you guys will be my witness I never bumped him off right?!
Have him tested for sleep apnea. Aww silence is golden!

fall break like spring break? down here where i am at in texas, we dont have fall break we have spring break in march we have a 2 week christmas break maybe thats why, dont know. we also have, in case we need it, cold weather days
When we moved from GA to N.C., Ga adopted Fall Break and we didn’t get to have it in N.C., we now are in KY and have a full week in October, and get our *advertiser censored* kicked by snow days Bc so many of our school buses run on rural routes lol. We stayed home this year, but lots go to the panhandle

I've been following this (we lived in Yarmouth, and still have family there)….the only thing I guess I can say is that I'm glad they found her. Not knowing seems so horrible.

I have (like some of you have talked about here) a close friend who committed suicide, and it's a really hard thing to make peace with it. It's so easy to say how tortured they must be in their head to think that suicide is the best option....but, my god, the swath of destruction it leaves in its wake...

If it turns out that she committed suicide, I hope they are able to find a measure of peace...

Last edited:
I've been following this (we lived in Yarmouth, and still have family there)….the only thing I guess I can say is that I'm glad they found her. Not knowing seems so horrible.

I have (like some of you have talked about here) a close friend who committed suicide, and it's a really hard thing to make peace with it. It's so easy to say how tortured they must be in their head to think that suicide is the best option....but, my god, the swath of destruction it leaves in its wake...

If it turns out that she committed suicide, I hope they are able to find a measure of peace...
One of my husband's clients (he's a psychologist) committed suicide yesterday. He had just seen him Tuesday for his regular appointment. The man had tried before to kill himself several years ago, but now talked openly about it, how he was past it, how it would be too painful for his family and he didn't consider it an option any more. Very successful man financially with a wife and 2 daughters. And then...who can explain the power of depression or the determination to be rid of it permanently? Sad for this family And Kristin's family
and all families who suffer from this powerful obsession and for those left behind.

One of my husband's clients (he's a psychologist) committed suicide yesterday. He had just seen him Tuesday for his regular appointment. The man had tried before to kill himself several years ago, but now talked openly about it, how he was past it, how it would be too painful for his family and he didn't consider it an option any more. Very successful man financially with a wife and 2 daughters. And then...who can explain the power of depression or the determination to be rid of it permanently? Sad for this family And Kristin's family
and all families who suffer from this powerful obsession and for those left behind.

I'm so sorry to hear about your husband's patient. I don't think it's possible to stop someone who is committed to doing this :-(

My friend was a psychologist. Her husband was/is a psychologist. The funeral was heartbreaking.

Well here's my thoughts. She went to see somebody for help. Did she get antidepressants? That will cause you to commit suicide. The warning even comes with it. I had a relative try suicide three times while on Prozac. We could not figure out why he was doing this!! He went off it and never ever did this again and this was 27 years ago!! This has happened to people who take the newer antidepressants too.

Well here's my thoughts. She went to see somebody for help. Did she get antidepressants? That will cause you to commit suicide. The warning even comes with it. I had a relative try suicide three times while on Prozac. We could not figure out why he was doing this!! He went off it and never ever did this again and this was 27 years ago!! This has happened to people who take the newer antidepressants too.

BBM

Suicidal ideation happens with some people on antidepressants, certainly not all as you allege. I've successfully been on them for years, and I know many, many others who have been as well. Your generalization is not accurate.

BBM

Suicidal ideation happens with some people on antidepressants, certainly not all as you allege. I've successfully been on them for years, and I know many, many others who have been as well. Your generalization is not accurate.

Me too. For years. That, as well as anti-anxiety meds. I'm bi-polar. If I didn't have the drugs, I'd most likely be dead.

Mental health is still so misunderstood! People still look at me like I have the plague when I tell them I visit my psychiatrist (NOT a psychologist; I'm tired of people thinking that a lay on a couch and talk for an hour) every two to three months.

BBM

GrilledCheezy - In total agreement. I know Prozac literally saved my life several years ago when I was one vehicle in a multi-car accident that killed an elderly pedestrian. Even though the accident was in no way my fault, I spiraled into a deep dark depression (always been prone to it, still am). The accident happened in mid-November. The holidays were ruined for me (still are somewhat) and by the time I began Prozac in early January, I was despondent, suicidal. Not sure I would have lasted much longer without it. Truthfully, I wish I had never stopped taking it.

MOO...

I feel so bad for the kids who found the body. I do wonder how much they were just "playing in the woods" versus intentionally searching for any signs of KW. If my kids/grandkids lived a mile away from where a woman had gone missing at 3 am, I don't think I would let them into the woods by themselves.

Since January 1, 2012, nurse practitioners (NP) working in mental health care are allowed to prescribe psychotropic medication. There has been no info that the nurse that evaluated her Sunday was a mental health NP, it was stated she was simply an NP that was a friend of the family. Even if she could prescribe, one dose of any psychotropic medication is not likely going to lead someone to suicide from a paradoxical reaction. In any event, let's wait until a cause of death is issued.

YARMOUTH (NEWS CENTER Maine) — Friends and family of Kristin Westra say they are still clinging to a sliver of hope that the 47-year-old teacher is still alive.
This despite the discovery of an unidentified body near Westra’s home Friday.
~snip

Westra’s close group of friends say the outpouring from the community is giving them strength during this difficult time. They are still holding out hope that Westra will be found alive somewhere.
“This is not like her to have this happen," said Burtler Carmichael, Westra's friend, "and that’s what is so difficult no scenario seems like her."

Friends of missing teacher still holding out hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member