Media Links Only - No Discussion

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/napervillesun/news/953161,6_1_NA16_PETERSON_S1.article

22-year-old defends Peterson relationship

May 16, 2008

By JOE HOSEY The Herald News

BOLINGBROOK -- The latest lady in Drew Peterson's life - a 22-year-old he rescued from a Naperville traffic stop last week - is keeping an open mind about her older male "friend."

"I've always been the kind of person, I'm not going to judge someone," said the young woman, who asked that she not be identified.

The woman said she met Peterson about three weeks ago through their mutual friend, Steve Carcerano, who tans at the salon where she works. Since then, they have spoken often and she has spent the night at his home - but nothing physical took place, she said. Peterson did not seem so sure about that

"Never 'nothing' physical," Peterson said enigmatically.

<<<<snip>>>>

When pressed about the nature of their relationship, Peterson said, "No comment," and added "She has parents to be concerned with."

The woman, a Benet Academy graduate, said her relationship with Peterson has caused her some grief.

"It sucks," she said, "because I'm not a hooker."

more at link

http://www.suntimes.com/news/peterson/953849,CST-NWS-boling16.article

Cops question woman, 22, whose call got Drew a ticket

BY DAN ROZEK AND JOE HOSEY Staff Reporters
The 22-year-old woman whom Drew Peterson was seeking to help when he got stopped for speeding by police has been questioned extensively by investigators probing the disappearance of his fourth wife.

Speaking publicly for the first time, the Darien woman said Thursday that State Police investigators questioned her for two hours earlier this week about Peterson and her involvement with him.

<<<<<<snip>>>>>>>

Peterson on Thursday would say little about the new relationship but said the woman has been to his home and that he has taken her flying in his two-seat, ultralight aircraft.

<<<<<<snip>>>>>>>>

The woman said she has been warned by police she likely will be called before the Will County grand jury investigating Stacy Peterson's disappearance and Savio's death

more at link

The latest Public Relations Puff Piece:
Note: There are NO copyright laws pertaining to this article. It is meant to be fully reproduced. And, this way, you don't need to click on the link.

FindStacyPeterson.com Blog Taken Down
Drew Peterson filed a complaint with the FBI saying the blog did more to spy on him than it did to help find his missing wife.
May 20, 2008
"(PRNewsChannel) / Bolingbrook, Ill. - When Stacy Peterson disappeared, the FindStacyPeterson.com blog became a hub for information for concerned family, friends and members of the community.

But in the months since, her husband Drew Peterson, a suspect in her disappearance, has complained that the site has done little to find his missing wife, and instead, had become a vehicle to spy on him, discuss plans to harass him, and to reveal his personal comings and goings.

The site, he says, had intruded on his personal life and Peterson filed two complaints against the blog--one with the FBI and one with local authorities.

While the information Web site is still online, the popular blog has now been taken down.

A message on the site reads: We are restructuring our site to become an information based only site. Thank you to all who have have contributed to the forum.

"I'm not certain if the complaints we made caused the authorities to take the blog down or if it was something else," says Joel A. Brodsky, Peterson's criminal defense attorney, "but they crossed the line with the site there's no doubt about it."

Drew Peterson says he's pleased the blog has been dropped and he hopes the focus can now shift back to finding Stacy.

"I hope people start focusing on finding Stacy instead of my personal life," says Peterson.

Peterson says Stacy spoke with him before she disappeared and told him that she was leaving with another man. He says he too can't understand why she has not been located when so many people are looking for her.

And Peterson now says he is growing increasingly worried and fears someone, perhaps the man she ran off with, has harmed her or is preventing her from making contact.

"I wasn't that worried for a long time," says Peterson. "But now I am."

He says he hoped a $25,000 reward he offered last month for information leading to Stacy's safe return would've produced some productive leads. But it hasn't.

"My children miss their mother," says Peterson. "Yes I'm mad that she left me for another man and caused the world to suspect me in her disappearance. But I am now also very concerned."

He says he hopes that with the findstacypeterson.com blog dismantled, maybe the focus will shift back to finding Stacy rather than wasting time watching his every move."

Media Contacts:
Joel A. Brodsky, Drew Peterson's Attorney Phone: (312) 701-3000 or
Glenn Selig, ThePublicityAgency.com, glenn (at) thepublicityagency.com, (813) 948-7767

Stacy Peterson Web site forum curtailed

Tribune staff report 12:38 PM CDT, May 20, 2008

"Administrators for findstacypeterson.com have shut down the active forum on the Web site dedicated to the missing Bolingbrook mother, saying the site will now only be used for updates, searches and events."

"The activity on the site slowed in recent months, said Sharon Bychowski, a friend and neighbor of Stacy Peterson. Site administrators felt the forum had run its course."

Warrant Issued For Peterson's Arrest

POSTED: 12:07 pm CDT May 21, 2008
UPDATED: 12:38 pm CDT May 21, 2008

CHICAGO -- An arrest warrant has been issued for Drew Peterson, apparently in connection with a weapons charge.

LIVE VIDEO: Sky5 Over Peterson Home

A publicist for Peterson said the former police sergeant suspected in his wife's disappearance will turn himself into authorities Wednesday.

Sky5 captured images of Peterson getting into a car in front of his home shortly after 12:30 p.m. The car drove off, presumably en route to the offices of the Illinois State Police.

More at: http://www.nbc5.com/news/16351828/detail.html?dl=mainclick

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-drew-peterson-webmay22,0,1202975.story

snip/
At around 12:30 p.m., Peterson left his home and shouted "I love you" to a throng of reporters gathered outside his home before getting into the gold Mercedes owned by his attorney Joel Brodsky.

"He was a SWAT team member, and he was allowed to have two duty weapons," Brodsky said. "This was a registered duty weapon with the Bolingbrook Police Department, and he carried it for 10 years. The state police had this weapon in their possession before he retired, so there is no basis for this charge."

/snip

The Dan Rozek & Joe Hosey Sun Times article:

Drew Peterson faces gun charge in Bolingbrook

"Drew Peterson was arrested today on a felony weapons charge related to the seizure of 11 guns from his Bolingbrook home last November."

"Peterson is charged with knowingly possessing "a rifle, namely a Colt model Sporter Lightweight, 223 Remington rifle" with a barrel less than 16 inches in length, in violation of state law.

But Brodsky disputed the charges, saying Peterson was allowed to have the gun in his possession because he was a member of the Bolingbrook Police Department's SWAT team at the time the gun was seized."

A newer Rozek and Hosey article:

Police 'trying to harass' Drew?

"How short is barrel?

In questioning the charge, Brodsky said the rifle's barrel was only three-eighths of an inch short of the state requirement -- and that Peterson was allowed to own the weapon because he used it while serving on the Bolingbrook Police Department SWAT team.

Though Peterson abruptly resigned from the department Nov. 15, he was still a police officer when the guns were removed from his home Nov. 1, Brodsky said.

"I hope the charges will be dropped,'' Brodsky said, adding: "It seems to me this was done very quickly at the last minute.''

One law enforcement source, however, said the gun's barrel was only about 11 inches long -- well short of the state limit. Another source, meanwhile, contended Peterson couldn't legally possess the AR-15 even when he was a police officer because he purchased the weapon privately.

A Bolingbrook police spokesman confirmed the weapon wasn't issued to Peterson while he was on the department's SWAT team. Peterson was issued an MP-5 submachine gun that was returned to the department after investigators removed it from Peterson's home in the fall, Lt. Ken Teppel said."

From the America's Most Wanted website:

Illinois Authorities Charge Drew Peterson

snippet:

"Only a few hours after being released from jail, new information about the gun in question surfaced. A representative from the Bolingbrook Police Department disputes Peterson's attorney's claim that the AR-15 assault rifle was used while Peterson was a member of the department's SWAT team.

Lt. Ken Teppel, the public information officer for Bolingbrook PD, told AMW that Peterson was issued two weapons as an officer. The first was a Sig-Saur handgun and the second was a H and K MP5. The MP5 was the weapon used by Peterson when he was a member of the SWAT team, not the AR-15. Both department issued guns were seized by Illinois State Police when they searched Peterson's home and were subsequently returned to the Bolingbrook Police Department."

Chicago Tribune:

Drew Peterson's attorney seeks documents on disputed gun
Bolingbrook police subpoenaed in wake of weapons charge

"Drew Peterson's attorney filed subpoenas late Thursday morning seeking documents related to a gun at the center of a felony weapons charge against his client.

Shortly before noon, Joel Brodsky filed subpoenas against the Bolingbrook Police Department and a Bolingbrook police sergeant asking that they produce registration forms regarding Peterson's duty weapons, training reports, SWAT team records, and any and all documents "authorizing Drew Peterson to use, carry, possess or store the Colt Sporter Lightweight .223 Remington rifle . . . since Jan. 1, 1985.""

"Authorities said the weapon was privately owned by Peterson and that the barrel was nearly 5 inches shorter than required by law.

Brodsky said Peterson registered the weapon with his department for use as a member of the Response Entry and Containment Team.

Later Thursday, Peterson is expected to learn whether a Will County judge will allow him to transfer to his son 11 firearms seized by police during the execution of a search warrant at his Bolingbrook home in November."

Chicago Tribune

Drew Peterson's son to get most of his guns
8 of 11 weapons seized Nov. 1 in probe of wife's disappearance to be transferred

"A Will County judge Thursday ordered the state police to turn over 8 of Drew Peterson's guns to his son, a day after Peterson was arrested on a charge of felony unlawful use of a weapon.

Judge Richard Schoenstedt said the state should hand over the weapons within the next two weeks. Peterson's son Steven, an Oak Brook police officer, will maintain ownership of the guns."

"Schoenstedt said that Wednesday's arrest had "no direct bearing on the decision of this court.""

'Stacy Ann' deployed in water search for Stacy Peterson

By Erika Slife | Tribune reporter

"Searchers continued their efforts Monday in the hunt for missing Bolingbrook mother Stacy Peterson.

Approximately 10 people searched by land and water near 135th Street and the Illinois & Michigan Canal in Romeoville for evidence related to the Peterson's disappearance."

There is a video at that link.

They also searched yesterday, Sunday, with their new boat:

New boat used in Stacy Peterson search

"Searchers looking for missing Bolingbrook woman Stacy Peterson are learning sonar techniques for scouring waterways while continuing land searches."

"On Sunday, searchers combed land in Bolingbrook. Another search is planned for Monday.

Search organizer Roy Taylor says water search efforts are focused on locating barrels. So far, he says more than 34 have been found in canals and streams.

Searchers have said police have asked them to look for a blue plastic barrel."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
myauris11
Back