Medication

why is she most likely on xanax?

That's the type of medication most doctors would prescribe in a situation like this, with her obvious extreme levels of anxiety.

She actually looks and acts better the last couple of times I have seen her on TV, I was thinking perhaps she went off of whatever she was on.

This is from a long time friend (Chief of Homicide) (Chief of Police) (Certified by FBI as a polygrapher) whom I trust 100% and believe 100%.

It doesn't matter if you are taking drugs or not. First, the polygrapher establishes a baseline - even if you take Zanax, they can still establish a baseline of you, on Xanax. The tests are read from your baseline, not some statistical national average.

Does that make sense? Did I explain it correctly?

When you ask Bob if his name is Earl, when he answers "no", he establishes a baseline. When he is asked if his name is "Bob" and he answers "yes" he establishes another. A serious of questions that the polygrapher already knows the answer to, are asked and answered to establish the responses on the graph. Even if you are taking Xanax, when you lie, the graph moves.

I'll try to think of an analogy to explain what I am saying. It doesn't makes sense when I read it myself.

So if someone wanted to they could go off the meds for a while and then take a poly..right?

Drugs that invalidate polygraphs:
(highlighted in yellow)

http://74.125.95.104/search?q=cache...invalidate+polygraph&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us

Miltown the drug mentioned in the above report preceded the class of drugs best known as valium (diazepam).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meprobamate

snipped from above:

According to Raskin (136), a different problem would be encountered by attempts to utilize tranquilizers to defeat an examination employing CQT. The use of such drugs in a CQT polygraph examination would be more likely to yield inconclusive findings, rather than errors, because the drugs would likely result in no difference between the responses to control and relevant questions. This interpretation is supported by the recent analog study of Gatchel, et al. (59), which found that the use of propranolol, a beta-blocking drug, resulted in a 32.2-percent inconclusive rate, although the overall error rate was low. An additional finding was that examiners could not tell which subjects had used the drug. Conclusions drawn from this study must be limited by the fact that subjects were students. Other studies using college students (e.g., 76,77) have also resulted in large numbers of inconclusive.

I think a lot of factors can influence a polygraph-- including medications-- and the influences aren't always predictable and can vary among subjects.
If I were accused of a crime, I would NOT take a polygraph. Nejame was wise to advise his clients against taking a polygraph. I think the best way for Nejame to convince Cindy that she should not take a polygraph was to tell her she couldn't do it because of her medication, end of story. The woman is a loose canon, who is no doubt intensely internally conflicted about everything right now-- I don't even think she could be baselined-- who knows what her polygraph results would show. I don't think they would be accurate and I do think they could have created problems for Cindy.

This is from a long time friend (Chief of Homicide) (Chief of Police) (Certified by FBI as a polygrapher) whom I trust 100% and believe 100%.

It doesn't matter if you are taking drugs or not. First, the polygrapher establishes a baseline - even if you take Zanax, they can still establish a baseline of you, on Xanax. The tests are read from your baseline, not some statistical national average.

When you ask Bob if his name is Earl, when he answers "no", he establishes a baseline. When he is asked if his name is "Bob" and he answers "yes" he establishes another. A serious of questions that the polygrapher already knows the answer to, are asked and answered to establish the responses on the graph. Even if you are taking Xanax, when you lie, the graph moves.

I'll try to think of an analogy to explain what I am saying. It doesn't makes sense when I read it myself.

It makes perfect sense. I've been given a poly before for a job. They ask you nonsense questions..or should I say obvious questions first to create the baseline as you said. I totally forgot but you are I believe correct.

That's the type of medication most doctors would prescribe in a situation like this, with her obvious extreme levels of anxiety.

She actually looks and acts better the last couple of times I have seen her on TV, I was thinking perhaps she went off of whatever she was on.
Here they typically prescribe kolonapin. Those dreaded pam drugs lol.
I was just trying to determine if we actually know what meds she is on.

very true... Xanax and Ativan are very addicting and cause much mellowness. Could override your lies and make you say the truth. Buspar is non-addictive...does not cause a "buzz" that would cause you to talk.

I am having a hard time understanding why everyone is under the impression that taking Benzo's (Xanax, klonopin, Valium, Ativan etc) would make a person tell the truth. It's just not the case, they are not a truth serum, just a "chill pill". I was addicted to Benzo's for years and lied my a$$ off just like I always did.

It does make sense, but then a post three down from this says certain meds can suppress the autonamic responses that the test is measuring resulting in inconclusive tests (is that what they said Patsy Ramsey's issue was?). All the links I found said it could effect it. But this is exactly why they are inadmissable and not considered solid science.

What I want to know is if she so impared she can't take a lie detector, wouldn't that also impact her driving ability? If so, should she be behind the wheel of a car?

I wouldn't take a polygraph either, but I also would not come forward offering one (per my attorney) and then rescind the offer. It feels like a ploy for sympathy orchestrated by Nejame, I do not care for that tactic even though I do feel for both George and Cindy.

Oh-- see, I missed that. Did they offer to take one and then rescind?? I only heard through LP's statement that they said they would then Lee told them not to.
I do think, though, that no defense attorney should have his client submit to a polygraph unless the atty administers the polygraph privately.

Are George and Lee on meds too? If so, could their ability to drive be impacted? Also, if the A's are med impared, why is Mr. Nejame allowing them to make the TV talk circuit.

I had to take a class in administering polygraph exams in college for my major. I failed miserably. Not the class..the test. Among many other things,I apparently lied about my name and even my age.
I would never take one and I totally understand why they are inadmissable.

What are you saying, that she is on an Antidepressant?

She was put on medication back in August. Whatever it was took 2 weeks to saturate the system before the affects took place. Antidepressant? Don't know. As I said, I do not know what the medication was or is.

Are George and Lee on meds too? If so, could their ability to drive be impacted? Also, if the A's are med impared, why is Mr. Nejame allowing them to make the TV talk circuit.

I have not heard anything about G and L on meds, ever. Never seen any signs of med use either. Where is this coming from?

Here they typically prescribe kolonapin. Those dreaded pam drugs lol.
I was just trying to determine if we actually know what meds she is on.

Yeah where I used to live (Connecticut) that was the doctors drug of choice too, Klonopin. It is longer lasting than Xanax, it has a half life of 36 hours were as Xanax has a half life of only 10-15 hours.

We have no verification that cindy is on any of this type of medication.

Oh-- see, I missed that. Did they offer to take one and then rescind?? I only heard through LP's statement that they said they would then Lee told them not to.
I do think, though, that no defense attorney should have his client submit to a polygraph unless the atty administers the polygraph privately.

It looks like I am wrong, I tried to find an article where I thought I read this. I probably confused myself with they As offering DNA and Lee's refusal to DNA and a lie detector test. I am sorry.

What I want to know is if she so impared she can't take a lie detector, wouldn't that also impact her driving ability? If so, should she be behind the wheel of a car?

I doubt they are that kind of medication, besides we don't know if she is still taking anything. Pure speculation.

I have not heard anything about G and L on meds, ever. Never seen any signs of med use either. Where is this coming from?

Nejame commented on NG that lie dectection was out because meds were in. I think he meant Cindy, but George and Lee are NOT going on the box either, so I was just wondering if they're being medicated as well.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona
Back