Medication

It looks like I am wrong, I tried to find an article where I thought I read this. I probably confused myself with they As offering DNA and Lee's refusal to DNA and a lie detector test. I am sorry.

Thanks for checking! I didn't remember Nejame offering, but I'll keep my eye open as well. It's so easy to lose track of all the info in this case :)

What I want to know is if she so impared she can't take a lie detector, wouldn't that also impact her driving ability? If so, should she be behind the wheel of a car?

Thank you! Good grief some common sense. While everyones posts are legit, MHO she could be taking sugar pills....the A's are not going to submit to a polygraph not then, not now, never.

Nejame commented on NG that lie dectection was out because meds were in. I think he meant Cindy, but George and Lee are NOT going on the box either, so I was just wondering if they're being medicated as well.

Oh, I see. I must have missed that part when my phone rang. Back when the first search for Caylee took place was when I picked up on CA getting on some meds to help her cope. It was confirmed by someone she knew and I happened to be in the company of during the search. It was kind of obvious from a couple of the TV shows she did interviews with back then but she seems fine now. So, I really do not know if that is the case now but if it was mentioned on NG tonight, then that would be the case I guess. I've noticed a remarkable weight loss in both C & A lately. This certainly has taken its' toll on them.

What I want to know is if she so impared she can't take a lie detector, wouldn't that also impact her driving ability? If so, should she be behind the wheel of a car?

I agree!

I doubt they are that kind of medication, besides we don't know if she is still taking anything. Pure speculation.

If you are on Xanax you are not supposed to drive.

Oh, I see. I must have missed that part when my phone rang. Back when the first search for Caylee took place was when I picked up on CA getting on some meds to help her cope. It was confirmed by someone she knew and I happened to be in the company of during the search. It was kind of obvious from a couple of the TV shows she did interviews with back then but she seems fine now. So, I really do not know if that is the case now but if it was mentioned on NG tonight, then that would be the case I guess. I've noticed a remarkable weight loss in both C & A lately. This certainly has taken its' toll on them.

It could also be that she thought she looked so frumpy on TV, she thought she needed to lose some weight.

She was put on medication back in August. Whatever it was took 2 weeks to saturate the system before the affects took place. Antidepressant? Don't know. As I said, I do not know what the medication was or is.

Huh- could be anything.. you don't even know if it was a Psychotropic Medication?

Do we know that Xanax is what she is taking?

If you read my post above, I just stated that we do not know if she is on anything of the sort, that we are all assuming.

Huh- could be anything.. you don't even know if it was a Psychotropic Medication?

No, I don't know that. It was something to help her cope, which is not surprising. If that were me, I would have needed something too.

No, I don't know that. It was something to help her cope, which is not surprising. If that were me, I would have needed something too.

Oh, I'm not putting her down for being on medication. I'm the last person who would ever do that LOL! Asking for and getting help when you can no longer handle things on your own is a brave thing to do- there should never be any shame involved in that, I don't care who you are!

No one knows what kind of medication she is on or what its for. Nejame saying she is on meds tonight wasnt a shock, people have been speculating about it for months. No offense to anyone but I think its kind of a moot subject, Cindy's personal, private health issues dont have anything to do with Caylee's murder case. FTR, Ive been on several anti-deps and anti-anxiety meds and they've never altered my behavior, made me high, or made me tell the truth, etc. Thats not what they are for.

Oh, I'm not putting her down for being on medication. I'm the last person who would ever do that LOL! Asking for and getting help when you can no longer handle things on your own is a brave thing to do- there should never be any shame involved in that, I don't care who you are!

I agree.

If you are on Xanax you are not supposed to drive.

OneLostGrl, I rarely disagree with you but on this one I will. It clearly states in the drug literature that you should not drive UNTIL you know how the drug affects you. From personal experience, I was on Xanax for over 20 years and if I DIDN'T take it I would be more reluctant to drive. Remember, many of these medications are given to correct a biochemical deficit - they make you more 'normal.'

I've taken and some of these I currently take are Prozac, Effexor, Lithium, Depakote, Xanax, Clonazepam, Propranolol, Welbutrin, Elavil just for starters. I've never had a problem driving once I've determined their affect on me. Once again, I state that these drugs are give to correct a biochemical imbalance not to get you "high" or dope you up.

I also would not take a polygraph due less to the medication than the panic attacks that can spring on me out of nowhere. I feel it would be my disorder that would present more of a problem than the drugs themselves.

I was on a low dose of Ativan in 2007 for a few months when a family member past. My BP went very high and my anxiety level was to the max and had difficulty breathing through the anxiety. The low dose of Ativan (as needed) helped me function and breathe better, but did not blur my thoughts in any manner. Just helped me to deal with things around me during the grieving process. At no time did I feel addicted to the medication.

Anytime you are on an anxiety medication, it builds up in your system and you lose the initial effects of sleepiness etc. once it levels out. You don't even realize you are taking it after awhile as you do not feel the effects.

I don't think there would be a problem with taking medication and a LDT as someone mentioned they can still get a baseline. The problem is that CA won't take one because her lawyer (under his breath) has an issue with it. He can spout all day it is because of the medication if he wants, but we all know that defense attorneys in general do not recommend their clients take one.

Tonite, on NG, MN said CA was on "medication" that would not qualify her to take a polygraph. What meds out there could do this?

It is about time CA get some help from pharmaceuticals!

I commented about this last night on the NG thread and in hindsight I wish I hadn't. I got caught up in the moment and I think it was inappropriate of me to say anything.

Can you imagine the incredible amount of stress that family is under? I wouldn't blame them at all. Additionally, I think it's really crummy that we're speculating about what kind of medication they (CA was eluded to last night but I'm keeping this open) are taking. I would think that with all that's going on it would reasonable to assume their blood pressure is elevated. It could be a thyroid medication-thyroid problems increase anxiety and other issues and take several weeks to really work.

I know that the A's have been less than forthcoming in this whole mess but is it really OK to 'go there' with trying to figure out what sorts of psychotropic drugs they are on?

And yes, you can drive on xanax. As stated before once you know how it affects you you are good to go. (I say this is a recovering benzo addict)

I agree that CA isn't the most likeable person on earth but she is, afterall, a grandmother who has lost her only grandchild to a tragic, horrific event due to her daughter's actions. Can you even imagine what she's going through? I don't know how I would react. I would think that most of her actions have just been defense mechanisms. Let's have a little bit of sympathy and compassion for this family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg
Back